Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0 0%
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Zombie plans

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ikilledthecrimsonking View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    There is a chemical, I cannot recall what it's called, but it ignites upon contact with water. You talk about your ultimate weapon. I'm talking From Dusk Till Dawn, use super soakers and water balloons then squirt them with some chemical and watch them burn.
    its magnesium hydride its hard to get a hold of unless we rob a science class
    There are actually other exothermic chemicals that have such a reaction with water. Any pure alkali metal should react this way and the further one goes down the column of alkali metals the more volatile the reaction should be. Oh, and these aren't so hard to get either.

but we could use home made napalm
    dont worry i know about 5 diffrent ways to make some we would just have to rob a post office
    There are many ways to make a mixture that has a napalm like reaction. For that matter Napalm itself isn't that difficult. I am pretty good with chemicals.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Gunslinger Apprentice Ikilledthecrimsonking is on a distinguished road Ikilledthecrimsonking's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

cool i didnt know you were a chemistry buff to
    MACAIN FOR PRESIDENT

DONT VOTE HILARY

(SHES THE ANTICHRIST)

Gunslinger Apprentice Ikilledthecrimsonking is on a distinguished road Ikilledthecrimsonking's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's where I seen it lol, in science. My friends wanted to steal it and throw it in my pool. Could you imagine place that stuff all around a building and when it rains you've got a protective shield.
    but if we had a lot of francium just through a 1lb. ball of it into a a very large group of WET zombies we would be set
    MACAIN FOR PRESIDENT

DONT VOTE HILARY

(SHES THE ANTICHRIST)

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, what's that poll above? Do you see anything in it? Is it alive?

Roland would have understood.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I had a poll asking people if they were scared of, inspired, entertained, etc.,. by zombies and someone merged this with another zombie thread and killed my poll.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Now the poll is undead.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

*LOL*

I dig that...

Country
    Country Flag

pretty funny
    MACAIN FOR PRESIDENT

DONT VOTE HILARY

(SHES THE ANTICHRIST)

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I was explaining my stick idea to friends. It was a mixed reaction but demonstrating it helped. I have a 5 ft. stick that's pretty thick with some good weight to it. I want to by some daggers (so i can swipe zombies with the blade) that have flat, metal handles about half a foot long. I would bolt these blades to both ends of the stick, increasing it's total length to close to seven ft.

Zombies would be grabbing at you to bit you. Simply I pushing a stick (almot seven feet wide of coverage I can hold them back while taking quick swipes at them with the blade. Taking out zombies from all around would be easy. Squating and spinning the stick around head level can result in some serious decapitations.

With a semi-automatic rifle for long range and the stick for close hand defense I think you'd have a good chance at survival, especially if you have a posse.

Country
    Country Flag

one flaw i found in your plan is that if you think of killing large amounts of zombies with your bo staff with daggers at the end is that you wouldnt have the endurance to kill them all after (i dont know what type of physical condition your in so please dont get mad) half an hour or so (presuming your still alive or still human) you would most likley be very tired and there would maybe or maybe not be more zombies to kill forcing you to keep fighting or to run but being tired you may not be able to fight/run that effectivly

if i was going on a large group zombie killing spree with a meele weapon i would go with not a lengthy close range weapon but with effectiveness, maybe a chainsaw they do have a shorter range but you can ensure after hitting a zombie in the head the would 100% be down for good
    MACAIN FOR PRESIDENT

DONT VOTE HILARY

(SHES THE ANTICHRIST)

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

one flaw i found in your plan is that if you think of killing large amounts of zombies with your bo staff with daggers at the end is that you wouldnt have the endurance to kill them all after (i dont know what type of physical condition your in so please dont get mad) half an hour or so (presuming your still alive or still human) you would most likley be very tired and there would maybe or maybe not be more zombies to kill forcing you to keep fighting or to run but being tired you may not be able to fight/run that effectivly
    Not as tired as running around holding a handgun with an empty clip.

if i was going on a large group zombie killing spree with a meele weapon i would go with not a lengthy close range weapon but with effectiveness, maybe a chainsaw they do have a shorter range but you can ensure after hitting a zombie in the head the would 100% be down for good
    Chainsaws require gas. Hard to chainsaw more than a zombie or two at the time, much great risk of self injury. Swinging a chainsaw would result in loss of balance leaving yourself more prone to attack from the sides or back. Not to mention, if the virus (if there is one) can go through the blood a la 28 Days Later, a weapon that shoots blood every possible direction isn't very handy.

Country
    Country Flag

for one i wouldn't be running around with just a handgun if i was even running around, i would carry at least 2 hand guns on me at all times plus some sort of automatic riffle/SMG/shotgun also i would most likly find my self on top of a building with some homemade Napom Grenades (id also carry at least 1 napom grenade so that if i get bit in a croud of zombie)

Chainsaws require gas. Hard to chainsaw more than a zombie or two at the time, much great risk of self injury. Swinging a chainsaw would result in loss of balance leaving yourself more prone to attack from the sides or back. Not to mention, if the virus (if there is one) can go through the blood a la 28 Days Later, a weapon that shoots blood every possible direction isn't very handy.

very true you would most likly loose your balence if you would spin around with a chainsaw, seeming that there really is no great choice for a meele weapon just who would be likes what better, you may want to go with agility with a bostaff, while i would go with power like a chainsaw or sledge hammer.
    MACAIN FOR PRESIDENT

DONT VOTE HILARY

(SHES THE ANTICHRIST)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

improvised explosives
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Demon of the Prim Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha has a spectacular aura about Yaksha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

hey this looks real familar like a thread i started on Dt.net. must have liked it alot.

okay my plan is simple. pawn shop for guns and ammo. then wal-mart for supplies/ then reinforce and hold out before heading north
    If you love me then love me..

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

check, dont foget the cookies!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

for one i wouldn't be running around with just a handgun if i was even running around, i would carry at least 2 hand guns on me at all times plus some sort of automatic riffle/SMG/shotgun also i would most likly find my self on top of a building with some homemade Napom Grenades (id also carry at least 1 napom grenade so that if i get bit in a croud of zombie)
    If you happen to own weapons like this, have the ability to carry them and ammo at all times while able to still make tracks if needed and defend yourself close range then that arsenal would be perfect. But if there is one thing I've learned in a zombie holocaust is that guns run out of ammo, they weigh a lot and are high matainence and make running more difficult.

I'd keep myself two handguns, one accessable in waist or holster, one in some kind of side bag. One would most likely be standard, something firing standard nine mm parrabellum rounds, semi-automatic, hopefully with a 15 clip. If possible I'd carry a much more powerful handgun for those sticky situations with a 7 foot zombie. On my back would be a high power, bolt action rifle accurate and powerful enough to conserve bullets when I have the time to aim.

Living in Canada we don't have guns lying all over the place and with Britain's and gun control it's no wonder they stood no chance against the infected. I'd have to rely on cunning, ability to make tracks, find safehouses and use melee and home made weapons.

very true you would most likly loose your balence if you would spin around with a chainsaw, seeming that there really is no great choice for a meele weapon just who would be likes what better, you may want to go with agility with a bostaff, while i would go with power like a chainsaw or sledge hammer.
    My love for the raw and grit of zombies is what fueled my novel. Since they are living people who are just sick and really, no stronger than those not infected, they are incredibly human and weak. One of my characters actually fills a large sack with kitchen knives, forks, solid, heavy glasses...anything that can be thrown and inflict damage or crack a skull.

Since in real life I can't possibly ever see actual living dead but a mutated strain of rabies like mine, or rage or some weird virus or plague I could see and often think more along the lines of that. I think against the living dead it doesn't matter what you do lol.

Country
    Country Flag

i didnt know that you wrote a novel about zombies who im i for saying what to use your a master on the subject

whats your book called i would love to read it!
    MACAIN FOR PRESIDENT

DONT VOTE HILARY

(SHES THE ANTICHRIST)

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

It's called Rabid Euphoria. I've completed about 330 pages but haven't gotten around to finishing it. It's been untouched for about three months now. Tells the story of a drunk and two junkies who fight for survival in a zombie-esque outbreak in a small (fictional) city in Northern Ontario.

The outbreak's origin is unknown but it's a strain of the rabies virus that has mutated and become incredibly volatile to humans. Virus is passed through the saliva so bites still work. Depending on where you're bit and how bad it can take anywhere from a matter of moments to hours until symptoms begin to show. Much like normal rabies, chances of surivial are essentially zero when symptoms start. Those infected are highly aggressive and primal with little ability to reason. The infected suffer from intense hallucinations making them lose touch with reality. Eventually their body begins to lock up, their muscles seize and they shake, have fits and seizures until they die usually within a day or two of symptoms showing. My Rabid will attack animals and even each other, there is no distinction for them.

I wrote a scene in which a character has been bitten but I don't tell the reader. The scene is written first from an outside view and then it shows how he thinks and what he sees as the transformation happens and what fuels the rabid.

It's been a constant challenge to take a motif such as a zombie and make it original while avoiding cliche situations, characters and events. I think the fact my Rabid become increasingly weak and they are not invincible makes a huge difference. I don't think it takes away the horror of it all as I feel it's much more down to earth. Rabies is a virus everyone knows exists and I think makes the entire event hit closer to home.

My biggest problem with zombie works is that there isn't enough kid zombies. Another, is where are the big zombies? Too many zombies look the same. Where are the seven foot tall, 300 plus pound zombies? Zombies that would be almost unstoppable? We need more of those zombies. Heck, toss a midget zombie in there somewhere as well.

http://www.fictionpress.com/secure/l...toryid=2387079

That's an older version, not edited and I think it goes about a third or half of what I've written. I hate getting people to read it because the first 60 pages need a lot of work (wrote them over a year before the rest) and many of my ideas didn't make it through to the plot and some of it was just poorly concieved. My favourite stuff is after the first night and the entire next day. It moves so quickly and is very unpredictable with a lot of surprises and thrills. You could probably read that stuff with being lost...tell me if you'd like to and I'll hook you up with it.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

My friend who read World War Z told me they use a similar idea to my stick w/ daggers on the ends in the book. Makes me feel proud.

My Mood
    Worried

I still have to read that but I'm finally getting to finish the zombie survival guide since Raron FINALLY found it and gave it back to me.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've no interest in the zombie survival guide lol. Between all my movies, beating the resident evil games no problem dozens of times and the books along with my wicked skills with a bowstaff I've got my guide here.

btw, I'm tapping my head.

My Mood
    Worried

LOL

I have tons of zombie books and mostly they're lessons in what not to do... I guess what I need to do to survive is to be experimented on by an unfit company and become their killing machine like Alice...

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The resident Evil movies went downhill from the moment they concieved maknig them The first movie was decent...

My Mood
    Worried

So what do you think about 28 days later?

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Default Zombie Apocalypse...

what do you do

my family and school has emergency protocols in case af an assault from the undead

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast