Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: What is you toilet paper method?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Over

38 90.48%
  • Under

4 9.52%
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: All That and A Bag Of Chips

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default All That and A Bag Of Chips

Help settle a long standing wonder of mine

I often argue with people about the correct way to use a roll of toilet paper.

Some people use the over method of rolling and some people use the under method. I am of the philosophy that the correct way is the over. It just makes sense.

Whenever I go over somebody's house and they use the under method, I change it to the over.

So I've been wondering, which method do you use, the over or the under?

I'm assuming Zone uses the under method because he's from Australia.
    Last edited by Jean; 10-10-2009 at 10:13 AM.

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do you mean how the roll is in the holder? No I prefer the over method aswell but it doesn't bother me enough to change it
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

No, he just uses the under method because hes a bottom.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Sleep Controller ZoNeSeeK is on a distinguished road ZoNeSeeK's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

im just a lazy guy
    "You can lead a whore to culture but you can't make her think." - Duma Key
    zoneseek@thedarktower.com

Gunslinger Apprentice Shelbs is on a distinguished road Shelbs's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I must, must, must have the TP coming over the top of the roll. If someone happens to have it coming out under the roll, after I've murderated them, I'll change it so that it's correctly coming over the top.

Architect Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany is a splendid one to behold Bethany's Avatar

My Mood
    Angelic

if the roll actually makes it to the roller, the paper is supposed to come from over the top. but the if at the beginning of that statement is a huge one.
    People love frozen yogurt. I don't know what to tell you.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

It comes from over the top - if you've ever seen "decorator" TP (the stuff with the designs on it) you'll notice it's only on the outside if you roll it over the top.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

I didn't even know this was an issue.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Gunslinger Apprentice Lance is on a distinguished road Lance's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What's a roller?
    I'm Joe Collins, bitch. Recognize!

"I don't like pot. It dulls my hatred" - Darlene Conner

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Why are there three choices in the poll?
    If needed I can remove the "Toilet Paper" choice.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

It has to be over. It just makes more sense.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I changed it to only two choices.
    Hope that is ok.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Over of course. I hate when people have theirs under.

also, there is another age-old toilet paper question. Do you fold or crumple your TP?
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Citizen of Gilead ATG is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Over, unless you have a two year old, then it's under or you are constantly respooling the wipe.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed....to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms" (Samuel Adams, Debates and Proceedings in the Convention of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, 86-87)

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    Over of course. I hate when people have theirs under.

also, there is another age-old toilet paper question. Do you fold or crumple your TP?
    Folding is definitely the way to go

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Over.

Aslo, crumpling is for barbarians.
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I crumple. Who has time to fold?
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I gotta fold
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I fold usually and do under. Over has always bothered me. For some reason, if it's over it's more likely to be pulled down by the cats, so we do under...

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd use the over, if I used toilet paper.

Kidding, but I don't think I'd change someone else's.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

`One side of what? The other side of what?' thought Alice to herself.
    `Of the mushroom,' said the Caterpillar,

in other words, can someone explain to a foreign bear, over and under what?

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spreading Funk! funky dredd is on a distinguished road funky dredd's Avatar

It's got to be "over" for me.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    `One side of what? The other side of what?' thought Alice to herself.
    `Of the mushroom,' said the Caterpillar,

in other words, can someone explain to a foreign bear, over and under what?
    Basically, it's just a question of when you hang your toilet paper roll on the dispenser whether you hang it with the end of the TP spooling over the top of the roll or hanging down underneath.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

thank you! I suspected as much, but couldn't be sure, since it is a miracle for me how a whole thread can be made on the subject... though I know at least one person who is a typically "over" guy and gets all nervous when it's not his way. Come to think of it, I'd rather it was over, but it's ok either way. It's the question of background, of course... it make a formerly Soviet bear so happy to have any toilet paper at all (instead of newspaper, leaving even one's hands all stained with lead - dread to think what it did to our asses... but, of course, the compulsory subscription to the Communist Party newspaper had to be justified in some way...) that he is hardly likely to notice which way it hangs.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, at least it gave a fitting use to that communist newspaper, no?

...and yes, I was a bit amazed that a whole thread was devoted to the subject too.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast