Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Elevation: A Castle Rock novel (out October 30, 2018)

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Finally got to read this yesterday. It reminds me of Solo the Star Wars movie in that I’m glad that I experienced it and was engaged throughout. However once I closed the book or walked out of the theatre, I realized I’d never think about it again

Pretty forgettable in the grand scheme but definitely worth reading. It also makes me want Mexican food

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post
    It also makes me want Mexican food
    Now, I'm intrigued.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Popkin View Post
    It also makes me want Mexican food
    Now, I'm intrigued.
    Gave me the same craving!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    Didn't really care for the Pennywise joke, don't think it works 'in-universe'. Like how would the band be even aware of Pennywise and even if they had heard stories from Derry it's still a name associated with brutal child murders.
    Young rockers aren't always that sensitive - ever heard of the Dead Kennedys?

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I read it last month (I liked it; my full thoughts at http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...=1#post1187171) and agree with this:

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post
    ...I thought the length was great. The story didn't overstay it's welcome, or have length enough to slow down or meander, so it keeps things rolling along to a satisfying ending. Feels tight from start to finish.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6