Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Father Cody

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I typed out a reply, then noticed you'd found the info so I deleted it.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I typed out a reply, then noticed you'd found the info so I deleted it.
    Well thank you anyway.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

The one in the picture is 3rd state and the other two copies I have are 2nd state. Was hoping I had gotten lucky and one of the other two was a 1st state, but looks like I’m still on the hunt. Not sure it matters that much to me, at least for now. Just happy to have a NF/NF copy of any of them.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Congrats, Adam!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Congrats, Adam!
    Thank you, Brian!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by adammoro View Post
    The one in the picture is 3rd state and the other two copies I have are 2nd state. Was hoping I had gotten lucky and one of the other two was a 1st state, but looks like I’m still on the hunt. Not sure it matters that much to me, at least for now. Just happy to have a NF/NF copy of any of them.
    I am a little confused on what book this is referring too.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Awesome, dude. Yeah those jackets are notoriously fragile...good to see the Aussie Annihilator hooked ya up

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

OK. I am guessing it's your EOTD book. It does look great. Mine is pretty good I think. I haven't looked at it in a while.

My Mood
    Chatty

Default Book Collection: Father Cody

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Awesome, dude. Yeah those jackets are notoriously fragile...good to see the Aussie Annihilator hooked ya up
    Thanks, bro. I’ll tell ya, between all the goods from you and the Terror from Down There, my collection is getting pretty solid. Just 15 or so more first editions to go!

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    OK. I am guessing it's your EOTD book. It does look great. Mine is pretty good I think. I haven't looked at it in a while.
    You’re right, Mike. My bad, I forgot to quote the post I was replying to. Thanks! It’s a pretty neat dust jacket I think, but every one I could find had at least one defect I couldn’t overlook. Didn’t think I’d ever get one in such good shape. Now I’ve got to somehow manage to sell three copies that no one will want.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by adammoro View Post
    I am a little confused on what book this is referring too.
    He's talking about Eyes of the Dragon. There are 3 printer variants. So, not really 'states' - at least not ordered ones (i.e. 1st, 2nd, etc which signifies one was before the other) as they were all released simultaneously.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Cool

Got you Stroppy. I have one. I am pretty sure it's a 1\1 but I don't know if it's in as great shape as the one in the picture. It may have some fringing on the top of the DJ but I am happy with it. Now I have to look and see what state it is. I looked in first ed section and saw what you meant by three variant. Now I need to see what variant it is. I don't think I will go as crazy to try and find the other two. Having one that it is really nice shape is enough for me.

My Mood
    Chatty

Here’s my Charles L. Grant collection. Peripheral recommended this author on Facebook a few months ago, and, although I hadn’t read anything by him yet, I started collecting. That’s probably something only a collector could understand— buying pricey editions of books you haven’t even read, that is. Since then I have read a bunch of his short stories and all I can say is I’m glad I’ve already made a dent in this collection.

The whole shebang:

“Quietly Now” limitation page with Stephen King’s signature just below Grant’s:

Shelf shot:

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome Grant collection, Adam. You assembled that quickly. Such a unique voice in the horror cannon, one of the best. Very happy to have turned you onto him...

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Cool, Adam and very nice of you, Peri
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Grant selection!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I'll Grant you, those are nice looking books.

BTW - I don't collect Grant books, but I do collect his wife's, Kathyrn Ptacek, who unfortunately doesn't seem to write much any more.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

Gunslinger Apprentice Cordial Jim will become famous soon enough Cordial Jim's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yes! I'm feeling the love for Charles L. Grant! A Master! Great collection!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I'll Grant you, those are nice looking books.

BTW - I don't collect Grant books, but I do collect his wife's, Kathyrn Ptacek, who unfortunately doesn't seem to write much any more.
    Hey Steve, what's Kathy like as a writer? Anything like Grant? (Sorry to hijack your thread with some Kathy discussion, Adam).

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

She's often taken for Granted.

I've never read much by Grant, so I can't say. As for Ptacek, I like her style, which can go from horror to erotic to fantasy. It's been a while since I've read anything by her. She's also written under pseudonyms, including some Romance novels, which are the only books of this type I've ever read.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Amazing Grant collection !!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Love the Grant collection!
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    Awesome Grant collection, Adam. You assembled that quickly. Such a unique voice in the horror cannon, one of the best. Very happy to have turned you onto him...
    Thanks, Antoni. Really can't thank you enough for this recommendation. Already, Grant's sizing up to be one of my favorite authors. Being so underrated, I probably woudn't experienced his writing until much much later.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Cool, Adam and very nice of you, Peri
    Thanks, Brian! Haha, yeah too nice according to my bank statements.

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Very nice Grant selection!
    Thanks dude! Let me know when you read something of his will ya? Would like to hear your thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Cordial Jim View Post
    Yes! I'm feeling the love for Charles L. Grant! A Master! Great collection!
    Thanks, Jim! It could be my lack of experience reading horror fiction but, man, his stories are so original and unique. The first one I read by him was about an old man's conversation with a Pan god figure on some coast off Greece. I thought I had the wrong book until the end. Then I read, "Through All His Blood Runs Shadow" and was hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    good one

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Amazing Grant collection !!!
    Thanks, Stockerlone! Hoping to get more S/L's eventually!

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Love the Grant collection!
    Thanks, Brice! Me too. The cover art on these are, I don't know, just fun to look at I guess. Soemthing about them I just love.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast