Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Netflix's The Talisman from Speilberg and the Duffer Brothers

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Netflix's The Talisman from Speilberg and the Duffer Brothers

This is probably nothing but if you'll recall, there was talk over ten years ago (jeez) about Steven Spielberg adapting The Talisman for TV:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-tnt-do-145361
    Following last year's limited series "Into the West," TNT is getting into business with Steven Spielberg and DreamWorks Television again, this time to bring the Stephen King-Peter Straub novel "The Talisman" to the small screen.

TNT said Tuesday that it has greenlighted a six-hour limited-series adaptation of the novel, first published in 1984. "Talisman" centers on a boy who goes on a quest through this world and a parallel world known as the Territories, experiencing good and evil in each. His goal is to obtain a mysterious talisman that will save his dying mother's life as well as the life of her "twinner," the Queen of the Territories.

The project, set to premiere in summer 2008, will be executive produced by Spielberg and his frequent partner Kathleen Kennedy along with Ehren Kruger ("The Ring"), who will adapt the novel. Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey, who head DreamWorks Television, will co-executive produce.

Michael Wright, senior vp original programming at TNT and TBS, said the discussions about a second collaboration with Spielberg and DreamWorks started after the 12-hour "West" aired in summer 2005. Wright said that he, Spielberg, Frank and Falvey were talking about potential projects, and "a couple days later, Steven called back and said, 'What do you think of 'The Talisman'? Ironically, I had tried to pursue the project a few times before at other places, but it had never been available."

DreamWorks SKG previously had been developing "Talisman" as a feature film. Before that, the project was being developed as a miniseries at ABC.

Wright praised Spielberg and King, calling them "incredibly talented people who consistently create entertaining work that's very smart," which is in line with "what we aspire to do at Turner." He also said that "Talisman" is "truly one of Stephen King's best books."

"It's a fantastic adventure, it's scary, it's full of wonder," he said. "I can't stress enough that I'm so pleased to be working with these people (again). All of us had a really fantastic experience working together on 'Into the West' both creatively and in terms of the show's reception."

TNT has adapted two other King books: The four-hour "Salem's Lot," one of 2004's top-rated cable movies, and "Nightmares & Dreamscapes," an eight-part anthology series that aired this summer.

Spielberg's other longform TV credits include HBO's "Band of Brothers" and Sci Fi Channel's "Taken."
    Obviously, that didn't happen:

http://www.eonline.com/news/56164/sp...lisman-shelved
    Steven Spielberg's long-awaited TV adaptation of Stephen King's The Talisman is seemingly stuck in a dead zone.

The Oscar-winning director and TNT have postponed plans to turn the 1984 fantasy epic, which King cowrote with Peter Straub, into a six-hour miniseries airing next summer, the cable network confirmed Thursday.

"Production is on hold, but the project remains in development," a TNT rep told E! Online, declining to go into details.

After successfully collaborating on the highly rated, Emmy-winning 2005 western miniseries Into the West, TNT and DreamWorks Television announced in December plans to shoot The Talisman, with Spielberg reprising his supervisory role as executive producer.

The novel follows the surreal quest of Jack Sawyer, a 12-year-old boy who journeys from this world into a parallel one known as the Territories to retrieve a mysterious relic with magical properties that can save his dying mother.

DreamWorks did not comment on the delay Thursday. However, an insider with the company told the Hollywood Reporter that the decision was made primarily because of spiraling costs due to complex special effects. Producers realized they couldn't bring the ambitious project, based on a teleplay by Ehren Kruger (The Ring), in on its approved budget.

Spielberg has long been obsessed with The Talisman, having tried to set it up several times since he and longtime producer Kathleen Kennedy acquired the screen rights in 1984.

One of the first attempts came in the early '90s in the form of a feature film with a script by Richard LaGravenese (The Fisher King, The Bridges of Madison County).

When that failed to gain any traction, Spielberg and Kennedy sought to develop The Talisman as a four-hour miniseries with ABC. But the project was derailed after the Alphabet net got cold feet over a skyrocketing budget.

Then Universal and DreamWorks revived The Talisman as a feature, bringing in several notable Hollywood scribes to take a stab at it. At one point, writer-director Edward Zwick (Blood Diamond, The Last Samurai) was even attached.

The latest incarnation of Talisman came about after Spielberg pitched the project to TNT honcho Michael Wright, who greenlighted the endeavor based on the success of Into the West.

Meanwhile, Spielberg is wrapping up production on another long-awaited passion project—the newly christened Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, which is due in theaters May 22, 2008.
    Now, here I am, ten years or so later, just reading up on Spielberg's upcoming film The Post, and what do you know:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...ompany-1041313
    Michael Wright, Amblin Partners' top executive, is stepping down as CEO, the company announced Tuesday.

Steven Spielberg, who serves as chairman, will assume the CEO post.

Wright, who became DreamWorks CEO in September 2014, was later instrumental in establishing the overarching Amblin Partners, home of DreamWorks, and in forging Amblin’s distribution deal with Universal Pictures. His contract wasn't up until 2020 after being renewed in early 2016, according to sources.

A major mandate was to build and exploit the trio of labels that fall under Amblin Partners: Amblin, for family films; DreamWorks, for adult fare, such as this fall's Pentagon Papers drama The Post, directed by Spielberg; and Participant Media, for socially conscious movies. (Jeff Skoll's Participant is a major stakeholder in Amblin.)

Wright will become an executive producer on two of Amblin's upcoming films.

“I have always enjoyed working with Michael and the unique creative collaboration we’ve shared going back to his days at Turner Broadcasting," Spielberg said in a statement. "I am very pleased to continue our relationship and that he is joining our upcoming projects, The Talisman and The Wand, as an executive producer. I also want to express my gratitude to Michael for helping us launch our company and creating a strong foundation to build on in the future.”

An insider said there was a feeling that Wright wasn't the right fit, even though he was a huge Spielberg fan. He essentially became Spielberg's No. 2 after the departure of former DreamWorks co-chairman Stacey Snider, who is now chairman of 20th Century Fox Film.

During his tenure, Wright oversaw a slate that included The Girl on the Train and A Dog's Purpose and the recently announced The House With the Clock in Its Walls.

Jeff Small remains president and co-CEO, and, with Spielberg, will oversee the company's operations. Holly Bario, president of production, will continue to be responsible for the company's film development and production.

Darryl Frank and Justin Falvey continue in their posts as co-presidents of Amblin Television.

Before joining DreamWorks in 2014, Wright was president and head of programming for TBS, TNT and Turner Classic Movies. At Turner, he spearheaded brand-building for the three networks and led TNT and TBS to the top of the cable charts for 10 years in a row. During that time, Wright programmed some of the biggest hits on cable television, including The Closer, Southland and Falling Skies on TNT and Conan on TBS.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I would love to see an adaptation of The Talisman. With so many of King’s other works being made into movies and tv shows, The Talisman is easily among those who deserve to be told on screen. It could be epic.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I would love to see an adaptation of The Talisman. With so many of King’s other works being made into movies and tv shows, The Talisman is easily among those who deserve to be told on screen. It could be epic.
    Damm right it could be epic. Wow.. this is great news!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm surprised this is not getting more attention, but I do hope we hear more about it soon. Then again, maybe it's just nothing, like before.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I'm no longer a huge fan of the novel, but if they do this right, it could make for a nice little cable series.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I'm surprised this is not getting more attention, but I do hope we hear more about it soon. Then again, maybe it's just nothing, like before.
    Until the day they announce casting, I remain dubious about the prospects of this project. Amblin has had the rights for 33 years.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    Until the day they announce casting, I remain dubious about the prospects of this project. Amblin has had the rights for 33 years.
    Agreed, but Spielberg himself called The Talisman an upcoming project. When was the last time he mentioned it? Back when it failed to take off ten years ago? Maybe it's back on for good. King's brand is so hot right now!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I'm no longer a huge fan of the novel, but if they do this right, it could make for a nice little cable series.
    Can you elaborate on what you mean by “no longer a huge fan of the novel”?
    And I hope I’m in no way coming off as a smart ass. I’m genuinely curious.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm currently listening to the audiobook (have never read the novel). I thought I wouldn't get past disc 1 but I hung in there and it got more interesting to me as it went along. I plan on listening to Black House right after.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I'm currently listening to the audiobook (have never read the novel). I thought I wouldn't get past disc 1 but I hung in there and it got more interesting to me as it went along. I plan on listening to Black House right after.
    The first time I read it, I had a difficult time really get into it at first. Then, at a certain point in the novel, it hooked me and I fell in love with it. I hope you enjoy it the rest of the way.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I've read it twice - the first time, as a teenager, I loved it. For years, I would see it on my shelf and think, "ah - now there's one fine reading experience." Just looking at the dust jacket made me happy and refreshed my mind.

Then, in 2011, I re-read it and was unhappy with virtually everything about it. Why? Well...I hesitate to criticize the pieces in which King has disappointed me on this forum because in a King-oriented forum, that may come across as trolling or just being a dick for being a dick's sake. He's why we're all here, and I do love him. Also, for those that love The Talisman, I'm definitely not trying to make you see things my way; if that were an option, I'd just clam up so as not to ruin something for someone else.

But if you're still curious about my specific problems with The Talisman, I'll put them here (warning, it gets ugly):

Spoiler:
    The short version: everything struck me as arbitrary and villains mostly seemed made of paper.

The long reason? Read below (and I'm saving myself some work by quoting here from e-mails I wrote to a friend at the time (and this is only about half of what I wrote)):

"nearly every significant detail is completely arbitrary - why is the talisman the most powerful important thing there is yet somehow made of glass and totally fragile? Why can it call to Jack across a continent and kill its enemies but it can't talk anyone else throughout the centuries into packing it in a padded box or building it a chainmail vest? Why couldn't Wolf II show up to drive Jack cross-country at the start of the quest, but he can at the end? The fate of the world hinged on the fact that Speedy didn't own a station wagon and couldn't buy a bus ticket. 'Oh, no, you have to walk, and although the walks are much shorter in the magical land you can flip to anytime you like, you really shouldn't walk there, because, well, we have 600 more pages to fill with homoerotic hillbillies and environmentalist propaganda.'"

"And I'm getting SO FUCKING TIRED of King's insistence on the ability to defeat the evil monster du jour just by believing. A bunch of knights in armor battle Jack in the hotel, but essentially just by standing up to them (with a guitar pick or some fucking thing) he makes them fall down. And why is the manifestation of such a powerful evil something as dumb as a knight swinging a mace? And a spider saying "fushing feef"? That's not even worthy of a cheap haunted house, never mind the Incredibly Evil Hotel That Awaits At The End Of The Journey. Jesus Christ. The two most successful horror authors of their time, and this is the best they could do? That's right up there with "eeeeeeee!", which by the way also made an appearance here, after Gardener bit off the end of his tongue. Biting off his tongue was a nice touch, but then he sticks his fingers in his ears and does the "nyah nyah" thing – moronic.

But I digress; let's get back to the use of ultimately impotent manifestations of evil. When things started getting weird at the Thayer school, all the ugly monster people were capable of getting to our world, damaging property, and growing worms, but when it came to actually getting Jack, they had to ask Richard for permission. They gave chase when Jack & Richard made a run for the depot, so maybe they had the ability to grab & kill Jack, but if so, that means they didn't have the ability to enter the Thayer school without Richard's permission. So, who gave them permission to enter this world to begin with? Totally arbitrary. Any evil that has the ability to get within an inch of killing you but not the ability to do anything once there ISN'T worth my reading time. I mean, in The Stand, Flagg was fucking people up left and right; in Salem's Lot, lots of people got chomped and the hero would have too if he didn't watch his ass (and he still almost got chomped), and in The Shining, the whole point was that the ghosts couldn't do physical things themselves but sure as hell destroyed Jack Torrance psychologically as they enslaved him. The evil was real, the monsters were genuinely dangerous, the plots made sense, the books were good. Too much to ask? Hmm???????"

"Can you imagine what this collaboration could have been, some freakin' sick combination of Shadowland and Salem's Lot (for example) - dark magic, real evil, a house with true mysteries, believable characters, monsters that hide in the darkness and don't advertise their approach, no spoilers, no grand announcements to the protagonist that he is The Chosen Standard Bearer Of Good And Is Destined To Thwart Evil, but instead a claustrophobic plot that drives characters and events to unknown ends where success doesn't guarantee survival and vice versa - my God, what a phenomenally wasted opportunity.

I never should have reread this. Wolf!"

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The first time I read it, I had a difficult time really get into it at first. Then, at a certain point in the novel, it hooked me and I fell in love with it. I hope you enjoy it the rest of the way.
    Thanks, Amanda. I'm just starting into disc 2 of 3 so there's no turning back now.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

I've read it twice - the first time, as a teenager, I loved it. For years, I would see it on my shelf and think, "ah - now there's one fine reading experience." Just looking at the dust jacket made me happy and refreshed my mind.

Then, in 2011, I re-read it and was unhappy with virtually everything about it. Why? Well...I hesitate to criticize the pieces in which King has disappointed me on this forum because in a King-oriented forum, that may come across as trolling or just being a dick for being a dick's sake. He's why we're all here, and I do love him. Also, for those that love The Talisman, I'm definitely not trying to make you see things my way; if that were an option, I'd just clam up so as not to ruin something for someone else.

But if you're still curious about my specific problems with The Talisman, I'll put them here (warning, it gets ugly):

Spoiler:
    The short version: everything struck me as arbitrary and villains mostly seemed made of paper.

The long reason? Read below (and I'm saving myself some work by quoting here from e-mails I wrote to a friend at the time (and this is only about half of what I wrote)):

"nearly every significant detail is completely arbitrary - why is the talisman the most powerful important thing there is yet somehow made of glass and totally fragile? Why can it call to Jack across a continent and kill its enemies but it can't talk anyone else throughout the centuries into packing it in a padded box or building it a chainmail vest? Why couldn't Wolf II show up to drive Jack cross-country at the start of the quest, but he can at the end? The fate of the world hinged on the fact that Speedy didn't own a station wagon and couldn't buy a bus ticket. 'Oh, no, you have to walk, and although the walks are much shorter in the magical land you can flip to anytime you like, you really shouldn't walk there, because, well, we have 600 more pages to fill with homoerotic hillbillies and environmentalist propaganda.'"

"And I'm getting SO FUCKING TIRED of King's insistence on the ability to defeat the evil monster du jour just by believing. A bunch of knights in armor battle Jack in the hotel, but essentially just by standing up to them (with a guitar pick or some fucking thing) he makes them fall down. And why is the manifestation of such a powerful evil something as dumb as a knight swinging a mace? And a spider saying "fushing feef"? That's not even worthy of a cheap haunted house, never mind the Incredibly Evil Hotel That Awaits At The End Of The Journey. Jesus Christ. The two most successful horror authors of their time, and this is the best they could do? That's right up there with "eeeeeeee!", which by the way also made an appearance here, after Gardener bit off the end of his tongue. Biting off his tongue was a nice touch, but then he sticks his fingers in his ears and does the "nyah nyah" thing – moronic.

But I digress; let's get back to the use of ultimately impotent manifestations of evil. When things started getting weird at the Thayer school, all the ugly monster people were capable of getting to our world, damaging property, and growing worms, but when it came to actually getting Jack, they had to ask Richard for permission. They gave chase when Jack & Richard made a run for the depot, so maybe they had the ability to grab & kill Jack, but if so, that means they didn't have the ability to enter the Thayer school without Richard's permission. So, who gave them permission to enter this world to begin with? Totally arbitrary. Any evil that has the ability to get within an inch of killing you but not the ability to do anything once there ISN'T worth my reading time. I mean, in The Stand, Flagg was fucking people up left and right; in Salem's Lot, lots of people got chomped and the hero would have too if he didn't watch his ass (and he still almost got chomped), and in The Shining, the whole point was that the ghosts couldn't do physical things themselves but sure as hell destroyed Jack Torrance psychologically as they enslaved him. The evil was real, the monsters were genuinely dangerous, the plots made sense, the books were good. Too much to ask? Hmm???????"

"Can you imagine what this collaboration could have been, some freakin' sick combination of Shadowland and Salem's Lot (for example) - dark magic, real evil, a house with true mysteries, believable characters, monsters that hide in the darkness and don't advertise their approach, no spoilers, no grand announcements to the protagonist that he is The Chosen Standard Bearer Of Good And Is Destined To Thwart Evil, but instead a claustrophobic plot that drives characters and events to unknown ends where success doesn't guarantee survival and vice versa - my God, what a phenomenally wasted opportunity.

I never should have reread this. Wolf!"
    First, thanks for sharing your reasons. That was a lot of detail and it must have at least felt good to air those grievances.

I have read The Talisman twice in my life. I loved it enough the first time around to want to reread it years later and I still thoroughly enjoyed it. Enjoyed it enough that, as you said, just looking at the book itslef evokes a strong sense of nostalgia and joy for me. It's been years since I've read it by now and your post has made me wonder whether my opinion of it would be different at this point in my life. I've been wanting to do a reread for years and now I'm scared. haha
    I will say though, as much as I love The Talisman, I always felt that Straub's writing took away from the book. I've never read any of his other works, so maybe that's unfair for me to say, but I feel like he had the tendency to drone on at times, something I'd never picked up on from King's books.

I'll get around to a reread soon and, fingers crossed, I'll enjoy it just as I did before. If I don't, I'll remember your post and think "Damn, he was onto something!"

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on it.

Thanks, Amanda. I'm just starting into disc 2 of 3 so there's no turning back now.
    Nice!

My Mood
    Yeehaw

I have read The Talisman twice in my life. I loved it enough the first time around to want to reread it years later and I still thoroughly enjoyed it. Enjoyed it enough that, as you said, just looking at the book itslef evokes a strong sense of nostalgia and joy for me. It's been years since I've read it by now and your post has made me wonder whether my opinion of it would be different at this point in my life. I've been wanting to do a reread for years and now I'm scared...

I'll get around to a reread soon and, fingers crossed, I'll enjoy it just as I did before. If I don't, I'll remember your post and think "Damn, he was onto something!"
    I'd say that if you enjoyed it the second time, you're probably safe this time around, but do post something here to let me know - hopefully you avoid my fate!

I will say though, as much as I love The Talisman, I always felt that Straub's writing took away from the book. I've never read any of his other works, so maybe that's unfair for me to say, but I feel like he had the tendency to drone on at times, something I'd never picked up on from King's books.
    It's funny you say that, because I can't tell who writes what in The Talisman, and I think either King or Straub has said that if you're reading a passage and think you know who wrote it, it was probably written by the other one (implying that they imitated each other, or maybe just that they synched very well as a writing team). I suppose the long-time die-hards might know who is who anyway, though (I'm curious as to what people like Bev think about this).

As for Straub, he's well worth checking out - I push Shadowland on people at every opportunity (It is the only horror novel I would definitely rank above it), so do check that out, and Ghost Story is great as well (I really wish CD would do editions of these two). Shadowland seems to improve with every re-read (and I'm due for one of Ghost Story). If you end up enjoying those, he definitely has a catalog to dive into.

Country
    Country Flag

And here we go:

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/st...ne-1202587687/

“Fault in Our Stars” and “New Mutants” director Josh Boone will write Amblin Entertainment’s adaptation of Stephen King’s novel “The Talisman.” Although he’s currently just set to pen the script, there is a possibility he could eventually come on as a director as well.

Frank Marshall is producing the film with Michael Wright exec producing.

Based on the best-selling novel, the movie follows a boy, who in order to save his mother from certain death, enters a parallel world known as the Territories in search of a powerful talisman.

Amblin had initially been developing the project as a TV show, but has since decided to turn it into a film.

Boone has had a long standing relationship with the author after being tapped to write and direct an adaptation of “The Stand” for the author. Even after “The Stand” was put on hold, the iconic author had enjoyed working with Boone so much that he tasked him with writing an adaptation of “Revival”, which is currently in development.

Hollywood has been busy with King adaptations with “Dark Tower” and “It”, which recently became the biggest horror pic of all time with $606 million worldwide. His TV work is also heating up with Audience renewing “Mr. Mercedes” while Hulu is currently shooting “Castle Rock” which Bad Robot is producing.

Boone broke out as a helmer when he wrote and directed the box office hit “The Fault in Our Stars.” He recently helmed Fox’s “X-Men” spinoff “New Mutants” with Anya Taylor-Joy and also wrote “The Pretenders” from James Franco.

He is repped by CAA and attorney Greg Slewett of Bloom Hergott.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

1985 U.K.

My Mood
    Yeehaw

This pleases me.

I will be interested to see how they handle Wolf.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Apparently Josh Boone is currently working on a script for SS.
    > https://www.instagram.com/p/BaH5A0Zj...oshboonemovies

Dont take me wrong, but so far it seems that Josh Boone works on a LOT of different projects, but none seems going any further

IMDB currently lists the following projects as announced :
    - Pretenders
    - Xmen series
    - The Stand
    - Lisey's Stories
    - The Talisman

I believe that there were also some other adaptations : LESTAT by Anne Rices and he mentionned another book on instagram but I forgot which
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1837748/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

We're getting somewhere!

Country
    Country Flag

http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3...ings-talisman/
    Next up on the Stephen King revival train is Amblin’s adaptation of The Talisman, which recently enlisted Fault in Our Stars and New Mutants director Josh Boone.

Boone is currently penning the script, but could potentially also direct.

“Based on the best-selling novel, the movie follows a boy, who in order to save his mother from certain death, enters a parallel world known as the Territories in search of a powerful talisman.”

While Boone works on the script, he’s revealed over on Instagram that his longtime storyboard artist Ashley Guillory is illustrating the script as he goes.

Check out an early first look at the adaptation below!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Whaaaat?!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw that the other day, and frankly it's a lot of noise for not very much. It's just 1 small illustration that do not show much, and frankly, i dont find the artwork particularly nice...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I saw that the other day, and frankly it's a lot of noise for not very much. It's just 1 small illustration that do not show much, and frankly, i dont find the artwork particularly nice...
    Totally agree!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast