View Poll Results: Please choose ONE

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Luke vs. Darth Vader - Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (1980)

12 46.15%
  • The Shower scene - Psycho (1960)

14 53.85%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Movie Scene Tournament: Semifinal - Group 2 of 2

Motion Picture Extraordinaire T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Best Movie Scene Tournament: Semifinal - Group 2 of 2

During the Semifinal of The Best Movie Scene Tournament, please vote for the one movie scene you would like to move onto the next round. Only the top movie scene will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given movie scene receives will determine its standing going forward.

IMPORTANT! Please do not simply vote on name recognition (or lack thereof) alone. Please do watch each nomination and then make your choice. Even if you think you know a movie scene well, it's still worth watching for a refresher.

Please remember that his tournament is for Best Scene, not Best Movie.
    It's important to therefore judge each nomination on its individual merits and NOT by the entire movie.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

IMPORTANT! There will be no more tiebreaker polls. In the event of a tie, the number of "stated votes" within the thread will determine the winner.

The nominees are:

Luke vs. Darth Vader - Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (1980) *** WARNING: MAJOR SPOILER ***

The Shower scene - Psycho (1960)

Donate to HF Mateys! becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have to go with Psycho.
    WANTED:

DT II: The Drawing of the Three S/L #644 FOUND 7/9/15!

MM AGoT, MM ACoK, SP ASoS #320 - GRRM - can trade

Motion Picture Extraordinaire T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47 has a brilliant future T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Luke vs Darth Vader - the most iconic moment in the entire Star Wars franchise!!

Pennywise fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh x2
    "Here, take it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm just nodding my head the whole time thinking "ok, stop now, please."

Losers Club Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19's Avatar

Psycho
    We all float down here

Goldmember webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Shower Scene for me
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Shower Scene for me
    Yeah, right. LOL!

Weedeater frik is a jewel in the rough frik is a jewel in the rough frik is a jewel in the rough frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

An impossible choice - still: Psycho!

sk

Breaker Jimimck has a brilliant future Jimimck has a brilliant future Jimimck has a brilliant future Jimimck has a brilliant future Jimimck has a brilliant future Jimimck has a brilliant future Jimimck has a brilliant future Jimimck has a brilliant future Jimimck has a brilliant future Jimimck has a brilliant future Jimimck has a brilliant future Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Country
    Country Flag

Empire all the way

Goldmember webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Shower Scene for me
    Yeah, right. LOL!
    Haahhahahaha
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Psycho vs. Jurassic Park, calling it.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Star Wars

My Collection:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy". The Outlaw Josey Wales

Holding myself to a Higher Standard!!! Retired!!!

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo has much to be proud of pablo's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The shower scene to win it all.

Losers Club Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19 is a splendid one to behold Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    The shower scene to win it all.
    Yes
    We all float down here

Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Shower Scene.

Guardian of the Beam jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp is a splendid one to behold jonp's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Luke, I am your father.

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG will become famous soon enough MLG will become famous soon enough MLG's Avatar

Easily the Psycho Shower Scene!

Breaker Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861 has much to be proud of Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How you can not vote for the best Star Wars movie ever made!? Definitely the Father/Son reunion.
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

Country
    Country Flag

I will be so mad if that stupid ass shower scene from the land before time gets through.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Shower Scene for me
    This is a fabrication and a joke on my part. lol
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Kurt Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave's Avatar

If the Star Wars scene doesn't make it, at least it will have lost to a formidable opponent.

"P.S. I can't believe you do that pen thing. Awesome. Just fucking awesome."
    ~Fernandito

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed and the following movie scene moves on:

The Shower scene - Psycho (1960) 53.85%

And the following is eliminated:

Luke vs. Darth Vader - Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (1980) 46.15%

Some doors cant be closed Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant is a splendid one to behold Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Whatever wins, I feel like this is the most comprehensive movie tournament we've ever done.

I honestly feel AFI should take all of our tournaments and post them on their website.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Whatever wins, I feel like this is the most comprehensive movie tournament we've ever done.

I honestly feel AFI should take all of our tournaments and post them on their website.
    agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Pennywise fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool

If you look up 'best movie scenes' lists on Google, there is a LOT of cross over between the scenes on there and the scenes that made it to the play off portion of our tournament.

I'm actually really happy with how this contest played out. Great job everyone.
    "Here, take it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm just nodding my head the whole time thinking "ok, stop now, please."

+ Reply to Thread