Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Collecting Goals

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Green Mile S/L
    One of the Firestarter S/L's Im missing (5th,7th, or 8th)
    Dolans Cadillac (of 250)
    Dolans Cadillac (of 1000)
    Danse Macabre S/L
    Secretary of Dreams 1+2 S/L
    Carrie UK 1st
    Salems UK 1st
    Bachman pbs UK 1sts
    Any cool inscriptions that are above Antoni's allotment of 2 ..I'll be waiting to swoop in

2017 was a good year. This list was a bit longer just recently

Green Mile S/L
    Dolans Cadillac (of 250)
    Danse Macabre S/L
    Carrie UK 1st
    Salems UK 1st
    Bachman pbs UK 1sts
    Any cool inscriptions that are above Antoni's allotment of 2 ..I'll be waiting to swoop in

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Holy shit - looks like you're having a great year so far!

I think the Carrie UK first has one of the best jackets of all his works - good luck on that one

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    Holy shit - looks like you're having a great year so far!

I think the Carrie UK first has one of the best jackets of all his works - good luck on that one
    Im gonna need it hahaha. Damn unicorn buried under Atlantis that it is

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Moving these from last year. I'm sure some will keep moving - haha!

1. Lettered Regulators
    2. Gunslinger S/L PC
    3. Any US or UK 1st Richard Bachman PBs
    4. Any new signed and/or limited King titles
    Well, can I retroactively add #5 - win the TDT Grand Prize!
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

1. Lettered Regulators
    2. Gunslinger S/L PC
    I don't think any other book this year is going to beat yours! Or any other book for many years, if ever...

Not only is it an inscribed lettered, which I've never ever seen before, it's an inscribed lettered with a long inscription that's perfectly related to the book, and of which no other versions are signed, let alone inscribed.

And the book itself is a masterpiece, far beyond the production values of most other lettered editions out there. CD 25th anniversary IT lettered doesn't hold a candle to it. PS lettereds - pshaw!

No offense intended, those are beautiful books, but:

I would venture to say that it may be the ultimate King collectible... probably on par with lettered Regulators, deluxe Salem's Lot, asbestos Firestarter, and maybe even 1/1 Salem's Lot... I don't think you could have chosen a finer book or a better inscription.

In fact I almost can't believe that you didn't conspire with RF

How many kidneys do you have (left)?

Do you have a firstborn...? Or did you...?

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post

1. Lettered Regulators
    2. Gunslinger S/L PC
    I don't think any other book this year is going to beat yours! Or any other book for many years, if ever...

Not only is it an inscribed lettered, which I've never ever seen before, it's an inscribed lettered with a long inscription that's perfectly related to the book, and of which no other versions are signed, let alone inscribed.

And the book itself is a masterpiece, far beyond the production values of most other lettered editions out there. CD 25th anniversary IT lettered doesn't hold a candle to it. PS lettereds - pshaw!

No offense intended, those are beautiful books, but:

I would venture to say that it may be the ultimate King collectible... probably on par with lettered Regulators, deluxe Salem's Lot, asbestos Firestarter, and maybe even 1/1 Salem's Lot... I don't think you could have chosen a finer book or a better inscription.

In fact I almost can't believe that you didn't conspire with RF

How many kidneys do you have (left)?

Do you have a firstborn...? Or did you...?
    Haha. Somehow I still have both kidneys and a grumpy 17 yr old.

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by andyg75 View Post
    2018 Collecting Goals:

Gwendy's S/L Lonely Road
    The Plant S/L 1/200 (not vital, only if a set comes up and I have any money left &#128512
    Eyes of the Dragon Philtrum Red Numbered S/L 1/250
    The Stand CD Artist and Remarqued Gift Edition
    The Shining Folio Society S/L 1/110
    Full Dark, No Stars BCE S/L 1/100
    Desperation S/L 1/300 bookplate
    Nightmares & Dreamscapes UK 1/1 (£15.99 dj price)
    The Outsider UK 1/1
    The Outsider US 1/1
    I didn't realise what a good year I've had so far!!!
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Well, my list was both too ambitious, and not ambitious enough:

My realistic list for 2018:
    - Sleeping Beauties S/L (already ordered)
    - Hoping for an Outsider S/L (US or UK) (Not happening?)
    - One other affordable King S/L (see below)
    - Affordable (read: dinged up) copy of Gunslinger 1984 edition
    - (added) Rose Madder Hodder S/L
    - (added) Insomnia Hodder S/L

Aspirational:
    - Gunslinger S/L
    - TWTTK S/L
    - A nicer copy of NEL The Long Walk 1st
    - IT "Special Collector's Edition" NEL PB

Acquired in 2018:
    - Night Visions 5 S/L
    - Wizard and Glass Hodder S/L
    - Bag of Bones Hodder S/L
    - Under the Dome Hodder S/L
    - Doctor Sleep Hodder S/L
    - Green Mile SubPress Trade Edition set
    - Desperation/Regulators Hodder S/L
    - TWTTK Hodder S/L
    - Misery Suntup S/L

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Hi Hunchback Jack, I could perhaps help with the IT Special Collector's Edition. I tried to send a PM just now but your inbox seems to be full. Let me know if you'd be interested!

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

A few more crossed off:

My realistic list for 2018:
    - Sleeping Beauties S/L (already ordered)
    - Hoping for an Outsider S/L (US or UK) (Not happening?)
    - One other affordable King S/L (see below)
    - Affordable (read: dinged up) copy of Gunslinger 1984 edition
    - (added) Rose Madder Hodder S/L
    - (added) Insomnia Hodder S/L

Aspirational:
    - Gunslinger S/L
    - TWTTK S/L
    - A nicer copy of NEL The Long Walk 1st

Acquired in 2018:
    - Night Visions 5 S/L
    - Wizard and Glass Hodder S/L
    - Bag of Bones Hodder S/L
    - Under the Dome Hodder S/L
    - Doctor Sleep Hodder S/L
    - Green Mile SubPress Trade Edition set
    - Desperation/Regulators Hodder S/L
    - TWTTK Hodder S/L
    - Misery Suntup S/L

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

I did not have a goal but this is what I have acquired so far
    End of Watch Flat signed
    Finders Keepers Flat signed
    Buick 8 Flat signed proof
    WTTKH S\L #238
    Mr. Mercedes- Flat signed
    The Shining S\L
    Christine S\L
    Wizard and Glass UK version
    Black house S\L
    Bag of Bones proof (gift)
    Hearts in Atlantis (gift)
    Wolves of the Calla Proof (gift)
    From a Buick 8 Proof (gift)
    Four past midnight Proof gift)
    IT S\L
    Desperation S\L
    Misery GE
    Plus one for sure and another maybe. So not a bad year so far.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Time for an update:

* The long walk UK 1st
    * The running man UK 1st
    * The Plant #3 unsigned
    * The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon Proof with Letter by King.
    * The Gunslinger 1st Grant
    * The Outsider US Proof
    * The Outsider UK Proof

* The Outsider S/L if produced
    * The four S/L I'm missing from Robert McCammon (Baal Deluxe, Swan Song Dark Harvest, The Five and Speaks The Nightbird)

* At least 1 of the 21 1st fiction appearances' magazines/newspapers I'm missing: this one will be really tough, since the ones I'm missing are the most expensive ones with the exception of two I've been completely unable to find: Overlook Connection #15 - Winter 1991 and Know your world extra (The weekly reader corporation) Vol 39, n 2, 23_sept_2005 (I do have the other magazine that included this).

* At least 5 of the 9 1st fiction appearances' books I'm missing. - I got none

* At least 2 of the 23 promo items I'm after. -> Now I'm after 24 items

* At least 2 more 1st edition books signed by King of the 47 I'm missing. - I got none

* At least 2 S/L KING books of the 12 I'm missing. - I got 1

* At least 1 S/L non-King book that has his signature out of the 31 I'm missing. - I got none

* At least 1 of the three annuary books I'm missing. - I got none

* At least 1 of the two Kingdom Hospital Scripts written by King I'm missing. - I got none

* At least 15 of the 131 magazines I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece. - I got 6 so far.

* At least 5 of the 35 books I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece. - I got 4

* At least 2 of the 172 newspapers I'm missing that include an original non-fiction piece. - I got 6.

* The only Spanish edition I'm missing. -> I discovered I was missing another one but I got it, so I'm still after 1.

I built two previous grail lists and completed both, so I built a new one. I'm pretty positive it'll take me a lot of time to get these but these are not current objectives:

* The Regulators - Lettered edition
    * Stories of Suspense
    * One copy of The Maine campus with a S. King piece on it.

To sumarize: this hasn't been a good year.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For the rest of the year? If I got a PS Carrie letter and a Dystopia Letter i would be thrilled!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Green Mile S/L
    Dolans Cadillac (of 250)
    Danse Macabre S/L
    Carrie UK 1st
    Salems UK 1st
    Bachman pbs UK 1sts

Green Mile S/L
    Dolans Cadillac (of 250)
    Danse Macabre S/L
    Carrie UK 1st
    Salems UK 1st
    Bachman pbs UK 1sts
    Updated

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Green Mile S/L
    Dolans Cadillac (of 250)
    Danse Macabre S/L
    Carrie UK 1st
    Salems UK 1st
    Bachman pbs UK 1sts

Green Mile S/L
    Dolans Cadillac (of 250)
    Danse Macabre S/L
    Carrie UK 1st
    Salems UK 1st
    Bachman pbs UK 1sts
    Updated
    Smashed it!!! 👏👏👏
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Country
    Country Flag

1. Lettered Regulators
    2. Gunslinger S/L PC
    I will be checking off the big 1!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Nice Becca, Nice.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    "Lettered" PC of Colorado Kid. Miller version.
    Attend a King event.
    Signed "The Outsider".
    Lettered Gwendy's Button Box
    Lettered Sleeping Beauties
    Lettered The Outsider-----------N/A
    Whelan Art from Knowing Darkness

Looks like I have some carry over for 2019

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Highlights of my collecting this year were completing my SL set of The Plant with a lettered copy of Part 3 and getting a beautiful copy of one of the King issues of Ubris. Also i picked up unexpectedly a mint SL Gunslinger for only $2600 proving that deals can still be had. Rounded things out with signed first editions of The Tommyknockers (dated in year of pub) and Nightmares and Dreamscapes. Finally, i was lucky enough to get a manuscript copy of Elevation in April (was told one of 25 but no idea if true). Finally (last one), got a proof copy of IT and ordered lots of Pennywise statues - is awesome to see some quality King collectibles coming out from innovative companies like Tweeterhead.

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very impressive, congrats. Elevation MS, oh lordy!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    I exceeded my 2017 goals, lets see if I can meet 2018:
    1. Acquire all missing CD limited editions
      • From a Buick 8 Gift Edition
      • From a Buick 8 Numbered edition -Done
      • From a Buick 8 Lettered Edition
      • The Dark Man Lettered edition
      • Blockade Billy Limited edition - Done
      • Blockade Bill Lettered edition
      • IT Lettered -Done!
    2. Acquire all newly published edition -Failed to get Missery Lettered, otherwise successful
    3. Acquire all US gift editions - Still 3 or so to go
    4. Upgrade a few 1/1 editions (The Stand Uncut, Wolves of the Calla for starters) -Done I think.

Stretch goal: Matching set of Dark Tower - DONE!

Updates in bold above
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    1. Unsigned 1st edition of The Outsider
    2. Signed 1st edition of The Outsider
    3. S/L of The Outsider (if made)
    4. G/E of The Outsider (if made)
    5. Signed 1st edition paperback of The Storm of the Century
    6. Signed 1st edition of Thinner
    7. Signed 1st edition of IT
    8. Find the missing volume in my DT SL set
    Wow.....bad year for me in terms of meeting my goals.....

I got #1 and #2....#3 and #4 were not an option....and #5 - #8 will roll to 2019.
    Last edited by tippy4; 05-28-2019 at 01:40 PM.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Country
    Country Flag

1. Lettered Regulators
    2. Gunslinger S/L PC
    I checked off the big 1!

Citizen of Gilead OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom is a glorious beacon of light OneFathom's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Unsigned 1st edition of The Outsider
    1. Signed 1st edition of The Outsider
    2. S/L of The Outsider (if made)
    3. G/E of The Outsider (if made)
    4. Signed 1st edition paperback of The Storm of the Century
    5. Signed 1st edition of Thinner
    6. Signed 1st edition of IT
    7. Find the missing volume in my DT SL set
    Wow.....bad year for me in terms of meeting my goals.....

I got #1....#2 and #3 were not an option....and #4 - #7 will roll to 2019.
    @Tippy: What DT title and # are you looking for?

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    A little late to this party but still plenty of time left in the year to do some damage to my checking account.

1. NF/NF 1st/1st of Carrie and The Shining
    2. VG/VG 2nd state Salem’s Lot
    3. Three S/L’s
    Fuck me. I hit NONE of these goals! None!
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast