Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Movie List

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 2018 Movie List

We're late! We're late! I think it's about time we got this show rolling.

2010 List
    2011 List

2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List

A Don't Feel at Home in this World Anymore
    Office Christmas Party
    The Shape of Water
    The Zookeeper's Wife
    Table 19
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List

1. Annabelle Creation
    2. Assassin's Creed
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

2010 List
    2011 List

2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List

Office Christmas Party
    The Shape of Water
    The Zookeeper's Wife
    Table 19
    show off.

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I always see this thread and think I might join the coming year but then forget about it until it's too late. What are the rules? I flip through the TV and often find movies I like that are already started. What % of the movie do you have to watch for it to count? I watched Deepwater Horizon tonight but missed the beginning.

1. In a Valley of Violence
    2. Deepwater Horizon

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Going to actually try to maintain this year. Including a couple I saw at the end of 2017 since I didn't maintain my last list at all.

Lady Bird *****
    The Shape of Water ****
    From Dusk Till Dawn (RW) *****
    Dunkirk (RW) ****
    Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri (RW)*****
    Logan Lucky ****
    I, Tonya ****
    The Disaster Artist ****
    Blue Valentine ****
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post

2010 List
    2011 List

2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List

Office Christmas Party
    The Shape of Water
    The Zookeeper's Wife
    Table 19
    show off.
    I was sick, so I was just blowing through some free crap on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by RUBE View Post
    I always see this thread and think I might join the coming year but then forget about it until it's too late. What are the rules? I flip through the TV and often find movies I like that are already started. What % of the movie do you have to watch for it to count? I watched Deepwater Horizon tonight but missed the beginning.

2. Deepwater Horizon
    There aren't really any rules. You kind of just make it up to fit your needs. Some people count films they've seen this year that are rewatches. I personally only count films that I've seen for the first time. It's really up to you. It's really just a way to show people what you've watched throughout the year and it's always fun to look back at it.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Lady Bird *****
    The Shape of Water ****
    Dunkirk (RW) ****
    Logan Lucky ****
    I, Tonya ****
    The Disaster Artist ****
    Blue Valentine ****
    Species (RW) ****

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List

1. Annabelle Creation
    2. Assassin's Creed
    3. Die Hard*
    4. The Secret Life of Pets
    5. Deep Water Horizon
    6. Monster Trucks

*rewatch

Maerlyn's Imp RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE is just really nice RUBE's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2. Deepwater Horizon
    3. Thor: Ragnarok
    4. Jackie Brown*
    5. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire*
    *re-watch

My son really wanted to watch Harry Potter.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

2010 List
    2011 List

2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List

Office Christmas Party
    The Shape of Water
    The Zookeeper's Wife
    Table 19
    The Light Between Oceans
    Before I Wake
    Logan Lucky
    Molly's Game

I'm on a Killjoy like pace so far! Thank god for Holidays and snow days.

Country
    Country Flag

2. Deepwater Horizon
    3. Thor: Ragnarok
    4. Jackie Brown*
    5. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire*
    6. Back to the Future 2*
    7. The Purge: Election Year
    *re-watch

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post

Lady Bird *****
    The Shape of Water ****
    Dunkirk (RW) ****
    Logan Lucky ****
    I, Tonya ****
    The Disaster Artist ****
    Blue Valentine ****
    Species (RW) ****
    I'm surprised you hadn't seen Blue Valentine. Such a great film.

Also, I saw Logan Lucky too and I absolutely adored that film.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I tried to watch Blue Valentine back when it came out, but the file I downloaded was in spanish. It wasn't until my friend recently picked it up and then watched it together I finally saw it. And Logan Lucky was a very solid film.

This was the first time up at my mom's when my step dad didn't hate any of the films I put on. But he enjoyed Dunkirk, Three Billboards, Logan Lucky, and I, Tonya. He HATED Manchester By The Sea and Midnight Special haha I really wanted to make him watch Mother! or A Ghost Story.

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List

1. Annabelle Creation
    2. Assassin's Creed
    3. Die Hard*
    5. Deep Water Horizon
    6. Monster Trucks
    7. Girl With A Pearl Earring
    *rewatch

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I tried to watch Blue Valentine back when it came out, but the file I downloaded was in spanish. It wasn't until my friend recently picked it up and then watched it together I finally saw it. And Logan Lucky was a very solid film.

This was the first time up at my mom's when my step dad didn't hate any of the films I put on. But he enjoyed Dunkirk, Three Billboards, Logan Lucky, and I, Tonya. He HATED Manchester By The Sea and Midnight Special haha I really wanted to make him watch Mother! or A Ghost Story.
    He would be tortured watching Mother!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

He would be tortured watching Mother!
    The beginning of Three Billboards just like 45 seconds of the beaten down billboards with an aria playing, and he says, "I can tell this movie is going to be a piece of shit." hahaha

Lady Bird *****
    The Shape of Water ****
    Dunkirk (RW) ****
    Logan Lucky ****
    I, Tonya ****
    The Disaster Artist ****
    Blue Valentine ****
    Species (RW) ****
    Can't Hardly Wait (RW) ****
    What About Bob? (RW) *****

Country
    Country Flag

2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List

1. Annabelle Creation
    2. Assassin's Creed
    3. Die Hard*
    5. Deep Water Horizon
    6. Monster Trucks
    7. Girl With A Pearl Earring
    8. Valerian and the City of A Thousand Planets
    *rewatch

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Valerian got a lot of hate for some reason but I really enjoyed it for the most part. Not an amazing film, but really good.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Past Years Links:

blue = at the theater, red = dvd or streaming, * = rewatch.

2018 Movies:

1. The Shape of Water

<begin Sundance>
    <end Sundance>

The Shape of Water*
    The Post
    Phantom Thread
    Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
    Annihilation
    Red Sparrow
    Ready Player One

Paterno
    A Quiet Place
    Black Panther
    You Were Never Really Here
    Isle of Dogs

The Disaster Artist
    The Florida Project
    I, Tonya
    Molly's Game

The Avengers: Infinity War
    Solo: A Star Wars Story

Passengers
    Darkest Hour
    Split
    CoCo
    Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri*
    The Interview

Hereditary
    Searching
    BlacKKKlansman
    Last edited by Lookwhoitis; 12-31-2020 at 11:20 PM.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Valerian got a lot of hate for some reason but I really enjoyed it for the most part. Not an amazing film, but really good.
    I absolutely loved the Fifth Element so was looking forward to this one. The visuals are spectacular. I watched it with my husband and son and they weren't too thrilled. I think I'll have to watch it again. I think the weak link for me is the acting/chemistry of the two main characters, especially Laureline. Also I didn't previously know this is adapted from a French comic.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

2010 List
    2011 List
    2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List

2018 List:

Wind River
    Inferno
    Molly's Game
    Before I Wake
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I really wish I had seen this one on the big screen. As long as it's better than Jupiter Ascending then I'll be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    2010 List
    2011 List
    2012 List
    2013 List
    2014 List
    2015 List
    2016 List
    2017 List

2018 List:

Wind River
    Inferno
    Molly's Game
    Before I Wake
    I enjoyed Before I Wake. I had been waiting for that film for what seems like forever. I believe it first made my anticipated list way back in 2016. I really do like Flanagan as a director.

Country
    Country Flag

I thought it was just okay in general, but what it lacked originality it made up for with great performances (great portrayals of grief, especially from Thomas Jane) and a surprisingly emotional ending reveal.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I thought it was just okay in general, but what it lacked originality it made up for with great performances (great portrayals of grief, especially from Thomas Jane) and a surprisingly emotional ending reveal.
    Yeah, if I had paid money to see it in a theater instead of watching it at home while having a day off because of snow then I probably would have felt a little differently.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast