0 0%

0 0%

1 3.45%

0 0%
  • Never read

3 10.34%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bracket #4: Pet Sematary (1983)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Bracket #4: Pet Sematary (1983)

Pet Sematary, 1983

Please vote for Pet Sematary using the following scale:

• Never read

If you haven't read this book yet, please vote Never Read. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

5 Really wish I could give it more. Pet Sematary was my first King book so it holds a very special place in my heart. I just finally re-read it a few months ago, and it was even better than I remembered. And a lot scarier too.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The best, period.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    5 Really wish I could give it more. Pet Sematary was my first King book so it holds a very special place in my heart. I just finally re-read it a few months ago, and it was even better than I remembered. And a lot scarier too.
    Totally agree. It was also my first sk experience and it scared the shit out of me... re-reading it at the moment... its great..

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Totally agree. It was also my first sk experience and it scared the shit out of me... re-reading it at the moment... its great..
    Add me to the growing list. One of my favorites!

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

5. Easy. My first SK book. The one I've read the most times, and the scariest of all SK books in my opinion.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I am really curious about what the person who gave it a 1 didn't like about it.

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I am really curious about what the person who gave it a 1 didn't like about it.
    Too scary?
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

The scarier it was the more points it would get from me

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I think I really need to make it a point to read this one this year. I've shied away from it because of the whole death of a child aspect of it, but it's bothering me that there's some classic King out there that I haven't read.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I think I really need to make it a point to read this one this year. I've shied away from it because of the whole death of a child aspect of it, but it's bothering me that there's some classic King out there that I haven't read.
    I was already a parent when I first read this and that part was a little difficult to get through. Remembering that it's all fiction helps a little. It's really a sad book overall more than scary IMO.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Most SK works are a blend of light and dark, but PS to me is really just a "down" book (The Tommyknockers also stuck me as a "down" book, but nowhere near as good as PS).
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I was already a parent when I first read this and that part was a little difficult to get through. Remembering that it's all fiction helps a little. It's really a sad book overall more than scary IMO.
    I grew up seeing the movie a lot and never realized just how unsettling and crushing the story was until I became a parent.

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. Pet Sematary has earned a FAS (final average score) of 4.365384615 or 87.31%. It received a rating of 5 with 11 votes.

+ Reply to Thread