Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2018: Overview of the results so far (Round 1)

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Out of all the ones eliminated so far, the only ones I'm sad to see go are The Running Man and Everything's Eventual.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

There are none that I am sad to see go. The two you mentioned, I was surprised to see gone so early, but in the end, not sure either is in my top 30, so they had to go eventually. So far it looks like all my least favorites will get eliminated this week.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Not to derail this thread, but check this out, Jean: http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...=1#post1088792

and big, big bearHugs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Again, a touch late with the closed bracket yesterday, but the whole bracket goes to the eliminated column: Blaze, The Dark Tower, Cell, The Colorado Kid, and Lisey's Story. With 15 spots left undetermined, Night Shift, 'Salem's Lot, Christine, The Drawing of the Three, and Skeleton Crew advance.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The last bracket of the first round just went up, and one more closed. Thus, The Gunslinger, Four Past Midnight, The Dark Half, Under the Dome, and Just After Sunset were eliminated. Some real good ones here. And with only ten spots left undetermined, 11/22/63, Skeleton Crew, The Dead Zone, The Talisman, Duma Key, and Black House clinch a spot in Round 2.

Thanks to everyone who's made the event a success thus far, we're keeping our 30-ish participation level!

Country
    Country Flag

Looking at the list as it currently stands it looks like Firestarter will be making its debut in the second round after coming close the first three times and falling off last time:
    • 2009: 32nd overall
    • 2010: 31st overall
    • 2012: 32nd overall
    • 2014: 43rd overall

I am really happy because I actually like this one a lot and it never seems to get much respect.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am really happy because I actually like this one a lot and it never seems to get much respect.
    Couldn't have said it better Mae!

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Mae,
    Just curious if there is a reason Blockade Billy isn't included in the voting.

Country
    Country Flag

It was included before, but now it's been collected in The Bazaar of Bad Dreams. The same thing will happen if Gwendy's Button Box is ever collected.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Surprised to see The Gunslinger eliminated. Never one of my favorites, but I thought others would like it enough to push it through.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

I could be mistaken but this may be the first time we have only four DT novels in Round 2.

Country
    Country Flag

Yup, just checked. In 2009 and 2010 all seven novels made it. In 2012 there were six (sans Sons of Susannah; this was before The Wind Through the Keyhole). And in 2014 it was the same, but with Wind.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah the Gunslinger is the first elimination that I am disappointed to see eliminated. A few others that I am mildly disappointed, but with as much competition as there is, its not surprising.

There is only one book I am mildly disappointed will make it, and one book that very likely will make it, that I feel is unworthy. So in general quite pleased with the results so far (including
    Firestarter likely making it).
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

The penultimate bracket has closed and Full Dark, No Stars, The Wind Through the Keyhole, Bag of Bones, Hearts in Atlantis, and Doctor Sleep have been eliminated. Joyland, Mr. Mercedes, Firestarter, Needful Things, and Wizard and Glass make it into Round 2.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Bag of Bones is eliminated?!?!

Country
    Country Flag

Yup, I know. But it's never made it out of the first round since the first Constant Reader Awards in 2009.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Oh wow, that's a disappointment

How many make it on, 30? I think I'm going to put together my own top 30 and see how they compare. There's quite a number that are going onward that I would rank near the bottom of my list.

Country
    Country Flag

Top 30 make it into Round 2, and Top 10 into Round 3.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Bag of Bones and Hearts in Atlantis have been eliminated.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

And yesterday the last bracket closed. Sorry, I was out last night and couldn't close the bracket and update the list, but here we go. Cujo, End of Watch, The Bazaar of Bad Dreams, Gwendy's Button Box, and Sleeping Beauties were the last to be eliminated. Shocked to see how low those last two ended up being. And Cujo just missed making it into Round 2 for the first time ever! The last five books to advance are Finders Keepers, Revival, Wolves of the Calla, Insomnia. and Desperation. This means the first two Hodges books both make it into the Top 30. Did not expect that.

Round 2 begins next week on the 13th!

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The penultimate bracket has closed and Full Dark, No Stars, The Wind Through the Keyhole, Bag of Bones, Hearts in Atlantis, and Doctor Sleep have been eliminated.
    Good.
    Joyland, Mr. Mercedes, Firestarter, Needful Things, and Wizard and Glass make it into Round 2.
    Very good.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Why is it that folks that have not read the book feel the need to post that fact and make it known to all? I mean if you haven't read the book what could you possibly contribute to the enterprise? Are these folks also voting?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I vote “never read,” and I suppose I do so in order to reflect that a portion of the readership here hasn’t gotten around to every title, but I’ve done so under the assumption that my non-numerical vote wasn’t dragging down the average - if I am dragging it down, let me know and I’ll refrain as I’m not trying to ruin anything for anyone else.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Country
    Country Flag

No, the never read votes have no effect in the actual rankings. It’s just so that’s eveyone can vote and also we can see which books are less read than others.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Why is it that folks that have not read the book feel the need to post that fact and make it known to all? I mean if you haven't read the book what could you possibly contribute to the enterprise? Are these folks also voting?
    Why fret about it?

St. Troy, please keep voting. AFAIK, a "Never Read" vote does not affect the average.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast