Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: 2018 Dt.Org Fundraiser Benefitting Bangor Public Library and Others

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice!

I appreciate libraries, children's hospitals, TheDarkTower.org and Don Maitz!

I also appreciate everyone involved!
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

I love this about TDT. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a forum do something like this. Thanks to all who organized it.

Can I ask, why Sarasota gets no 19 love?
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Huge effort, great causes...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    I love this about TDT. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a forum do something like this. Thanks to all who organized it.

Alas, Jerome and I reached into our respective pockets and............................................jus t lint!!!! lol lol

Spoiler:
    Next time, donate 10.19!!!! lol j/k lol

I truly hope we can find the wherewithall to do this again next year. If, as stated, King won't sign perhaps some extra effort from the members can pick up the slack with collectible donations and such. Fingers crossed!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

IF.................................we were able to do this again next year. And IF.............King held fast and declined to sign a grand prize book next year. There is really no reason we couldn't mount an admirable effort again to raise funds for some worthy charities. This year we were able to contribute to two libraries and The Shriners Hospital for Children. These were all worthy concerns but certainly not the only ones out there. We could vote and select the top three vote getters next year say, the Red Cross, Salavation Army and maybe St. Jude's Hospital for Children for example. Any three reputable charities a majority approves of to receive the donations.

Of course, we would need to make some fundamental changes in the way we go about raising funds. We'd need to pull together to come up with a worthy Grand Prize to generate "widget donations". Also, we would need a little more help from the membership to raise awareness and drive ebay auctions. If every collector here could spare just one semi-valuable collectible item, auction it on ebay and donate the GROSS total paid to the fundraiser the charitable donation amount would be significant. Also, Jerome had made a quip awhile back regarding awareness and I replied with a wise crack stating that we needed a "PR Firm". That's not far off from the truth and we may actually have the means and/or personnel to accomplish something like that. Alot of our members are involved in the "IT segment" of corporate America. I'm sure that those folks could get together and find ways to raise awareness on the "World Wide Web". Perhaps, we could "Partner up" with other web based presences and pool our resources and increase the donating base.

I've put the "Call Out" in the past with limited response. My "in your face" style of marketing here has not always been welcomed with open arms. That's cool, I fully understand, but if everyone here got involved and employed their own particular styles and methods well, I'd be out of your face, but still very willing to help where I can!!! lol I've said it before, I receive a lot of blame/credit deserved or not for this thing in the past, but absolutely NO ONE does more to make the fund raiser a success than, Jerome. IF we were to move forward with this he would need, and deserve a lot more help from all of us. He keeps the accounting, conducts and tallies the raffle. Receives auction items, photographs them, posts the listings, ships the items, assists in marketing and communications and I'm sure quite a few other things I have neglected to mention. WE can lighten the load and should do so collectively.

Hey, this is a truly amazing online community and has proved that year in and year out. Take the extra step. The way I look at it is that I am very thankful that I am able to amass the collectibles I have and very fortunate that I can provide for my family as well. Why not give something of myself back in recognition and thankfulness for that situation. In the end, it's just "stuff". You can't eat collectibles. They don't heal the sick, we WE could do those things if we worked together.

Okay, rant ended and my apologies. If the membership, and of course JEROME should decide to do this again next year you can count on me to do whatever I can within my means to support the effort. Many, many thanks to everyone who participated in this years success!!!! You folks are the most awesome people on the web!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Default 2018 Dt.Org Fundraiser Benefitting Bangor Public Library and Others

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post

Alas, Jerome and I reached into our respective pockets and............................................jus t lint!!!! lol lol

Spoiler:
    Next time, donate 10.19!!!! lol j/k lol

I truly hope we can find the wherewithall to do this again next year. If, as stated, King won't sign perhaps some extra effort from the members can pick up the slack with collectible donations and such. Fingers crossed!!!
    That would be pretty funny making the donation minimum $10.19! Or even $19.

I hope so too. I’d be happy to donate something from my collection for charity next year. Can’t say it would be a huge motivator but I would do what I can.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

That's really nice that so many organizations were the were able to benefit from this fund raiser. As someone who spent months the hospital and then even more time at a rehab facility, It's great 2 hospitals for children were on this list.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11