First of all, I apologize if there is a thread about this show already. It's massively popular so I was shocked not to find anything, but I did read through the first couple of pages and didn't turn anything up so I figured I was safe to start a thread.

And secondly, yes, I know what a lot of you are thinking. For those folks who haven't seen the show, I'm sure you figure it's nothing more than a *cartoon* and from what some of us have undoubtedly seen from the insane fandom, you've probably either determined it's highly overrated or something you're not interested it.

I totally get it.

But...

It's a great show. It's smartly written, and from one season to the next, it's probably the most consistent story I have seen on TV over the past few years. I know, that's goofy considering it is a cartoon, but trust me, I have seen enough bad TV to know that Rick and Morty is nothing of the sort. It's eccentric and the language can be foul (it's certainly not a kid's show but they bleep any R-rated words) but the plot is very interesting and depending on how deep you look, there is a TON going on beneath the surface. It's also very scifi and there are a ton of throw backs to other things.

For example: there are direct tie ins to Stephen King on the show. In fact, in the first season there are episodes called "Lawnmower Dog" and "Something Ricked this way Comes" which is based ENTIRELY off of Needful Things.

Anyway! That's my pitch for those who haven't seen the show and have considered giving it a shot. The first two seasons are on Hulu and they just finished up the third season so hopefully it'll become available soon.

For those of you who HAVE seen it, I'm interested in any of your theories about the show!

Mr Needful!