Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Movie List

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1. In a Valley of Violence
    2. Deepwater Horizon
    3. Thor: Ragnarok
    4. Jackie Brown*
    5. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire*
    6. Back to the Future 2*
    7. The Purge: Election Year
    8. Nocturnal Animals
    9. Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader
    *re-watch

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I enjoyed Before I Wake. I had been waiting for that film for what seems like forever. I believe it first made my anticipated list way back in 2016. I really do like Flanagan as a director.
    It's biggest problem was existed in the netherworld between genres. It wasn't horror enough for horror fans, and had too much horror for drama fans. It was well acted and well directed, but I think the lack of imagination really hurt what it could have been. For a kid who's dreams come to life, it was a very underutlized concept, basically consisting of butterflies and The Canker Man (as creepy as he was), and a few memories of their dead son. Part of me feels like there was some good stuff cut from the film which expanded more on what he can dream, but was cut for time or never made it into the final draft.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List

1. Annabelle Creation
    2. Assassin's Creed
    3. Die Hard*
    4. The Secret Life of Pets
    5. Deep Water Horizon
    6. Monster Trucks
    7. Girl With A Pearl Earring
    8. Valerian and the City of A Thousand Planets
    9. Scream*
    *rewatch
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I enjoyed Before I Wake. I had been waiting for that film for what seems like forever. I believe it first made my anticipated list way back in 2016. I really do like Flanagan as a director.
    It's biggest problem was existed in the netherworld between genres. It wasn't horror enough for horror fans, and had too much horror for drama fans. It was well acted and well directed, but I think the lack of imagination really hurt what it could have been. For a kid who's dreams come to life, it was a very underutlized concept, basically consisting of butterflies and The Canker Man (as creepy as he was), and a few memories of their dead son. Part of me feels like there was some good stuff cut from the film which expanded more on what he can dream, but was cut for time or never made it into the final draft.
    Yeah, I felt like they were holding back. They could have done a lot more with the concept.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2010 List
    2011 List
    2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List

2018 List:

Wind River
    Inferno
    Molly's Game
    Before I Wake
    Insidious: The Last Key
    Amityville: The Awakening
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List

1. Annabelle Creation
    2. Assassin's Creed
    3. Die Hard*
    5. Deep Water Horizon
    6. Monster Trucks
    9. Scream*
    10. The Day the Earth Stood Still
    *rewatch

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Dancin' in the Sun yet again...

here's my list so far:

1. Hearts Beat Loud
    2. Monsters and Men
    3. Robin Williams: Come Inside my Mind
    4. Mandy
    5. Sorry to Bother You
    6. Tyrel
    7. Yardie (Idris Elba's directorial debut)
    8. Blaze
    9. Assassination Nation
    10. Monster
    11. Summer of '84
    12. Lords of Chaos
    13. Holiday
    14. American Animals
    15. The Price of Everything
    16. Revenge
    17. Don't Worry, He won't get far on foot
    18. The Sentence
    19. Piercing
    20. MATANGI/ MAYA/ M.I.A.
    21. Minding the Gap
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lookwhoitis View Post
    Dancin' in the Sun yet again...

here's my list so far:

1. Hearts Beat Loud
    2. Monsters and Men
    3. Robin Williams: Come Inside my Mind
    4. Mandy
    5. Sorry to Bother You
    6. Tyrel
    7. (half of) Piercing

I am going to try and catch Idris Elba's directorial debut, Yardie, tomorrow
    Nice, I'm not familiar with the ones you saw. I remember you saw Wind River there last year which turned out to be one of my favorite films of the year.

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List

1. Annabelle Creation
    2. Assassin's Creed
    3. Die Hard*
    5. Deep Water Horizon
    6. Monster Trucks
    9. Scream*
    11. The Girl on the Train
    *rewatch

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Lady Bird *****
    The Shape of Water ****
    From Dusk Till Dawn (RW) *****
    Dunkirk (RW) ****
    Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri (RW)*****
    Logan Lucky ****
    I, Tonya ****
    The Disaster Artist ****
    Blue Valentine ****
    Species (RW) ****
    Can't Hardly Wait (RW) ****
    What About Bob? (RW) *****
    Hostiles **

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Woah! What happened with Hostiles?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2010 List
    2011 List
    2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List

2018 List:

Wind River
    Inferno
    Molly's Game
    Before I Wake
    The Mountain Between Us
    The Open House
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Lady Bird *****
    The Shape of Water ****
    From Dusk Till Dawn (RW) *****
    Dunkirk (RW) ****
    Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri (RW)*****
    Logan Lucky ****
    I, Tonya ****
    The Disaster Artist ****
    Blue Valentine ****
    Species (RW) ****
    Can't Hardly Wait (RW) ****
    What About Bob? (RW) *****
    Hostiles **
    12 Strong ****
    A Ghost Story *****

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

1. The Labyrinth
    2. Star Wars: The Last Jedi
    3. Pitch Black
    4. Chronicles of Riddick
    5. Riddick
    6. Transformers: The Last Knight
    7. Wonder Woman (animated)
    8. The Day of the Dead (original)
    9. The Last Man On Earth (Price)
    10. The Incredible Hulk (Norton)
    11. Appleseed Alpha
    12. Justice League Dark
    13. The Killing Joke
    14. 7 sisters

Country
    Country Flag

2010 List
    2011 List
    2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List

2018 List:

Wind River
    Inferno
    Molly's Game
    Before I Wake
    The Mountain Between Us
    The Open House
    Blade Runner 2049
    Get Out
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List

1. Annabelle Creation
    2. Assassin's Creed
    3. Die Hard*
    5. Deep Water Horizon
    6. Monster Trucks
    9. Scream*
    12. mother!
    13. The Cloverfield Paradox

*rewatch

Country
    Country Flag

Thoughts on Cloverfield? It's getting trashed online so I'm wondering if it's because critics aren't a fan of the genre or if the movie's really that bad. I plan on watching it in the next few days.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

It was ok, definitely not terrible. It felt like they took bits of a bunch of movies and put them all together. I loved the ending.

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List

1. Annabelle Creation
    2. Assassin's Creed
    3. Die Hard*
    5. Deep Water Horizon
    6. Monster Trucks
    9. Scream*
    12. mother!
    14. Cloverfield*
    15. Strange Days

*rewatch

Country
    Country Flag

2010 List
    2011 List
    2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List

2018 List:

Wind River
    Inferno
    Molly's Game
    Before I Wake
    The Mountain Between Us
    The Open House
    Blade Runner 2049
    Get Out
    Winchester
    The Cloverfield Paradox
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List

1. Annabelle Creation
    2. Assassin's Creed
    3. Die Hard*
    5. Deep Water Horizon
    6. Monster Trucks
    9. Scream*
    12. mother!
    14. Cloverfield*
    15. Strange Days
    16. Oscar Nominated Animated Shorts
    *rewatch

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List

1. Annabelle Creation
    2. Assassin's Creed
    3. Die Hard*
    5. Deep Water Horizon
    6. Monster Trucks
    9. Scream*
    12. mother!
    14. Cloverfield*
    15. Strange Days
    17. The Shape of Water
    *rewatch

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1. In a Valley of Violence
    2. Deepwater Horizon
    3. Thor: Ragnarok
    4. Jackie Brown*
    5. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire*
    6. Back to the Future 2*
    7. The Purge: Election Year
    8. Nocturnal Animals
    9. Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader
    10. Spider-Man: Homecoming
    11. The Shape of Water
    12. Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2*
    *re-watch

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List

1. Annabelle Creation
    2. Assassin's Creed
    3. Die Hard*
    5. Deep Water Horizon
    6. Monster Trucks
    9. Scream*
    12. mother!
    14. Cloverfield*
    15. Strange Days
    17. The Shape of Water
    18. The Mummy (2017)
    19. The Ritual (Netflix)
    20. Loving Vincent

*rewatch

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

2010 List
    2011 List

2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List

1. A Don't Feel at Home in this World Anymore
    2. Office Christmas Party
    3. The Shape of Water
    4. The Zookeeper's Wife
    5. Table 19
    6. The Light Between Oceans
    7. Before I Wake
    8. Logan Lucky
    9. Molly's Game
    10. Call Me by Your Name
    11. Three Billboards Outside of Ebbing, Missouri
    12. Super Dark Times
    13. Battle of the Sexes
    14. The Belko Experiment
    15. The Post
    16. Hostiles
    17. The Homesman
    18. I, Tonya
    19. Cloverfield Paradox
    20. Everything, Everything
    21. Gifted
    22. The Beguiled
    23. Black Panther
    24. Game Night
    25. Annihilation
    Last edited by Still Servant; 05-29-2018 at 04:16 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast