2 6.45%

0 0%

1 3.23%

0 0%

0 0%
  • Never read

6 19.35%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bracket #2: The Long Walk (1979)

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Bracket #2: The Long Walk (1979)

The Long Walk, 1979

Please vote for The Long Walk using the following scale:

• Never read

If you haven't read this book yet, please vote Never Read. Feel free to discuss your votes in this thread.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

How do you correct a vote. I clicked on "did not read". I was thinking of roadwork when I clicked that. Meant to give it something else.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What was your vote? I'll fix it when counting the votes. No worries!

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Wish I could give it a 10. One of my all-time favorites.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

It was "never read", should be 3.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

To anyone who votes "Never Read" on this book. Do yourself a favour, beg buy or steal a copy, you are missing out on one of the best stories SK has ever written!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    To anyone who votes "Never Read" on this book. Do yourself a favour, beg buy or steal a copy, you are missing out on one of the best stories SK has ever written!
    Definitely agree

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I never finished this one.

What? Why?!?!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    What? Why?!?!
    I don't know. I remember it just not really grabbing me at the time. I'm a loser, okay?

I should give it another go one day.

Please do. I've done that before, and sometimes they've turned out to be my favorite books

I know what you mean. It took me three tries to finish The Gunslinger. Maybe the last time I tried The Long Walk just wasn't the right time in my life.

Yes, I do believe that sometimes if you read a book at the wrong time you won't enjoy it as much. It's kinda weird, now that I think of it.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I read it so long ago I honestly can not remember it. So I put down not read...

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed. The Long Walk has earned a FAS (final average score) of 4.380000000 or 87.60%. It received a rating of 5 with 11 votes.

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

5. My favorite of the Bachman books. So shocking when the first contestant got his ticket.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    The poll has closed. The Long Walk has earned a FAS (final average score) of 4.380000000 or 87.60%. It received a rating of 5 with 11 votes.
    I forgot to account for the extra vote of 3 from amd013 above. So the actual FAS is 4.326923077 or 86.54%. Sorry!

+ Reply to Thread