Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Ender's Saga by Orson Scott Card

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    [But really, I'm just trying to answer: some authors are talented, some are not talented,
    This, absolutely. If an author is talented, no additional considerations matter. On the other hand, with those who are
    somewhere between the best and the worst.
    there are a lot of things that influence the impression

: back soon :

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pathoftheturtle View Post
    [But really, I'm just trying to answer: some authors are talented, some are not talented,
    This, absolutely. If an author is talented, no additional considerations matter.
    OSC is one such author.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

good

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Highly Romantic, but I cannot buy it, I'm afraid. Even if a writer has some talents, that never means that other specific writers could not be more talented, or that the writer is necessarily exempted from other forms of rational criticism.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Ender's books:

I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

wtf, there's going to be a prequel trilogy?

http://www.examiner.com/review/earth...s-game?cid=rss

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I probably won't read the prequels. I enjoyed the Ender series and Bean series, but the other books he's come out with since that fill in backstory could have been left unwritten. I think he's just greedy for some royalty checks.

Did anyone go see the movie? I loved it. It wasn't perfect, but visually it was incredible. I hope the new Star Wars movies look more like this and less like episodes I-III. I didn't see one single scene that looked cartoonish or badly layered. I wish they had been able to go into
    Spoiler:
    Valentine and Peter taking over the nets,
    but that would have added another hour to the movie probably.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

enjoyed the film immensely.

Never read the books (even with my voracious diet of SF consumption at an early age)

I will be seeking them out
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I saw and enjoyed the movie. I hope they do SPEAKER FOR THE DEAD next.

Spoiler:
    Wasn't Valentine and Peter taking over the world done mostly on computer? It's been a long time since I read the books. That might have been sort of boring on film? Just a speculation though.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It was, but they spent a lot of time conversing between themselves on how to accomplish what they wanted, and that was an interesting dynamic. But it would have added a lot of time to the movie, and the audience members who hadn't read the books probably would have found it boring because it's not about Ender.
    A lady always remembers her courtesies.

Citizen of Gilead mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean has a spectacular aura about mattgreenbean's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Saw the movie and was pretty happy with it. I read the book 12-13 years ago; watching the movie I felt like they got the core of the book on to the screen from what I remembered.
    "That which you think, becomes your world" Matheson

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6