Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Song lyrics that mention Stephen King or his works

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Song lyrics that mention Stephen King or his works

In honour of RF's recuperating request. I thought I'd start a new thread.

Post any song you have heard that contains a reference to Stephen King or one of his books. Note it HAS to be an actual reference to a King book, for example, songs that just have "Carrie" or "Christine" in the title will be declared null and void.

List the Artist, the track name and the lyric that contains the reference. I'll start the ball rolling with a few:

Artist: Eminem
    Track: Lose Yourself
    Lyric: "Mom, I love you, but this trailer has got to go, I cannot grow old in Salem's lot
    "

Artist: Gravediggaz
    Track: Bang Your Head
    Lyric: "I build a house on top, of Salem's Lot
    Front porch, bloody, back yard, muddy
    Like Amityville, a family kills"

Artist: Bette Middler
    Track: Laughing Matters
    Lyric: "And justice goes to those who pay
    Friend, these aren't laughing matters
    The truth is scarier by far
    Than anything that Stephen King could write"

Artist: The Mr. T Experience
    Track: Shining
    Lyric: "Like a blinding brilliant thing
    Like a turned on electric ring
    Like a novel by Stephen King she's shining"

Artist: Kanye West
    Track: Robocop
    Lyric: "Bout the baddest girl I ever seen
    Straight up outta movie scene
    Who knew she was a drama queen
    That'll turn my life to Stephen King's"

Artist: Dr. Dooom
    Track: Body Bag
    Lyric: "My intention was to get even like Spielberg
    Throw like Stephen King, Children of the Corn on a swing"

Artist: Fugees
    Track: Nappy Heads
    Lyric: "In all your dreams I write the horror flick of Stephen King."

Artist: Ramones
    Track: Pet Sematary
    Lyric: "I don't want to be buried in a Pet Sematary"
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

The Stand by The Alarm

LYRICS

Come on down and meet your maker
    Come on down and make the stand
    Oh, I have been out searching with the black book in my hand
    And I've looked between the lines that lie on the pages that I tread
    I met the walking dude, religious, in his worn-down cowboy boots
    He walked liked no man on earth
    I swear he had no name (had no name)
    I swear he had no name
    Come on down and meet your maker
    Come on down, come on down
    As I crawled beneath the searchlights
    Looking through the floorboards of this life
    I met Doctor Strangelove's cousin, he bore the marks of time
    "Hey! Trashcan where you going boy?
    Your eyes are feet apart
    Is that the end you're carrying Shall I play the funeral march" (play the march)
    "Play the funeral march"

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow that’s a hard one. Haha I got nothing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

just posted this on Facebook... then saw this thread title...

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I like to move it (move it) ;

Gunslinger Apprentice somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about somekindofstranger has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Wasn't 'ride the lightning' by Metallica a direct SK reference?

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by somekindofstranger View Post
    Yes it was http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...tning-20140728

Where did the title Ride the Lightning come from?
    Kirk Hammett: I was reading The Stand by Stephen King, and there was this one passage where this guy was on death row said he was waiting to "ride the lightning." I remember thinking, "Wow, what a great song title." I told James, and it ended up being a song and the album title.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

The title of the album (and song) came from a passage in The Stand.

Kirk Hammett: I was reading The Stand by Stephen King, and there was this one passage where this guy was on death row said he was waiting to "ride the lightning." I remember thinking, "Wow, what a great song title." I told James, and it ended up being a song and the album title.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    The title of the album (and song) came from a passage in The Stand.

Looks like you found the same link I did

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Firestarter... prodigy
    Numero uno, y jazzy jeff and the fresh prince mention "crazy like cujo".
    Mark knophler in his song so far from the clyde mentions skeleton crew...
    And there is always this...https://youtu.be/FuU3HVcn4bI

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I like to move it (move it) ;
    read the 1st post again...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Firestarter... prodigy - Nope , doesn't count, see the rules.
    Numero uno, y jazzy jeff and the fresh prince mention "crazy like cujo".
    Mark knophler in his song so far from the clyde mentions skeleton crew... hmm not sure about this one, is it actually a King reference?
    And there is always this...https://youtu.be/FuU3HVcn4bI
    The other 2 seem ok.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A former choirmate is a DT junkie, and he recently recorded this with the band he has been singing with for the past several years. Not MY taste of music perhaps, but hope you enjoy!

https://youtu.be/hZQzvFH0Amc

Here is the same thing as a video for the band.

https://youtu.be/XIky4SuTeos

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    A former choirmate is a DT junkie, and he recently recorded this with the band he has been singing with for the past several years. Not MY taste of music perhaps, but hope you enjoy!

https://youtu.be/hZQzvFH0Amc

Here is the same thing as a video for the band.

https://youtu.be/XIky4SuTeos
    I quite like that.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Pretty cool. I like the guitar and bass.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, for the kind words for them. I'll share the comments with the singer and band.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gunslinger Apprentice JasonUK is on a distinguished road

Artist: Force of Evil
    Track: Disciples of the King
    Lyric: "Creator of the Dead Zone
    Turn our minds into stone
    Grandfather of Misery
    He's the storm of the century
    Tales from Castle Rock
    Brings the nation in chock
    From the flames of Carrie's hate