Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rick and M-m-morty!

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Rick and M-m-morty!

First of all, I apologize if there is a thread about this show already. It's massively popular so I was shocked not to find anything, but I did read through the first couple of pages and didn't turn anything up so I figured I was safe to start a thread.

And secondly, yes, I know what a lot of you are thinking. For those folks who haven't seen the show, I'm sure you figure it's nothing more than a *cartoon* and from what some of us have undoubtedly seen from the insane fandom, you've probably either determined it's highly overrated or something you're not interested it.

I totally get it.

But...

It's a great show. It's smartly written, and from one season to the next, it's probably the most consistent story I have seen on TV over the past few years. I know, that's goofy considering it is a cartoon, but trust me, I have seen enough bad TV to know that Rick and Morty is nothing of the sort. It's eccentric and the language can be foul (it's certainly not a kid's show but they bleep any R-rated words) but the plot is very interesting and depending on how deep you look, there is a TON going on beneath the surface. It's also very scifi and there are a ton of throw backs to other things.

For example: there are direct tie ins to Stephen King on the show. In fact, in the first season there are episodes called "Lawnmower Dog" and "Something Ricked this way Comes" which is based ENTIRELY off of Needful Things.

Anyway! That's my pitch for those who haven't seen the show and have considered giving it a shot. The first two seasons are on Hulu and they just finished up the third season so hopefully it'll become available soon.

For those of you who HAVE seen it, I'm interested in any of your theories about the show!

Mr Needful!

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Excuse me, I'm a bit of stickler Meeseeks, what about your short-game?

Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Gunslinger Apprentice Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi has a spectacular aura about Andi's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Mr Meeseeks is one of my favorites. Because, you know, how couldn't he be?? Existence is pain to a Meeseeks!

"We're way past that, Jerry!"

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Andi, I applaud you for starting this thread. I got into Rick & Morty this year and I was looking around the forum to see if somebody had started a thread already. When I didn't see one I decided not to. My main reason is that I've had a lot of conversations with people recently about the show. I didn't realize how many people loathe the show so much. I just figured it has its niche following, which doesn't include people on this site. I'm glad I was wrong.

Get schwifty!
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Andi, I applaud you for starting this thread. I got into Rick & Morty this year and I was looking around the forum to see if somebody had started a thread already. When I didn't see one I decided not to. My main reason is that I've had a lot of conversations with people recently about the show. I didn't realize how many people loathe the show so much. I just figured it has its niche following, which doesn't include people on this site. I'm glad I was wrong.

Get schwifty!
    I suppose Rick and Morty might be an acquired taste. I know I thought that Rick's burping all the time was annoying the first show and I figured they would either phase it out or the show would get cancelled or something. Now I find that I actually kind of like it. There's something endearing about sticking with a joke so long that it actually becomes funny. But you know me, I'm Reverse Giraffe.

Looking for:

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

Get schwifty!
    Head bent over....raise the posterior!

I think the reason a lot of folks loathe the show is because the fan base can be....toxic. It's full of raging douche bags who think they are intellectually superior to others because they *get* the show, where as the rest of us three dimensional monkey ass dummies couldn't possibly understand it's complexities. That's why I avoid talking about it in some places....like the internetz, because people are just gross.

I actually refused to watch it for so long because my one buddy kept telling me about how fantastic it was and how much better it is than anything else on TV. And his taste when it comes to such things has really disappointed in the past. So I resisted. And then they took The League off Netflix and that was my go to for background noise/time waster. SO, I was forced to find another comedy that was easily accessible and finally gave R&M a shot. And now I love it.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you guys have any theories about the show? Or buy into any of the popular fan theories out there? I know Evil Morty is a hot top of conversation.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Andi View Post
    Do you guys have any theories about the show? Or buy into any of the popular fan theories out there? I know Evil Morty is a hot top of conversation.
    I never really thought about it, but if I had to guess, when the series reaches its finale, at the last second the whole purpose will end up being the szechuan sauce, in order to bring that joke full circle.
    Looking for:

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    I never really thought about it, but if I had to guess, when the series reaches its finale, at the last second the whole purpose will end up being the szechuan sauce, in order to bring that joke full circle.
    I haven't thought about it much either and I never read fan theories. I do love the Evil Morty story thread. I guess one theory that I did hear is that Rick is actually Evil Morty. I can see something like that happening.

I actually heard about Rick & Morty for a few years before I even bothered to research what the hell it was. Finally I found out it was made by the creator of Community, which I loved, so I decided to give it a shot. It has my kind of humor, so I fell in love with it.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Love this show. Wish they would pump it out faster then they do but will take quality over quantity.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Love this show. Wish they would pump it out faster then they do but will take quality over quantity.
    Yeah, like you said, I'd love for them to make them faster, but not if the quality were to suffer. It does remind me of that great line from this season though.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Fucking love this show, man.

Pickle Rick and The Vindicators 3 are two of my favorite episodes.

Demon of the Prim wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr is just really nice wolfehr's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    You should check out the comics. They kind of read like episodes of the show. I’ve found my self laughing out loud more than once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the Mad Max Episode is my personal favorite. "I was a monster when you met me!!!!"

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Vindicators 3 when Vance died....dear gawd I laughed so hard.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Vindicators 3 when Vance died....dear gawd I laughed so hard.
    I like when Rick mocks Morty "Oh, wow! It's serious! Come on guys, suuuuuuper serious mission here." hahaha

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

My personal favorite is, "Who the fuck is Noob noob?"

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

One quote I use all the time because it really is clever (and kind of true) is, "Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets."

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

lol...it's actually very true. And every time he says that, I think of myself, and how nice I am (or try to be) to people. Party because I like seeing people smile, but partly because I'm not smart enough or sexy enough to get away with being an asshole to everyone.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

"Well, have fun with that, but Morty and I have to meet a Lady Comet, a Monorail Man, Two Assholes, and a Full Alligator in like an hour."

Hahaha, I love this line for some reason.
    Looking for:

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Rvvsw21PgIk

And the screaming sun planet just cracks me up! Hahaha, every sunrise scene in every movie would be infinitely better with the screaming sun.

Edit: hahahahahaa, for example, see below!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VxTQKxyJyxw
    Looking for:

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, seriously, what is up with the Corn Cob planet in that episode? Why does Rick freak the fuck out over that?! Anyone have any idea??

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, seriously, what is up with the Corn Cob planet in that episode? Why does Rick freak the fuck out over that?! Anyone have any idea??
    No idea, but it's pretty funny. Maybe because if you think about the 'everything-on-the-cob' idea too hard, it will blow your mind. How would water-on-the-cob work? How hard would it be to type on a keyboard-on-the-cob? Could you wear shoes-on-the-cob? The questions are endless...and potentially on-the-cob......which also blows the mind.
    Looking for:

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I had a dream last night that I was in a room with a few family members while a humongous television blasted cartoons in the background.

Every time I glanced from the television back to my family there would be a new addition. I'd purposely glance back and forth rapidly and sure enough, more and more members kept piling up inside the room.

Reminded me of that episode where those parasites kept embedding themselves into the family's memories lol.

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I love when Beth shoots Mr. Poopy Butthole. lol...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast