the Earth shakes when my voice knells
    speaking to the sleeping
    in that place in the mind
    where madness dwells
    in close proximity a living hell
    my body an empty shell
    my nose curved like the belly of a whale

What am I
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

taking a stab in the dark here : a bullet?

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

nope
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A train?

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

ATG...there is a riddles section.

We need you!
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mia/susannah View Post
    A train?
    correct.
    The fuckers keep me up all night!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

We need you!
    OMFG, this site has too many sub-forums!

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ATG View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mia/susannah View Post
    A train?
    correct.
    The fuckers keep me up all night!

We need you!
    OMFG, this site has too many sub-forums!
    Well it WAS a poem... but it was more of a riddle.

I am informing the authorities...you'd better get a good lawyer because we have you on a technicality.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

As part of you official interrogation. I must ask you to explain:

"in close proximity a living hell
    my body an empty shell"

(I'm not being an ass or challenging you... just curious. we oft do this in riddles.)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

ATG: do you want it to stay here, or to be moved to Riddles?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

my body an empty shell"

(I'm not being an ass or challenging you... just curious. we oft do this in riddles.)
    we'll see what ATG really meant, but when he says they keep him up all night I assume that is what he means by the "in close proximity a living hell." As in, the train whistle, when it is close, is the living hell. The "empty shell" part I think we all get. Was that it ATG?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by R_of_G View Post

my body an empty shell"

we'll see what ATG really meant, but when he says they keep him up all night I assume that is what he means by the "in close proximity a living hell." As in, the train whistle, when it is close, is the living hell. The "empty shell" part I think we all get. Was that it ATG?

100%

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

prob bc i also have to deal with the living hell of trains running too close to my home

Country
    Country Flag

I live about 2 miles from the tracks. But we're on a hill.
    There is something random about the whistles, and something that perhaps triggers my alarm response.
    Not a single night goes by when I am able to sleep, even with ear-plugs. My wife is not bothered but many a night I lie awake on the couch imagining an engineers head in my cross hairs.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Most of our riddles are poems too!

Jean: its really up to you guys if you want to keep it here or move it to Solved Riddles @ golgotha, only active riddles stay in Road To Fair Day.

ATG: Riddles Forum, have a look if you're into puzzles
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, but I suck at riddles.

I trust the mods to put things where they go, and the pm's are a nice courtesy but really not needed. Just do as ye see fit.

Poems, poetry, prose and song writing are things I do dabble in.

As far as this ' riddle ' it had been spinning around my head, and as I lay in bed, listening to the maddening wail of the trains in the terminal I think of Blaine.

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ATG View Post
    I live about 2 miles from the tracks. But we're on a hill.
    There is something random about the whistles, and something that perhaps triggers my alarm response.
    Not a single night goes by when I am able to sleep, even with ear-plugs. My wife is not bothered but many a night I lie awake on the couch imagining an engineers head in my cross hairs.
    I live about a mile, give or take, and on a hill as well, I seems like the train whistle is right outside my window, drives me crazy as well.