Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Collecting Goals

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

(We need an objective, independent sponsor to monitor us ).
    Desperately

But with those goals, I'm gonna be living vicariously through you this year!!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Since I have quite a limited collection (per american standards), my goals are:
    - whatever french editions will be released, a french proof + french 1st printing : as far as I know, SLEEPING BEAUTIES french translation +THE BAZAR OF BAD DREAMS french mass paperback pocket book (whatever u call it) for the first french translation of "cookie jar"
    - whatever french editions there iwill be : I know of at least one mag publixhing a FR translation of GUNS
    - whatever movie press kit there is : i guess CASTLE ROCK at least
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

2017 was pretty a pretty good year, as I added some very cool Dameron remarques in my WTTKH and CTCC. I also added a red numbered EOTD with a matching art portfolio from Suntup. And I finally got back into the Dolan's Cadillac game with a 1/1000 copy in a slipcase. And I have all the new King limiteds secured.

Gotta finish paying for my new kitchen, ugh, but the hunt goes on for the following, at the right price, in 2018:

Gunslinger S/L #255
    Drawing of the Three S/L #255
    Colorado Kid S/L #33 Potter and Chadbourne
    Cycle of the Werewolf S/L with the remarque
    The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon S/L
    Regulators - Lettered (dream)
    Carrie - lettered (dream)
    Thinner - lettered (dream)
    Adding more remarques to my books!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Collecting goals for 2018:

(1) Getting my Sphere Gunslinger proof signed
    (2) Continuing to help all of you find your "wants" at decent prices
    (3) Adding more remarques to my collection
    (4) spend FAR FAR less in 2018 than I did in 2017!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

How does one go about getting a fresh signature these days? Is he still doing signings at events? I know he didn't at the live event I attended. Or would this be through some magic backdoor channels us mere mortals don't have access to?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post

How does one go about getting a fresh signature these days? Is he still doing signings at events? I know he didn't at the live event I attended. Or would this be through some magic backdoor channels us mere mortals don't have access to?
    Right place.
    Right time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SystemCrashOverRide View Post

Right place.
    Right time.

Isn't that the secret to most success?

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, idea is to find him not in the signing event...VERY difficult to do. In last year, I got close to him once with a couple other people and he politely refused us all.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm certainly hoping to be able to manage:

Outsiders S/L
    The Stand (CD - isn't this slated for 2018?)

Anything else that I can afford and find. It looks to be a LEAN year for us, we seem to be getting more and more behind on bills.

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I had an awesome collecting year in 2017 for both King and McCammon. For McCammon I picked up the original cover painting for Stinger plus the Founders’ copies of the Kinnell titles (full set) plus the lettered Swan Song. For King, highlights are inscribed “to Paul” first editions of The Shining and The Gunslinger (my total count is now 14), a mint first edition of Night Shift, and signed first editions of Skeleton Crew and Different Seasons (both with 80s signatures). Also, finished upgrading my dust jackets on the early books by getting a mint Firestarter (amazing how white they originally were!), Eyes of The Dragon and Pet Semetary - am not looking for any others. Plus the Silver Bullet paperweight - which took me years to find.

For 2018 - a copy of Ubris with an original King story tops my list...but for the first time in a long time nothing is really burning need. I expect I will pick up one or 2 more inscribed books as they have a way of turning up. Finally, I hope we get slipcases for Danse Macabre, Talisman and Skeleton Crew from Jeff. That is all.

Happy holidays and collecting everyone! Paul

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Pics! Without pics it didn't happen.

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

2018 Collecting Goals:

Gwendy's S/L Lonely Road
    The Plant S/L 1/200 (not vital, only if a set comes up and I have any money left &#128512
    Eyes of the Dragon Philtrum Red Numbered S/L 1/250
    The Stand CD Artist and Remarqued Gift Edition
    The Shining Folio Society S/L 1/110
    Full Dark, No Stars BCE S/L 1/100
    Desperation S/L 1/300 bookplate
    Nightmares & Dreamscapes UK 1/1 (£15.99 dj price)
    The Outsider UK 1/1
    The Outsider US 1/1
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I only got one goal in 2018.....
    The Stand S/L bible with coffin...
    P2

Gunslinger Apprentice jsteltor will become famous soon enough jsteltor's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Zidan View Post
    Assuming all goes well, 2018 will mark my first full year as a SK collector. I've only been collecting his books since July 2017 so I have quite a few items on my wishlist that many have long owned.

My goals (no particular order):
    - First signed King book
    - Obtain all of SK 1st US editions (I know I will struggle w/ early Doubleday books at reasonable prices but no use not trying)
    - Obtain all of SK's books in Arabic
    - The Dead Zone (1st edition Easton Press + Slipcase)
    - Insomnia (S/L UK)
    - One For The Road (Unsigned)
    - The Plant (A Privately Bound Copy)
    - Obtain something published on Philtrum Press
    - Try and get some gift editions (Lettered books out of my reach for now)

Non-SK collecting goals
    - Complete my collection of Naguib Mahfouz (Egypt's Nobel Prize Laureate in Literature) books in English. His work was translated and published on Doubleday in the early 90s. Looking for proofs & 1st editions. Already have his books in Arabic. I can't afford signed copies, though. Even in English, his signature is worth more than I can pay at age 26.
    Sent you a PM/
    Wants:
    Insomnia S/L
    Joyland S/L

Have:
    Doctor Sleep - CD PC copy
    Very Best of Best New Horror - PC copy
    Smoke and Mirrors - PC copy
    PS Publishing Anniversary editions set

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Along with most everyone else(hopefully) The Outsider S/L

And all I want is a signed Misery, Dolores Claiborne, and possible Pet Sematary. That's not too much to ask is it?

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Unsigned 1st edition of The Outsider
    Signed 1st edition of The Outsider
    S/L of The Outsider (if made)
    G/E of The Outsider (if made)
    Signed 1st edition paperback of The Storm of the Century
    Signed 1st edition of Thinner
    Signed 1st edition of IT
    Find the missing volume in my DT SL set
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Phalucha View Post
    I had an awesome collecting year in 2017 for both King and McCammon. For McCammon I picked up the original cover painting for Stinger plus the Founders’ copies of the Kinnell titles (full set) plus the lettered Swan Song. For King, highlights are inscribed “to Paul” first editions of The Shining and The Gunslinger (my total count is now 14), a mint first edition of Night Shift, and signed first editions of Skeleton Crew and Different Seasons (both with 80s signatures). Also, finished upgrading my dust jackets on the early books by getting a mint Firestarter (amazing how white they originally were!), Eyes of The Dragon and Pet Semetary - am not looking for any others. Plus the Silver Bullet paperweight - which took me years to find.

For 2018 - a copy of Ubris with an original King story tops my list...but for the first time in a long time nothing is really burning need. I expect I will pick up one or 2 more inscribed books as they have a way of turning up. Finally, I hope we get slipcases for Danse Macabre, Talisman and Skeleton Crew from Jeff. That is all.

Happy holidays and collecting everyone! Paul
    So - copy of Ubris secured...and I see from other thread that slipcases are coming soon. I may be done by Valentine’s Day!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

So - copy of Ubris secured...and I see from other thread that slipcases are coming soon. I may be done by Valentine’s Day!
    Ah! a DEADLINE! - Thats what I need!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Slipcases are better than a bouquet and tied with a box of chocolates.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Slipcases are better than a bouquet and tied with a box of chocolates.
    Slipcases arrived and look awesome. I also knocked one of the hardest items off my list thanks to Dave - signed Part 3 of The Plant (lettered copy) so my set is done. I am having a few of the early slipcases redone in leather and then will post a picture. Asbestos Firestarter anyone? .

Gunslinger Apprentice Zidan will become famous soon enough Zidan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Assuming all goes well, 2018 will mark my first full year as a SK collector. I've only been collecting his books since July 2017 so I have quite a few items on my wishlist that many have long owned.

- First signed King book
    - Obtain all of SK 1st US editions (I know I will struggle w/ early Doubleday books at reasonable prices but no use not trying)

Non-SK collecting goals
    - Complete my collection of Naguib Mahfouz (Egypt's Nobel Prize Laureate in Literature) books in English. His work was translated and published on Doubleday in the early 90s. Looking for proofs & 1st editions. Already have his books in Arabic. I can't afford signed copies, though. Even in English, his signature is worth more than I can pay at age 26.
    I've been able to strike off a couple of my goals for the year. Obtained my first signed King book from Betts Books (signed Insomnia gift edition) and purchased a F/F The Ideal Genuine Man from Philtrum (couldn't afford others just yet) and picked up some gift editions.

Citizen of Gilead jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske is just really nice jcmanske's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

- First signed King book

Non-SK collecting goals
    I've been able to strike off a couple of my goals for the year. Obtained my first signed King book from Betts Books (signed Insomnia gift edition) and purchased a F/F The Ideal Genuine Man from Philtrum (couldn't afford others just yet) and picked up some gift editions.
    Congratulations, Zidan. Getting your first signed King book is awesome, but a dangerous slippery slope. So happy for you!

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

A little late to this party but still plenty of time left in the year to do some damage to my checking account.

1. NF/NF 1st/1st of Carrie and The Shining
    2. VG/VG 2nd state Salem’s Lot
    3. Three S/L’s
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Gunslinger Apprentice Zidan will become famous soon enough Zidan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jcmanske View Post

- First signed King book

Non-SK collecting goals
    Congratulations, Zidan. Getting your first signed King book is awesome, but a dangerous slippery slope. So happy for you!
    Thank you! It really was a surreal feeling to see the signature in the book. And you're right, it is a slippery slope. I'm already thinking about the next one...

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

My goals are to keep moving forward in acquiring Fine edition SK books. Goals include:

1) F/F Signed UK Carrie
    2) Fine set of the numbered The Plant
    3) Fine copy of Sie
    4) F/F US Different Seasons
    5) F/F/F Folio Society The Shining
    6) Fine slipcase for Nebel
    7) Fine slipcase for Duddits
    8) 'Salem's Lot Black Roman Numeral edition
    9) Many F/F signed UK 1st editions

Getting even a couple of the above will be an accomplishment.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast