Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Halloween Horror-thon 2017

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I really liked Happy Death Day. Lots of fun.
    It's taken me a while to get into the spirit considering how the world is now but I'm starting to get it back. I plan on watching À l'intérieur (AKA Inside) again soon. I know it's my favorite Christmas movie but it goes quite well with Halloween as well. It doesn't seem like anywhere has seen it but Bruce. You guys have to watch that one! Soooo good!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

2. As much as I love Hocus Pocus, I think it's literally on every day until Halloween.

Cabin in the Woods is more darkly comic than outright horror. I thought it was just okay. In terms of goodness: The Conjuring 2>Insidious 3>Insidious 2>Lights Out>Cabin in the Woods.
    I think they DO play it every day. I think I saw an advertisement that Freeform is going to play Hocus Pocus for 24 hours on Halloween. I'm thinking they could have picked a better movie for a marathon, but then again, I guess it's "safe" for a channel like Freeform. It's not like they could play Halloween all day or something.

And I think Conjuring 2 HAS to be my next watch because I keep hearing how creepy it is from everyone.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    It's taken me a while to get into the spirit considering how the world is now but I'm starting to get it back. I plan on watching À l'intérieur (AKA Inside) again soon. I know it's my favorite Christmas movie but it goes quite well with Halloween as well. It doesn't seem like anywhere has seen it but Bruce. You guys have to watch that one! Soooo good!
    I've had that one on my to see list since you mentioned it ages ago, but netflix doesn't carry it, not even the dvd
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I've had that one on my to see list since you mentioned it ages ago, but netflix doesn't carry it, not even the dvd
    It can be rented on Youtube in HD for 3.99. I've never rented anything from Youtube before so I don't know how reliable their rentals are....

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Thanks, nor have I but maybe I'll give it a try.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Watched The Orphanage for the first time in a few years. Simply a stellar film more than just a stellar horror film. Brooding, creepy, and only one true jump scare. There's no bells and whistles or tricks to this film. It's just pitch perfect photography from Oscar Faura with a creeping camera which pulls you along like a kid tugging on your pantleg. Great performances, exquisite production helmed by Guillermo Del Toro, all tied together by one of the best working directors J.A. Bayona (if you haven't watched A Monster Calls, watch it). It's just one of those films that weighs heavy on the soul, so full of grief. And that "twist" is one of the best of all time (it rivals The Sixth Sense for me) and hits you like a total gut punch. What makes The Orphange so special as a horror film is that it's constant waiting...we're so trained by horror films to have things reach out from the edge of the frame to jolt us, that when we expect it and we don't get it, the tension just builds and builds. Thank god for that one good jolt in the middle of the film. The Orphanage is a horror that preys on expectations and it lets us scare ourselves. Granted, there are a few good creepy bits in the film, notably when the medium pays the house a visit, but other than that its just dread and anticipation, and that's what really worms its way inside you and nests by the end of the film. Goddamn it's such a good film. I wish it was more talk about when it came to horror films.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Watched 31 today. Much better than Lords of Salem. Probably my second most enjoyed behind The Devil's Rejects. I haven't seen his Halloween re-makes though.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

So glad you liked it Ricky. I need to pick up the DVD, it has a documentary on it that covers the making of the film that I've been dying to see.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I could've sworn you saw the documentary with the movie in the theater? But yeah, it was on the DVD Netflix sent me but I wasn't really interested in watching it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

I could've sworn you saw the documentary with the movie in the theater? But yeah, it was on the DVD Netflix sent me but I wasn't really interested in watching it.
    No, they just showed a sneak peak, maybe 15 min of it. And then some other stuff like an interview with Rob Zombie and a music video.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

One of my favorite personifications of Satan

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

So I managed to watch all of the Insidious movies this Halloween. (Fucking incredible series, by the way). I'm gonna wrap up my Halloween by watching The Conjuring pt 2 tonight.

Country
    Country Flag

Yes! The Grand Finale to Halloween!

I'm gonna watch Halloween (and maybe another movie, if I can stay awake).
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched SAW... my all time Fav Halloween movie (other than IT now).
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Yes! The Grand Finale to Halloween!

I'm gonna watch Halloween (and maybe another movie, if I can stay awake).
    Haha. It was the Grand Finale!

And now for the regret over all the movies I didn't watch. haha.

Spoiler:
    Oh, wait, nevermind. That's what happens at Christmas.

Did you manage to stay awake for any movies other than Halloween?

Country
    Country Flag

I totally have all-the-movies-I-didn't-watch Halloween regrets, but not as bad at Christmas.

And as you know by now, I was close to not making it through Halloween so I definitely didn't watch anything else. Even as I was watching it I was like, "There's no way I'm staying up until 1am."
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2