Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Full Disclosure: What is the most you ever spent (or would spend) on a King item?

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

IT S/L 25th Anniversary Edition (CD), altough I got it for a good price ($600).
    But next year The Stand coffin S/L will beat this one
    P2

the Return of CRAZY DOG! Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute Sir_Boomme has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I spent $16,000.00+ once...
    and over $7000.00 way too many times.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The most I've ever spent so far is the list price for the Sleeping Beauty and Gwendy's Botton Box S/L numbereds. Had a chance to buy the lettereds and probably should have But SK is not my main collection and that money gets me some other firsts and S/L that I would not be able to get otherwise (or at least that's how I justify it to myself...)

I found out about Suntup too late and was only able to get a numbered art portfolio. I would happily pay handsomely above list for the rebound editions, especially It, because they are just gorgeous books no matter who you collect. I'm on the wait list but who knows how far down and if I'll ever get a chance to get one... Maybe I'll make it in time for The Stand but maybe I'll just wander around for decades trying to find people willing to give them up. I'm assuming no one would part with their rebounds unless they were truly desperate...

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    The most I've ever spent so far is the list price for the Sleeping Beauty and Gwendy's Botton Box S/L numbereds. Had a chance to buy the lettereds and probably should have But SK is not my main collection and that money gets me some other firsts and S/L that I would not be able to get otherwise (or at least that's how I justify it to myself...)

I found out about Suntup too late and was only able to get a numbered art portfolio. I would happily pay handsomely above list for the rebound editions, especially It, because they are just gorgeous books no matter who you collect. I'm on the wait list but who knows how far down and if I'll ever get a chance to get one... Maybe I'll make it in time for The Stand but maybe I'll just wander around for decades trying to find people willing to give them up. I'm assuming no one would part with their rebounds unless they were truly desperate...
    I think you will need to be thinking waaaay above list. 2 copies of EOTD have already exchanged hands @ 3x the original price and 1 copy of Fire-starter was sold for 2 x original price. I would expect at least double issue as well for IT.

(Little) Supply and (Big) Demand...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post

I think you will need to be thinking waaaay above list. 2 copies of EOTD have already exchanged hands @ 3x the original price and 1 copy of Fire-starter was sold for 2 x original price. I would expect at least double issue as well for IT.

(Little) Supply and (Big) Demand...
    I totally agree. I know of a solid $3000 offer for IT from someone. I see it going as high as $4k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow - I didn't know that...! I was thinking 1.5x, maybe 2x...

I very much want a copy of It!! Good to know that 2x-3x is to be expected...

I can honestly say that I want it more than I want any other King book that I know about (which is a big caveat).

Since my collecting habit matured, I've wanted to get in at the beginning of a small, awesome press. I'm very sad that I missed Dragon Rebound! Not as sad as I am that I missed Centipede Press (by about a decade, so...).

And I barely missed the lettereds for Suntup Editions, about which I am cranky, but I secured my standard S/L number (#52) for the numbereds.

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Boomme View Post
    I spent $16,000.00+ once...
    and over $7000.00 way too many times.
    Terry,

If you spent $7K "way too many times" on SK items, I would guess that you made very good investments. I think I know what your $16K purchase (CC sale?) was and I think it's awesome!!! You've got some great and important items. And that doesn't even include your Gremlin!!

John

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I initially thought this was a great topic (and I still do) but then I thought it may be seen as a way "one-upping" another collector or that collector's financial status. Inadvertently as this may happen, as I stated before, I still think this is a cool thread. In my mind, it tells us how far we've gone to get that "must-have" SK item. This behavior usually expands subtlety and without much thought. I am very guilty of that. It feeds my "addiction" and I think it's a trait of all of us true collectors.

I had a super opportunity a few years ago to buy a 1st state 'Salem's Lot. I liquidated most of my proof collection and paid >$50K to buy that rarity. I'm pretty sure I know where the other 4 copies reside and I'm pretty sure 3 of them are not for sale. By the way, the copy that is available for sale right now is relatively cheap (probably because of condition) compared to a couple of others that have changed hands within the last couple of years.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3