7 20.00%

2 5.71%

2 5.71%

2 5.71%

1 2.86%
  • Never read

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bracket #11: The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower (2004)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Bracket #11: The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower (2004)

The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower, 2004

Please vote for The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower using the following scale:

• Never read

If you haven't read this book yet, please vote Never Read. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

Please base your vote only on this book's own merits, not how it fits into the series as a whole.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Too many conflicting thoughts (and too weak of a memory) to even vote on this: some combination of 5, 3 and 1...
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

-2 full points for the "ending".

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

ending (the first one) was a real cop-out and let down. Loved the second "ending" though.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I actually love the ending to the series.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    some combination of 5, 3 and 1...

That's definitely conflicting.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post

That averages to 3

#nerd

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post

That averages to 3

#nerd
    That had occurred to me, but I still can't commit!
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

-2 full points for the "ending".
    From what I remember I did the same thing only -3

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    ending (the first one) was a real cop-out and let down. Loved the second "ending" though.
    I don't even remember the first vs the second ending. I found neither that good. "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKK KKKKKKKK" How could I say a DT book was bad.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

What do you mean by "second ending"?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Hated King inserting himself in the story, and resented the cop-out ending.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Regarding what I meant by "second ending"

Spoiler:

The "first ending" is when Patrick? (is that his name), erased the Crimson King from existance. I found that to be a cop out and a let down.

After that King says the story is over, but that he has a little more to the story and you can choose to read it if you want, but you may not like it (I think he implied that, going by memory). He then has Roland starting the quest all over again with no memories of doing it before, so now Roland is in a loop. That is what I meant by "second" ending, since King implied it was "optional" reading.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I remember this:

Spoiler:
    The "first ending" is when Patrick? (is that his name), erased the Crimson King from existance.
    ...but don't remember:

Spoiler:
    ...that King says the story is over, but that he has a little more to the story and you can choose to read it if you want, but you may not like it (I think he implied that, going by memory).
    ...although I seem to recall something very similar to this near the end of Black House, and I'd thought that this:

Spoiler:
    He then has Roland starting the quest all over again with no memories of doing it before, so now Roland is in a loop.
    ...only happened at the very end, and not immediately after:

Spoiler:
    The "first ending" is when Patrick? (is that his name), erased the Crimson King from existance.
    Of course, it has been years since I read DT7, and I found it confusing at the time, so I really don't know what's what - I'm not saying you're wrong.

I agree that
    Spoiler:
    the Crimson King's ultimate impotence once we finally lay eyes on him
    was a massive disappointment, just an utter waste, both in the build-up and in the reveal.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

4.5 only because of the real ending... no one
    spoiler
    but was a little unfulfilled. Still loved it...

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Hated King inserting himself in the story, and resented the cop-out ending.
    bears loved both

4.5, though, to give an edge to Drawing, Wolves, and WL

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    4.5 only because of the real ending... no one
    spoiler
    but was a little unfulfilled. Still loved it...
    Can you imagine someone seriously getting to that part and just closing the book.
    "Well, King said to not read past this part. What a great story!"

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Took an awesome series and gave it a toilet flush of an ending. Zero points.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Zero points.
    Insanity

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow... 0...nil... really?

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

The work of Satan I tell you!!! 3.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'll commit to 3.
    Like the series in general, a blend of great, good, and WTF.

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The Dark Tower VII: The Dark Tower has earned a FAS (final average score) of 3.542857143 or 70.86%. It received a rating of 4.5 with 7 votes.

+ Reply to Thread