Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Stay Tuned! - The upcoming TV show thread

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched Dark over break and wow, what a fantastic show. I loved it. I went in thinking it would be a crime thriller about missing kids but it had a significant twist early on that surprised me and shot out my expectations in a good way. It's been awhile since I've seen a show that challenges the viewer to think like this. Dark, great directing, cinematography, music, acting, great drama and great suspense. I'm already thinking about when I watch it again.

It's getting a lot of comparisons to Stranger Things (missing kids, 80s flashbacks), but I think I like it better. Dark is what Stranger Things would be after years of hard living.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Roseanne was one of the best sitcoms of the 90's. That being said, the final season was a complete trainwreck. I'm not quite sure what they were thinking. Roseanne wins the lottery then it's revealed she wrote the entire show as some writer under a different name, then it's revealed that she didn't win the lottery. Ugh

Either way, Dan really did die in the story, so I'm not really sure how they are explaining John Goodman's return. I'm fine with making believe the final season never existed.
    I think that's pretty much what they will do. The last season was all a dream or something like that. I've read before that the show was supposed to end one season sooner but the studio insisted on going for one more so Rosanne decided to just go wild and crazy for the last season.

I'm looking forward to the new season but I'm curious if they'll address the 4th kid Rosanne had in season 8. Haven't read anything about him. I remember they named him Jerry Garcia Conner.
    Yeah, I heard that too. I also remember hearing that they needed a way to make sure Goodman wasn't going to be on the show because he was off shooting The Big Lebowski.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I watched Dark over break and wow, what a fantastic show. I loved it. I went in thinking it would be a crime thriller about missing kids but it had a significant twist early on that surprised me and shot out my expectations in a good way. It's been awhile since I've seen a show that challenges the viewer to think like this. Dark, great directing, cinematography, music, acting, great drama and great suspense. I'm already thinking about when I watch it again.

It's getting a lot of comparisons to Stranger Things (missing kids, 80s flashbacks), but I think I like it better. Dark is what Stranger Things would be after years of hard living.
    I thought it was great, too. Challenging at times because I had a hard time matching up the characters at various ages, but altogether very well done.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I did too. I had the wiki character guide on my phone that I'd look at when I didn't remember or didn't know their younger selves or who they were related to. I think my one negative of the show would be that it introduced too many characters at once.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I did too. I had the wiki character guide on my phone that I'd look at when I didn't remember or didn't know their younger selves or who they were related to. I think my one negative of the show would be that it introduced too many characters at once.
    I think this was compounded by the fact that none of the actors were familiar to me, something to latch onto, plus shifting between watching and reading subtitles, although subs were far better than overdubs.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I think so too.

And I don't know if there's a setting for this, but each new episode would revert back to English dubbing, so I had to keep switching it back to German.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

SOA spinoff 'Mayans MC'

So apparently they are going forward with this sometime this summer or fall. I enjoyed the original SOA series but would've much rather Sutter went with a prequel series that focused on the first 9. I'll check this out when it airs but I don't know if I'll like it or not.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Absentia, starring Stana Katic of CASTLE -- Amazon Prime in February.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the John Wick franchise, so I'm interested in this one. I think there's a lot they can do. Keanu Reeves is a big part of what makes the John Wick franchise so good, so they need to do a good job of casting the main character.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/01/12/john-wic...tainmentweekly

Country
    Country Flag

Alan Ball's new HBO series is here:

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope Fahrenheit 451 is handled well.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I just added Absentia and The Terror to my Watch list. The Terror looks great.

Country
    Country Flag

What is Netflix doing to us??

Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Seriously. It's insane at the frequency at which they add quality content.

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Kelly Kapowski is back!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Kelly Kapowski is back!

Looks like a show that should be on the Disney channel.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Country
    Country Flag

I'm young at heart so I'll likely watch it, it looks pretty good, plus it has Kelly Kapowski! My crush from the early '90s How could I not?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast