Greetings. I've been a fan of this site for a long time. It's been such a pleasure to look at all the amazing book collections here. It brings much joy and relaxation to this bibliophile. Uncle Stevie has been my very favorite author for my entire life. This site is such a great source for King-related info. To all involved in the site (and all the long time members), awesome, awemsome job, and thank you!

I figured I'd add my humble book collection to the mix. And when I say humble, I mean humble! I have very few S/L's in my collection, unfortunately (although I do have a couple dozen signed books). Money has been tight for most of my life, and just when the budget was starting to allowing it, divorce hits! Back in the poor house again. Still, that's never stopped me from loving books and collecting them. It's brought much joy to my life for the last 20-some years. 90% of my collection comes from the wild - used book stores, book sales, yard sales, etc. I'm lucky to live in an area where I have 3 good used book stores (one really good -- Second Story Books in Rockville, MD) within 15 minutes from my office. I've hit all 3 of them twice a week at lunch for the last 10 years. Second Story is in an industrial warehouse and is huge, with new stock coming in all the time. It's a great thrill to find VG (and up) books from authors you collect in the wild. And it's just great to be in a good used book store period, so relaxing.

My favorite genres are crime, mystery, horror, and fantasy, but I can get into pretty much anything if the writing and story are good. Most of my collection is first editions (including paperback originals, which I love), but I'm not immune to having some second, third, or fourth printings for certain hard-to-find, expensive books (I'm looking at you Last Exit to Brooklyn, Candy, Jaws, The Andromedia Strain, The Stand and some others). I also have a few *ahem* book clubs (Carrie, Night Shift) and I organize my books by size (authors can be spread out over different shelves). I know, it's weird. Favorite Authors: Stephen King (by a long mile), John D. MacDonald, Evan Hunter, Donald Westlake, Ross Thomas, Michael Crichton, Jim Thompson, Robert McCammon, William Marshall, Elmore Leonard, Thomas Harris, Alan Furst, Robert B. Parker, Joe Lansdale, Dennis Etchison, Jack Ketchum, Richard Layman, Rex Miller, Joe Hill, J.R.R. Tolkien, Robert E. Howard (and others).

Anyway, here it is...

The King Case:

The Main Case:

Harris, McCammon, Lansdale, Hill

Tolkien

Robert E. Howard (love the Lancer Conan's!)

Vintage paperbacks (McBain, Stark, McDonald, Westlake, Crichton and others)

The "Literary" Shelf

Stark (Westlake), McBain, Gores, Marshall, Thomas, Parker

Clancy (first five books only!), Crichton, Furst, Cronin

Westlake, Thomas, Leonard, Parker

McDonald, Crichton, Benchley (early books only!), and others

Mystery shelf (Kaminsky, Pickard, Atherton, Dunning, and others)

Simmons, Dunning, Gores, Dorsey and others

Anthologies

Upstairs Case:

Sci-Fi (including the wacky early 80's series Spaceways) and Glen Cook

Horror Paperbacks (McCammon, Laymon, Rex Miller, Ed Lee and others)

60's, 70's paperbacks

Travis McGee paperback originals

Dan J. Marlowe's Drake series, Phillip Atlee's Joe Gall series and William Marshall's Yellowthread Street series (not complete)

80's paperbacks (Stephen Greenleaf, Arthur Lyons, John Lutz, Charles Willeford)

Comic Books, MST3K cards and other stuff

]

Books About Books

Trade Paperbacks

Pile of Books

Well, that's my humble collection. It's not much, but I'm proud of it. Thanks for taking the time to look at it. Happy book collecting!