Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Father Cody

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You're busting outta those shelves, homedawg...

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That collection is really growing Adam. More bookshelves are needed for sure. I am almost at that spot as well.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    You're busting outta those shelves, homedawg...
    Don’t I know it, homeslice.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    That collection is really growing Adam. More bookshelves are needed for sure. I am almost at that spot as well.
    Glad to hear that. You’ve added some great ones recently. Congratulations dude, happy for you.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I just did a whole purge-and-reshelve of my collection to free up space and make it a bit more presentable. Even after the purge, it took *5* new bookshelves to get all the books off the floor and out of storage. Three of them were exactly like the ones you have there.

So I hear you, brother. Never enough shelves.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

As a cabinetmaker, I have to say that Ikea's Billy Bookcase with glass doors is a bargain. I couldn't build the same thing for the same price.

You can always upgrade to a high end bookcase later. I have four Billys and wish I had four(ten) more.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Looking great, duder! Also, highly recommend the Billy (as noted above)

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I just did a whole purge-and-reshelve of my collection to free up space and make it a bit more presentable. Even after the purge, it took *5* new bookshelves to get all the books off the floor and out of storage. Three of them were exactly like the ones you have there.

So I hear you, brother. Never enough shelves.

HBJ
    Wow! 5?? Have you ever posted a panoramic picture of your whole collection? I’d love to see that.

I need to get better at the purge part. Think I have a bit of hoarder in me with books, haha. Wife’s still pissed I took over our bedroom shelves that she used for decorative knick-knacks. Next it was a clock with shelves also for knick-knacks that I took over for all those paperbacks (which only put a dent in them!). I’ll post a picture of those next. They’re not pretty in terms of display but it’ll make for evidence for a good case study on when a hobby turns into an obsession.

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    As a cabinetmaker, I have to say that Ikea's Billy Bookcase with glass doors is a bargain. I couldn't build the same thing for the same price.

You can always upgrade to a high end bookcase later. I have four Billys and wish I had four(ten) more.
    I bet you’ve got some sweet shelves, dude. Thanks for the tip! I think I was looking at those. The plan (hopefully) is to use them for the majority of my collection and then maybe a high end case for the rarest ones.

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Looking great, duder! Also, highly recommend the Billy (as noted above)
    Thanks, bro! They’re the ones peripheral use, right?

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

[/QUOTE]
    Thanks, bro! They’re the ones peripheral use, right?[/QUOTE]

Yep he has them

My Mood
    Chatty

Wife’s former knick-knack shelves:

Wife’s former knick-knack clock shelves:

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Hopefully your wife is also not "former" as a result.

(My wife is also incredibly understanding when it comes to my books. She doesn't understand it, but she tolerates it).

I need to get better at the purge part. Think I have a bit of hoarder in me with books, haha.
    When I say "purge", I should say I barely made a dent. I still have multiple copies of things I really can't justify. It was a very light purge.

Also, I should say that my "collection" includes many trade editions that are in no way collectible. I simply don't throw books away. So I have SF, Fantasy, and mainstream paperbacks that have no collectibility value, but that occupy two creaking overstuffed bookshelves. So photos would not be that interesting. I might post one in my non-King thread, though, just for giggles.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”

Ilium (Simmons)

My Mood
    Chatty

Ha! No, she’s still hanging around. You said it perfectly- she tolerates, but doesn’t understand.

I hope you do post it! This conversation reminds me of an article about people like us. Seems we’re some kind of cross between a bibliomaniac and a practicer of tsundoku.

https://www.treehugger.com/cleaning-...-can-read.html

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Ha! No, she’s still hanging around. You said it perfectly- she tolerates, but doesn’t understand.

I hope you do post it! This conversation reminds me of an article about people like us. Seems we’re some kind of cross between a bibliomaniac and a practicer of tsundoku.

https://www.treehugger.com/cleaning-...-can-read.html
    This is perfect! And I have my books arranged the same way (it sounds like a lot of us do): fancier shelves in two locations for my bibliomania and knick-knack shelves all over the house for my tsundoku. And then obviously the fancy shelves are well-curated and organized and the tsundoku shelves are alphabetical at best...

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

...Wife’s still pissed I took over our bedroom shelves that she used for decorative knick-knacks...
    Sounds like what I did a few years ago...but in reverse.
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    This is perfect! And I have my books arranged the same way (it sounds like a lot of us do): fancier shelves in two locations for my bibliomania and knick-knack shelves all over the house for my tsundoku. And then obviously the fancy shelves are well-curated and organized and the tsundoku shelves are alphabetical at best...
    Ha! It really is. Peripheral showed it to me the other day and I’m glad he did. There’s some good ammo in there for the biblio marital bouts. I hear there are AA groups for practically everything, even too much Call of Duty. I wonder if there’s a Bibliomaniacs Anonymous out there. The thing is I don’t want to quit!

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Sounds like what I did a few years ago...but in reverse.
    A true gentleman. It took me a good six months to convince her I “needed” them, but I think what really did the trick was how I piled up the excess books right where she’d have to see them whenever she got in or out of bed.

My Mood
    Chatty

I really liked the way RF displayed his numbered Misery and I copied him.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice, Adam!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Nice, Adam!
    Thank you, Brian! How’s Saturday treating you so far, my friend?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nice, Adam!
    Pretty well, buddy! Thanks for asking! Hopefully yours is going well also.

I'm pretty much just being lazy lol. Looking at possibly working 3rd shift tonight so I'm not extremely motivated. Maybe I should mow
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Chatty

Nice, Adam!
    Pretty well, buddy! Thanks for asking! Hopefully yours is going well also.

I'm pretty much just being lazy lol. Looking at possibly working 3rd shift tonight so I'm not extremely motivated. Maybe I should mow
    Going well, thanks! Trying to be lazy and read all day but the stars just aren’t lining up for it. Mowing sounds tempting. Good idea.

Country
    Country Flag

Going well, thanks! Trying to be lazy and read all day but the stars just aren’t lining up for it. Mowing sounds tempting. Good idea.
    Mowing has been pushed back to Monday when it's supposed to be a little cooler. Looks like all my neighbors mowed today but I like being the rebel in the hood

In the interim, I decided to bake brownies and eat them

My Mood
    Chatty

Mowing has been pushed back to Monday when it's supposed to be a little cooler. Looks like all my neighbors mowed today but I like being the rebel in the hood

No mowing here either lol

What kind of brownies are we talking about? Can I come over or what?

Congrats on picking up a magnificent book, Adam. And I like how you have it displayed.

Ilium (Simmons)

Country
    Country Flag

No mowing here either lol

What kind of brownies are we talking about? Can I come over or what?
    Sure, buddy! Come over anytime.
    Spoiler:
    Bring your mower

You'll have to go west of me to receive the special brownies. Legally that is

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I really liked the way RF displayed his numbered Misery and I copied him.

Nice “shelfie” man!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Chatty

Default Book Collection: Father Cody

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Congrats on picking up a magnificent book, Adam. And I like how you have it displayed.
    Thanks, Peter! I can’t take credit for the idea, but I like it, too. I ended up putting it back in its case, though, and then back into a drawer I use for the big/rare ones. Too much sunlight in that room for my paranoia.

Sure, buddy! Come over anytime.
    Spoiler:
    Bring your mower

You'll have to go west of me to receive the special brownies. Legally that is
    Lol cool thanks, buddy! I guess I could go west and eat the brownies but then I would be too lazy to come back and mow. I’ll figure something out and get back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Nice “shelfie” man!
    Thanks, dude! I think I remember you having an all glass bookshelf, is that right? I’m a big copycat so starting with Cento’s shelves and now RF’s display methods, it’s only fair that I mention my plan to have an all glass shelf for my biggies. I wonder if any made of polycarbonate (a glass-like material that has UV ray blocking properties) instead of glass are out there. Probably pricey as hell but there’s gotta be.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast