After four long years the Constant Reader Awards are back! We first started this thing almost ten years ago (November 2008) with irregular subsequent editions in 2010, 2012, and 2014. This will be the fifth edition of this event, and I am so very happy to host it and to have as many of our membership participate as possible. And with the original edition starting in 2008 (but officially being the 2009 CRAs), this could also technically be our 10th anniversary CRA event!

If you are new to the Constant Reader Awards, the premise is simple. We are voting on each book in King's canon to crown the Best Book. So far, four times in a row, it's been The Stand, unshakably. The voting also allows for ranking of the books from the top on down. Please look through the sub-forum archives here for past rankings.

The voting is done in three rounds, and Round 1 will commence on January 16!

As in 2014, in Round 1 we will be voting on each book on a scale of 0 to 5 with ten options, so allowing for something like 3.5. There will be 70 titles competing in the first round, from Carrie to Sleeping Beauties. These will be ranked from best to worst according to the score they will receive and the top 30 will move on to Round 2 for additional grading, after which the top 10 will make it into the all-important final Round 3 where we will get our winner, as well as a 1-70 ranking of all the nominees!

I hope participation will be high as we haven't done this in a while. Can The Stand make it five in a row? Yikes! Only you can make that decision, by voting! In the immortal words of one Paris Hilton: "Vote or Die!" (Not really, but I would really appreciate it, thanks!)