5 18.52%

2 7.41%

1 3.70%

0 0%

0 0%
  • Never read

2 7.41%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bracket #9: Hearts in Atlantis (1999)

Hybrid View

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Bracket #9: Hearts in Atlantis (1999)

Hearts in Atlantis, 1999

Please vote for Hearts in Atlantis using the following scale:

• Never read

If you haven't read this book yet, please vote Never Read. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

If I was only voting for Low Men In Yellow Coats, I'd give this book a 10, but there were other parts to it that were kinda slow for me.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, just reread Hearts in Atlantis (the story, not the book) as part of Hearts in suspension. I had no recollection of the story when I started the re-read, but then I started to remember some things. Over all I found it boring and pointless. Some of the other stories were ok, like Low men in yellow coats, but the other 2 stories I have no recollection on, other then I think they were connected to Hearts in Atlantis. However I recall not being impressed with them, so overall I had to give it a 2.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

3. Average. LMIYC was good. HIA was pretty good. Do not even remember the 3rd story.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I think this may be only the first 5 I've given out. Maybe the second one...

I've never really considered this to be a collection of short stories. I've always seen it as one long book since all the stories fit together chronologically and I really love it.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Strong collection with a cumulative effect. Not quite up there with Different Seasons for me, but strong nevertheless.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. Hearts in Atlantis has earned a FAS (final average score) of 3.780000000 or 75.60%. It received a rating of 5 with 5 votes.

+ Reply to Thread