Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Elevation: A Castle Rock novel (out October 30, 2018)

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    King is reading the audiobook version. See the announcement here: https://twitter.com/skdotcom_news/st...84549688291328
    That's great news!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Traveler kimmysawi is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Is that an early April Fool's prank? PhenQ Review That synopsis sounds terrible (and is jarringly written).
    This was the best time to make these pranks

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Amazon has the back cover:

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Am I the only one still sort of lost on the premise/feel of this book?

I don't remember ever reading such a vague synopsis.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's got fireworks apparently?

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

It's almost like it's a joke or something. I mean, a guy losing weight rapidly..Is this Thinner part 2, or? Also, I remember seeing another author by the name Stephen King once (with either a different spelling or with an added middle initial) and I keep feeling like we're gonna found out this book is by that guy. I know that can't be the case since King himself has mentioned this book, but the whole situation is just weird.

Country
    Country Flag

Those lucky few that have read it already say it's some of King's best work.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

It struck me as Under The Dome (disagreeable neighbors) without the aliens and death, which paves the way for a greater understanding or something.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    It's got fireworks apparently?
    Nope
    The UK cover fits better with the story

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

There are fireworks, and it does involve weight loss, but it's more kin to The Shrinking Man by Matheson than to Thinner.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Really? I thought it was a mediocre Joe Hill story. I found myself puzzled for a few minutes and then forgot about the whole thing after that.

I liked every book of his better than this. Even Gwendys.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh shit, did I really forget / didnt notice the fireworks???
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Really? I thought it was a mediocre Joe Hill story. I found myself puzzled for a few minutes and then forgot about the whole thing after that.

I liked every book of his better than this. Even Gwendys.
    I really had to think hard to remember the fireworks. Lower your expectations and you might like the book more than I did.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I've seen a lot of good comments/reviews, too, but I'm still skeptical after the disappointments of Sleeping Beauties, The Outsider, and Gwendy's.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post

No! I still have no idea. I still am thinking back to the first synopsis that mentioned the lesbian neighbors and a pooping dog.

It got to the point where each synopsis I was like, "I still don't understand what this is. I'll just wait to read it."
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

The Outsider was terrific, the best King book in a long time. I suppose Elevation is to be taken as a light read, an upbeat tale that perhaps isn't that strong or memorable as so many of King's works. Sort of like the Bill Hodges books. I'm sure I will like it, but I hope we will get something grand as...say, a new Dark Tower novel

I've seen a lot of good comments/reviews, too, but I'm still skeptical after the disappointments of Sleeping Beauties, The Outsider, and Gwendy's.

No! I still have no idea. I still am thinking back to the first synopsis that mentioned the lesbian neighbors and a pooping dog.

It got to the point where each synopsis I was like, "I still don't understand what this is. I'll just wait to read it."
    "the lesbian neighbors and the pooping dog".
    Worst synopsis ever!

It's like, with each synopsis, we know less and less. Much like the character from the book is shrinking, so is our understanding of things.

I know I'll read it either way, I just wish I wasn't so lost. haha

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Much like the character from the book is shrinking, so is our understanding of things.

"You are now entering...The Twilight Zone."
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Much like the character from the book is shrinking, so is our understanding of things.

"You are now entering...The Twilight Zone."

Now I'm just really dying to read this thing just so I can see what the hell is going on.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to be so upset if the book is not 100% about pooping dogs. They got me all hyped up!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm going to be so upset if the book is not 100% about pooping dogs. They got me all hyped up!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

With Elevation referring to elevating the poop from the lawn to the poop-bag?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

With Elevation referring to elevating the poop from the lawn to the poop-bag?
    Okay, now you guys are just full o shit!!! lol
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

A NEW GAME BEGINS

I feel like, once I read the book and get to the part with the pooping dog, I'm gonna be all excited, like: "That's it! The dog poop part!"

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

I feel like, once I read the book and get to the part with the pooping dog, I'm gonna be all excited, like: "That's it! The dog poop part!"
    I just submitted my review to News from the Dead Zone. Should be up either at the end of the week or early next week.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast