Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ender's Saga by Orson Scott Card

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Ender's Saga by Orson Scott Card

Another great sci-fi series. Which books have you read? So far, I have the following titles under my belt:

-Enders Game
    -Enders Shadow
    -Shadow of The Hegemon

The next two that I plan on picking up are Shadow of The Giant (I love Bean!) and Speaker for the Dead, which I've heard is pretty f'n awesome.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Great series!!! Yes, I luv Bean.

The other series, the ones following Ender are a little different. A lot more philosophical. (I know, butchered the spelling of that, I'm sure Zone will correct me. ) I have heard that he has a new one coming out that will actually join the two series. Be interesting how he does it. I have my own theories of course.....

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Which has been your favorite so far, Tel?

Along the Path of the Beam Fishonabike is on a distinguished road Fishonabike's Avatar

I've read Ender's Game/Ender's War, Speaker for the Dead, and Xenocide... and I love them.

As far as the rest of the books, I have some catching up to do.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Have you read anything Bean-related, f.o.a.b?

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

I have every single ender related book, i love them.

fp, sounds to me like you need to read Shadow Puppets before you read Shadow of the Giant.

Enjoy these.

I had heard there was supposed to be a movie coming out, but IMDB says they can't make up their mind on it.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBlaze View Post
    fp, sounds to me like you need to read Shadow Puppets before you read Shadow of the Giant.
    Thank you sir, I will heed your advice.

Peaches Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn will become famous soon enough Telynn's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by feverishparade View Post
    Which has been your favorite so far, Tel?

It's hard for me to say. Been a while since I read them and hard to divide the whole story into books. I know I liked the Bean saga better. I really did like Ender's Shadow, to see the flip side of the same story from a different perspective.

Enjoy these.

I had heard there was supposed to be a movie coming out, but IMDB says they can't make up their mind on it.
    John, putting it into spoilers...... how do you think he will connect the two series, if he does end up writing another book that does connect them.

My theory:

Spoiler:
    Bean's decendants are the really smart race on that one planet that is causing all the trouble in the Ender series. The one going around and screwing with everything.

Kingslayer John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze is a jewel in the rough John Blaze's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy

Quote Originally Posted by Telynn View Post

Enjoy these.

John, putting it into spoilers...... how do you think he will connect the two series, if he does end up writing another book that does connect them.

My theory:

Spoiler:
    Bean's decendants are the really smart race on that one planet that is causing all the trouble in the Ender series. The one going around and screwing with everything.

You are so wrong!

j/k

Spoiler:
    The super smart race wasn't remotely human, they communicated using molecules. The other smart planet, Path, is mostly genetically altered Japanese.
    If you remember at the end of Giant, Bean leaves on a spaceship flying at relativistic speeds to preserve him alive long enough to find a cure. It would have to be going pretty fast right? That's where the new book is likely to come in. Jane is going to find Bean, realize who he is, and reunite him with the new and improved Peter. Then they can save the Hundred Worlds together.

That's my take, anyway.
    "So many vows. They make you swear and swear. Defend the King, obey the King, obey your father, protect the innocent, defend the weak. But what if your father despises the King? What if the King massacres the innocent? It's too much. No matter what you do, you're forsaking one vow or another."

Quote Originally Posted by Telynn View Post

Enjoy these.

My theory:

Spoiler:

You are so wrong!

j/k

Spoiler:
    The super smart race wasn't remotely human, they communicated using molecules. The other smart planet, Path, is mostly genetically altered Japanese.
    If you remember at the end of Giant, Bean leaves on a spaceship flying at relativistic speeds to preserve him alive long enough to find a cure. It would have to be going pretty fast right? That's where the new book is likely to come in. Jane is going to find Bean, realize who he is, and reunite him with the new and improved Peter. Then they can save the Hundred Worlds together.

That's my take, anyway.

Spoiler:
    Well, as much as I wanted Bean to still be alive in the Ender series, I'm afraid he wouldn't be. So the thought that his kids landed on some planet and started a race of exceptionally smart beings made some sense. Eventually they could have evolved to something that communicated using molecules or whatever. But it would be nice if Bean were still around...... just couldn't get my hopes up.

My Mood
    Breezy

here's a drink for wishful thinking....

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I've read Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead. Can't decide if I want to continue. I liked these two books well enough but I'm I can't escape the feeling that they're lacking something and I'm not quite sure what that something is. But their grasp on my interest is pretty loose.

My Mood
    Breezy

read Ender's Shadow. TRUST ME! it will capture your interest. The Bean books as a whole are much better than the Ender books.

I luv Bean.

My Mood
    Breezy

if you love beans you'll fit right in at my house!

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

with longaniza?

I'm going to pick up Shadow Puppets as soon as I finish The Hobbit and Duma Key.

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

oohhhh... its in the Mansion... lol

well i just finished Ender's Game (loved it) i'm torn between loving Ender and wanting to tell him to stop letting everyone use him!!
    and i've read Ender's Shadow before. Bean kicks major ass!

My bf has the rest of them so I should be working on them all next week.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by theBeamisHome View Post
    well i just finished Ender's Game (loved it) i'm torn between loving Ender and wanting to tell him to stop letting everyone use him!!
    and i've read Ender's Shadow before. Bean kicks major ass!
    I still remember the first time I read the ending to Enders Game - it warped my mind. And yes, Bean kicks major ass

Au Naturale theBeamisHome is on a distinguished road theBeamisHome's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

my younger cousin read it before me and she was like 'i don't get it.' lol.. i thought it had a great ending... he really didn't need to write anymore for me with that.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I just started Speaker For The Dead a few days ago - it's starting off really well, the only thing I don't like is that the first person narration jumps from character to character within the same chapter/section whicn can be really confusing at times.

With A Fist Full Of Steel Arthur Heath is on a distinguished road Arthur Heath's Avatar

3rd Planet on the left in the Milky Way galaxy
    Country
    Country Flag

I felt dissapointed in the other books simply because I compared them to Enders Game. Had I not and I think I would have enjoyed them more...

"As for gunslingers, Roland," Cuthbert says, "I am here. And we are the last."

When two fit, it makes you think
    I got the cute one, my woman
    She says, "Lovin's all I bring"
    And it's her loving that's a wonderful thing.
    Lovin' yes we are, it's such a wonderful thing
    When two fit it makes you think
    See us both in the black
    She lays on me so relaxed.
    -Big D and The Kids Table

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Other books...you mean Bean's series?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Alright, so now I have Enders Game, Enders Shadow, Shadow of the Hegemon, and Speaker for the Dead under my belt.

Which one do I need to tackle next? Shadow Puppets?

Gunslinger Apprentice theyspunaweb is on a distinguished road theyspunaweb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

feverish (glad you pointed me in the direction of this thread, I don't notice the top 'envelopes' in most sections and probably miss a lot!) if you haven't read more in the enders series, you could keep reading the rest of the Ender story, xenocide and children of the mind. I've read those and the rest you've mentioned (bean's story) and they are all fantastic. I want to re-read the whole thing sometime soon, but I have only re-read Ender's Game itself probably 3 times. It's got to be my favorite book on it's own (solo).

I've yet to read anything else by Card, although I've really been meaning to.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast