Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Can you name this movie???

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Default Can you name this movie???

I recall seeing a movie, and now that I go to look it up I realize I don't know what the hell it is - hopefully one of you will have seen this and will know what it is.

I'll tell you what I remember, but the caveat is that my memory has probably screwed at least some of this up. I'll try to stress the parts I think I'm sure of.

First, I saw the movie soon after July 2010 (it was pretty soon after my father passed away, so I remember it well). I believe it would've been within 3 months, but even allowing more time I would say it was highly unlikely to have been as late as 2011.

I remember it as starring Reese Witherspoon as a woman who had died (essentially, she was a ghost that was still hanging around here with the rest of us), and at the end of the movie, she could see heaven and talk to people there, because she was about to join them. When I say "she could see heaven," I mean to say it was visible in the movie as well, like a nearby garden, maybe yet somehow showing something to signify that an ordinary person couldn't just walk over, but it was very visible.

That's pretty much all I remember about the movie; now I'll add some analysis.

I looked up her movies on IMDB and found what I thought was the right one: Just Like Heaven. The only problem is, it turns out that in JLH,
    Spoiler:
    her character isn't actually dead.

So that explains why I can't find the only scene that I remember. Now, about that scene...I suppose it's possible that the movie I actually saw didn't star Reese, but had another actress and my memory just botched that up - it's possible. But I am largely certain about the nature of the final scene - it hit me hard because it was strongly reminiscent of something my father said he was seeing just before he passed away. Maybe I remember some of the visuals a bit wrong, but there was definitely a young female adult character about to go to heaven who was communicating with those already there (and if it turns out I have even this wrong, well then, hide the car keys from me).

Does anyone know what this might be?
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

My first thought was the scene in Little Nicky he goes to heaven and meets his mother (Reese Witherspoon) who is an angel.

It's not by chance that movie The Lovely Bones, is it? I don't see a whole lot of movies but happened to catch that on tv a while back and the scene you described is similar to that.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Definitely not TLB, but thanks.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

I vaguely remember watching JLH once. Looking at the wiki for it, it sounds like the right movie.

Spoiler:
    David and Elizabeth's spirits begin to bond, as much as that is possible, and he takes her out of town to a beautiful landscaped garden he designed. Elizabeth tells him she senses she has been there before, and in fact, the garden was something she was dreaming of in the opening scenes of the film, where she was awakened by a colleague from cat-napping after working a 26-hour shift in the hospital.

But the year isn't right. That movie came out in 2005.

The only other similar movies I can think of are Over Her Dead Body (2008 ) and Ghosts of Girlfriends Past (2009)
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure..."The Others?"

Could it have been Nichole Kidman?
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

FYI, I figured out what this was: A Little Bit Of Heaven, starring Kate Hudson (not Reese Witherspoon), and apparently released in 2012 (I botched the timeline).

Here's the scene I was thinking of: