Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Halloween Horror-thon 2017

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Halloween Horror-thon 2017

Tomorrow is October, which means the official start to the Halloween season! What's everyone planning on watching this month? New releases? Old favorites? Seasonal staples?

New one at the top of my list are: Jackals, Gerald's Game, Jigsaw, and 31

Some others I want to see:

Heathers
    Prom Night
    Happy Death Day
    Halloween III: Season of the Witch
    Wish Upon
    Nosferatu
    The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari
    Robert
    The Fog
    Don't Hang Up
    Coraline
    Curse of Chucky

For re-watches:

Halloween
    Beetlejuice
    Hocus Pocus
    Saw 1-7
    Scream 1-4
    Frankenweenie

Looks like I won't be working this month.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I would highly recommend putting 31, The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, and Nosferatu at the top of your list. I just watched Gerald's Game this past weekend. It was a pretty well done movie. Also what is Robert? I haven't heard of it before. Is it based on Robert the doll?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I set a recording for Dr. Caligari.

And Robert is based on Robert the doll, but I'm expecting it to be very loosely based on true events since it was direct to DVD.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have tickets and Front of the line passes to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios next week. That is my Horror a Thon this year CANNOT WAIT.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I've already begun. I've watched Hush, Gerald's Game, Mother!, and I saw IT for a second time. Not sure what I will watch. I have lots of classic horror films I haven't watched yet like Suspiria, so I'll knock off as many of those as I can, and limit my rewatches.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    I have tickets and Front of the line passes to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios next week. That is my Horror a Thon this year CANNOT WAIT.
    That always sounds really fun. Let us know how it is!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I've already begun. I've watched Hush, Gerald's Game, Mother!, and I saw IT for a second time. Not sure what I will watch. I have lots of classic horror films I haven't watched yet like Suspiria, so I'll knock off as many of those as I can, and limit my rewatches.
    I loved Hush and am looking forward to Gerald's Game.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I saw IT for the second time on Sunday, ha! So good!!

I have seen The Silence of the Lambs, half of The Shining, parts of Dracula's Daughter and Son of Dracula and also Nosferatu on TCM.

Gunslinger Apprentice Zidan will become famous soon enough Zidan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Trying to consciously watch some Stephen King movies this Halloween. Saw Gerald's Game last weekend and planning on seeing IT this week. From the older films I plan on watching Pet Semetary, Misery, and Salem's Lot (1979).

From the standard Halloween library: Clue (God, I love that silly movie), Interview with a Vampire (amazed how much I enjoyed that movie), and Halloween.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

So far I have watched Trick r' Treat, this is becoming a staple of mine every Haloween now it seems like. I also watched Monster Squad, The Blob 1988, and The Visit. I forgot how good The Visit actually is, up until the last 15 min. I've seen Gerald's Game and also re-watched the new It. And tomorrow night a local park is going to be showing Friday the 13th outside on a big screen. Can't wait!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I was told to watch The Final Girls.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Yes, I would also recommend that one.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    So far I have watched Trick r' Treat, this is becoming a staple of mine every Haloween now it seems like. I also watched Monster Squad, The Blob 1988, and The Visit. I forgot how good The Visit actually is, up until the last 15 min. I've seen Gerald's Game and also re-watched the new It. And tomorrow night a local park is going to be showing Friday the 13th outside on a big screen. Can't wait!
    Apparently Shyamalan made 3 different cuts of The Visit: one that is straight up horror, one that is a comedy, and the mix of both which was the theatrical cut. I want to see those other two cuts!
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Country
    Country Flag

Watched Gerald's Game and Heathers recently and loved both. Gerald's Game is easily one of my favorite SK adaptations and I liked Heathers way more than I was expecting. Both are two of my favorite movies I've seen this year. Next up I'm thinking either The Fog, Wish Upon, or Halloween III: Season of the Witch.

Quote Originally Posted by Zidan View Post
    Trying to consciously watch some Stephen King movies this Halloween. Saw Gerald's Game last weekend and planning on seeing IT this week. From the older films I plan on watching Pet Semetary, Misery, and Salem's Lot (1979).

From the standard Halloween library: Clue (God, I love that silly movie), Interview with a Vampire (amazed how much I enjoyed that movie), and Halloween.
    I love the singing telegram scene from Clue. Cracks me up every time.

Man, you New Englanders get all the cool stuff. Better DD menus AND outdoor horror movies?

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Yes, I would also recommend that one.
    I second that. One of my favorites I saw last year and really clever.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

I'm always so far behind on movies, but finally got around to watching The Conjuring and Insidious last night. I'm trying to up my Halloween-movie-watching-game.

I plan on watching my usuals- the original Halloween and It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown before the season's up, but I also want to add some in there. I'm thinking that I'm going to get Jacob to watch Beetlejuice for the first time this year. I thought that'd be fun.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Finally rewatched Motel Hell last night. Hadn't seen it since the '80s (on TV). I guess it was edited for content - haha.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Last week I watched Halloween: Season of the Witch (which I really don't need to see again) and The Fog (the one with Jamie Lee Curtis; I liked it and thought it holds up pretty well. You can definitely see Carpenter's style carry over from Halloween).

Planning (if I don't fall asleep early like a loser) to do a double feature tonight. Possibly 31 and Wish Upon. Or The Mist. Or Jackals. Or maybe one day I'll stop being so damn indecisive.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm always so far behind on movies, but finally got around to watching The Conjuring and Insidious last night. I'm trying to up my Halloween-movie-watching-game.

I plan on watching my usuals- the original Halloween and It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown before the season's up, but I also want to add some in there. I'm thinking that I'm going to get Jacob to watch Beetlejuice for the first time this year. I thought that'd be fun.
    I'm proud of you, Amanda. Keep at it!

And I love Beetlejuice. For some reason, Freeform never includes it in their 13 Days of Halloween line-up. I may have to buy the DVD. It's $4 at Target, so that sweetens it.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Guess who fell asleep at 9:30? So the double feature didn't happen.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

GREAT DOUBLE BILL!

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Last week I watched Halloween: Season of the Witch (which I really don't need to see again) and The Fog (the one with Jamie Lee Curtis; I liked it and thought it holds up pretty well. You can definitely see Carpenter's style carry over from Halloween).

Planning (if I don't fall asleep early like a loser) to do a double feature tonight. Possibly 31 and Wish Upon. Or The Mist. Or Jackals. Or maybe one day I'll stop being so damn indecisive.

I'm proud of you, Amanda. Keep at it!

And I love Beetlejuice. For some reason, Freeform never includes it in their 13 Days of Halloween line-up. I may have to buy the DVD. It's $4 at Target, so that sweetens it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    Guess who fell asleep at 9:30? So the double feature didn't happen.
    1. Refresh my memory since I've not seen it since I was a kid, but isn't Halloween: Season of the Witch that weird Halloween installment that didn't have anything to do with Michael Myers? If so, I can see why you'd say you never need to see it again.

2. Freeform should totally have Beetlejuice in their line-up! I'm sure they could NOT play Hocus Pocus at least once and trade it for Beetlejuice.

3. You probably wore yourself out carving 10 new pumpkins that night and couldn't stay awake.

I watched The Babadook last night and liked it. I think it was a bit more disturbing than it was scary- mainly the aspect of that poor kid watching his mom become a monster like that. Overall, I did enjoy it though.

I know I definitely want to watch The Conjuring pt 2, Insidious pt 2 & 3, Cabin in the Woods, and Lights Out before Halloween is up. If anyone has another recent horror flick to add to my list, I'm open to suggestions.

Have you seen It Follows or Get Out yet Amanda? If not I'd recommend those two.

Cinemark theaters are showing the original Nightmare on Elm St movie tomorrow night. I'm hoping to try to go. If not I'll probably watch it sometime this weekend along with Halloween

I've seen neither, but will keep them in mind. I heard pretty good things about Get Out.

Cinemark theaters are showing the original Nightmare on Elm St movie tomorrow night. I'm hoping to try to go. If not I'll probably watch it sometime this weekend along with Halloween
    Oh man. That would be awesome to go see it in the theater.

I've seen neither, but will keep them in mind. I heard pretty good things about Get Out.
    Along with The Babadook, they're easily my favorite horror films released in recent years. Another recent one I watched recently, which I think I mentioned in another thread was I Am the Pretty Thing That Lives In the House. Not scary, but a quite atmospheric ghost story.

Country
    Country Flag

1. Refresh my memory since I've not seen it since I was a kid, but isn't Halloween: Season of the Witch that weird Halloween installment that didn't have anything to do with Michael Myers? If so, I can see why you'd say you never need to see it again.

2. Freeform should totally have Beetlejuice in their line-up! I'm sure they could NOT play Hocus Pocus at least once and trade it for Beetlejuice.

3. You probably wore yourself out carving 10 new pumpkins that night and couldn't stay awake.
    1. Yeah. I mean, I knew that going in but it was still pretty lame.

2. As much as I love Hocus Pocus, I think it's literally on every day until Halloween.

I know I definitely want to watch The Conjuring pt 2, Insidious pt 2 & 3, Cabin in the Woods, and Lights Out before Halloween is up.
    Cabin in the Woods is more darkly comic than outright horror. I thought it was just okay. In terms of goodness: The Conjuring 2>Insidious 3>Insidious 2>Lights Out>Cabin in the Woods.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast