Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official 2018 Oscar Discussion/Contest Thread

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

My predictions on nominations based on what I've seen.

Best Picture

Dunkirk
    Lady Bird
    Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri
    Get Out
    The Shape of Water

Best Director

Christopher Nolan - Dunkirk
    Martin McDonaugh - Three Billboards

Best Actress

Soairse Ronan - Lady Bird
    Frances McdDormand - Three Billboards
    Margot Robbie - I, Tonya
    Sally Hawkins - The Shape of Water

Best Actor

No idea yet

Best Supporting Actress

Allison Janney - !, Tonya
    Laurie Metcalf - Lady Bird

Best Supporting Actor

Sam Rockwell - Three Billboards

Best Original Screenplay

Lady Bird - Greta Gerwig
    Three Billboards - Martin McDonaugh

Best Adapted Screenplay

Not sure which ones are adapted

Best Original Score

The Shape of Water - Alexandre Desplat
    Three Billboards - Carter Burwell
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Andi View Post
    I realize, after reading this thread, I don't watch near enough movies to participate in this whole thing. I watched one out of the ten movies that was listed for the Golden Globe nominations. lol

But there is no way that Get Out is a Comedy or a Musical!!! Unless you count that guy's friend. That guy made me laugh.
    Not so fast. This is the kind of contest anyone can enter. You don't have to have seen any of the movies. When the time comes, you can just pick random winners. You never know. It's just for fun anyways. We need all hands on deck to beat Heather.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I love Jimmy Kimmel, I hope he hosts the show every year.

Best part was when he was roasting Matt Damon's performance in that Zoo movie "his performance is so... effortfull."

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My Oscar Wishlist:

Jordan Peele - I'd like to see Jordan Peele get nominated for Best Director. Get Out was my favorite film of the year and I think he deserves to be recognized for a film of that nature.

Jake Gyllenhaal - Gyllenhaal was majorly snubbed for his performance a few years back in Nightcrawler, yet the only thing anybody wanted to talk about was #OscarSoWhite. I'm not sure sure why, but it seems like Jake gets overlooked every year. His performance in Stronger is once again primed to fly under the radar.

Roger Deakins - TIME'S UP! You're damn right time's up. It's time for Deakins to finally take home the Oscar for Best Cinematography.

Baby Driver - Baby Driver is one of the most fun films of the year. It features some of the best use of music I've seen a film in a long time. I'd love to see it get nominated for Best Film Editing and Best Sound Editing.

Idris Elba - Jessica Chastain is getting most of the attention for Molly's game and rightly so, and she has a decent shot at getting a Best Actress nomination. I'd love to see that happen, but I'd love to see Elba get recognized even more. He continues to impress in every film I see him in.

Blade Runner 2049 - I'd love to see Blade Runner 2049 get nominated for Best Picture. I think it's a crowning achievement in filmmaking, but I'm a realist and I know it's not going to happen. The same goes for Denis Villeneuve. He's the best director working today, but the Best Director category is stacked this year. That said, I'd really love to see Blade Runner 2049 clean up in a lot of the technical categories like Best Visual Effects etc.

Greta Gerwig - I mentioned this before, but I really want Gerwig to get nominated for Best Director. I haven't seen Lady Bird yet, but I'm sure she's more than worthy. I need her to be nominated just because I don't want to deal with the fallout if she doesn't get nominated. With the whole Me Too and Time's Up stuff going on, I don't even want to see the backlash that will ensue if Gerwig doesn't get nominated.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd be SHOCKED if Deakins didn't win for Best Cinematography. I mean, that'd be a snub if there ever was one.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I'd be SHOCKED if Deakins didn't win for Best Cinematography. I mean, that'd be a snub if there ever was one.
    Me too, but I feel like we've said that in past years. I will say more and more people are mentioning how ridiculous it is that he hasn't won yet, so maybe that will be the difference.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen Blade Runner 2049 yet, but from the trailers, it looks beautiful. I think his main competition is in my favourite rising cinematographer, Hoyte Van Hoytema for Dunkirk. He did beautiful work before in Her, The Fighter, and Interstellar.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not hyperbole'ing when I say that BR2049 might be the best shot film I have ever seen. I mean, that thing is scientifically engineered to blow you away (see what I did there). It's almost like a concept book come to life. Just beautiful.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I haven't seen Blade Runner 2049 yet, but from the trailers, it looks beautiful. I think his main competition is in my favourite rising cinematographer, Hoyte Van Hoytema for Dunkirk. He did beautiful work before in Her, The Fighter, and Interstellar.
    I would agree with you about that. Let's just hope that voters assume he will have more chances.

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    I'm not hyperbole'ing when I say that BR2049 might be the best shot film I have ever seen. I mean, that thing is scientifically engineered to blow you away (see what I did there). It's almost like a concept book come to life. Just beautiful.
    I'd agree with that too. It's breathtaking.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Tomorrow is the big day! Oscar nominations will be announced tomorrow morning at 8:22 a.m Eastern Standard time.

To watch a livestream, visit this link: http://oscar.go.com/

I will post a list of the Oscar nominations here tomorrow (unless Mae beats me to it). I will also work on the online Oscar contest form when I get home from work, as well as repost the rules.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I will post a list of the Oscar nominations here tomorrow (unless Mae beats me to it).
    I'll try

Stream can be seen here as well:

Country
    Country Flag

Nine BP noms when we could have ten and no Wonder Woman? Fuck them!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Before I post the official list of nominations, I will give some of my thoughts.

I'm with Mae, it still drives me crazy that they don't just nominate 10 films but whatever.

First, I'm done with the whole Tiffany Haddish thing. She popped up overnight like a weed and now she's everywhere. She's made like one film. I thought she was dreadful reading the nominations. I also thought the little clips they played before each category was announced was stupid.

Overall, I was happy with the nominations. I thought they spread it around nicely. I thought it was great to see Mudbound get some attention. For a second I thought it was going to get a Best Picture nomination.

I loved seeing Baby Driver get some love. I was disappointed to not see Blade Runner get nominated for Best Picture and to also see it get left out of the Original Score category.

I love Octavia Spencer, but she is kind of getting like Meryl Streep where she gets nominated for everything. I thought she was good in The Shape of Water, but not Oscar worthy. The same goes for last year, I thought Henson and Monae were both better in Hidden Figures.

No Armie Hammer in Call Me by Your Name was also a surprise. He was fantastic. Of course, I knew Jake wouldn't get nominated, but it still makes me angry. I haven't seen Denzel's film but I can't help but think he's getting nominated for name only at this point.

I know it doesn't matter because Coco is going to win easy, but I'm shocked the Lego Batman movie didn't get nominated. I'm starting to think the Academy has something against Lego movies. The Lego Movie was also snubbed a few years ago.

Lastly, like I've been very vocal about, I was very happy to see Greta Gerwig get nominated, as well as Peele. Now we can sit back and just talk film. It's unfortunate that Martin McDonagh didn't get nominated, especially since his film is a frontrunner.

Anyway, the next month should be fun. Stand by for the list of nominations, rules and the Oscar Contest Form.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Rules

Oscar night is right around the corner, so I'm going to post the rules for those who might not be familiar with them. Please tell your friends from other boards to come on over and join us. The more the merrier.

You have until showtime on March 4, 2018.

IMPORTANT: Don't forget the tie breaker. It's simple: Basically, everybody will submit their choices like usual, except they will also add which film they think will win the most Oscars and give a number. In case of a tie, whomever has the closest number without going over is the winner.

Predictions have to be in by showtime, so there is no rush to post them. We still have some time before Oscar night. I myself will be waiting for the last possible moment to post my predictions.

Remember, these are just educated guesses. None of us have seen every film nominated and I doubt if anybody has seen any of the documentary short subject nominees. Just make an educated guess. Or an uneducated guess.

Returning this year:

Returning this year will be the online ballot submission I created. I think that went over pretty well last year and made things a bit easier for me to grade at the end of the night. Of course, ballots can still be submitted here.

Where it says "name" just put your DT.org handle, or designate in some way that you are from the Dark Tower boards. I will be sharing the same contest form with other friends and I don't want to get them confused.

https://tinyurl.com/OscarContest2018

Best Picture

Call Me By Your Name
    Darkest Hour
    Dunkirk
    Get Out
    Lady Bird
    Phantom Thread
    The Post
    The Shape of Water
    Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Best Director

Christopher Nolan - Dunkirk
    Jordan Peele - Get Out
    Greta Gerwig - Lady Bird
    Paul Thomas Anderson - Phantom Thread
    Guillermo del Toro - The Shape of Water

Best Actor

Timothée Chalamet - Call Me By Your Name
    Daniel Day-Lewis - Phantom Thread
    Daniel Kaluuya - Get Out
    Gary Oldman - Darkest Hour
    Denzel Washington - Roman J. Israel, Esq.

Best Actress

Sally Hawkins - The Shape of Water
    Frances McDormand - Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
    Margot Robbie - I, Tonya
    Saoirse Ronan - Lady Bird
    Meryl Streep - The Post

Best Supporting Actor

Willem Dafoe - The Florida Project
    Woody Harrelson - Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
    Richard Jenkins - The Shape of Water
    Christopher Plummer - All the Money in the World
    Sam Rockwell - Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Best Supporting Actress

Mary J. Blige - Mudbound
    Allison Janney - I, Tonya
    Lesley Manville - Phantom Thread
    Laurie Metcalf - Lady Bird
    Octavia Spencer - The Shape of Water

Best Cinematography

Blade Runner 2049
    Darkest Hour
    Dunkirk
    Mudbound
    The Shape of Water

Best Documentary Feature

Abacus: Small Enough to Jail
    Faces Places
    Icarus
    Last Man in Aleppo
    Strong Island

Best Foreign Language Film

A Fantastic Woman
    The Insult
    Loveless
    On Body and Soul
    The Square

Best Costume Design

Beauty and the Beast
    Darkest Hour
    Phantom Thread
    The Shape of Water
    Victoria & Abdul

Best Original Score

Dunkirk
    Phantom Thread
    The Shape of Water
    Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Best Original Song

“Mighty River” - Mudbound
    “Mystery of Love” - Call Me By Your Name
    “Remember Me” - Coco
    “Stand Up For Something” - Marshall
    “This Is Me” - The Greatest Showman

Best Sound Editing

Baby Driver
    Blade Runner 2049
    Dunkirk
    The Shape of Water

Best Sound Mixing

Baby Driver
    Blade Runner 2049
    Dunkirk
    The Shape of Water

Best Documentary Short

Edith and Eddie
    Heaven Is A Traffic Jam on the 405
    Heroin(e)
    Knife Skills
    Traffic Stop

Best Production Design

Beauty and the Beast
    Blade Runner 2049
    Darkest Hour
    Dunkirk
    The Shape of Water

Best Original Screenplay

The Big Sick - Emily V. Gordon and Kumail Nanjiani
    Get Out - Jordan Peele
    Lady Bird - Greta Gerwig
    The Shape of Water - Guillermo del Toro and Vanessa Taylor
    Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - Martin McDonagh

Best Adapted Screenplay

Call Me By Your Name - James Ivory
    The Disaster Artist - Scott Neustadter and Michael H. Weber
    Logan - Scott Frank, James Mangold, Michael Green
    Molly’s Game - Aaron Sorkin
    Mudbound - Virgil Williams and Dee Rees

Best Animated Feature

The Boss Baby
    The Breadwinner
    Coco
    Ferdinand
    Loving Vincent

Best Animated Short

Dear Basketball
    Garden Party
    Lou
    Negative Space
    Revolting Rhymes

Best Live Action Short

DeKalb Elementary
    The Eleven O’Clock
    My Nephew Emmett
    The Silent Child
    Watu Wote/All of Us

Best Film Editing

Baby Driver
    Dunkirk
    I, Tonya
    The Shape of Water

Best Visual Effects

Blade Runner 2049
    Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
    Kong: Skull Island
    War for the Planet of the Apes

Best Makeup and Hairstyling

Darkest Hour
    Victoria & Abdul
    Wonder

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Before I post the official list of nominations, I will give some of my thoughts.

I'm with Mae, it still drives me crazy that they don't just nominate 10 films but whatever.

First, I'm done with the whole Tiffany Haddish thing. She popped up overnight like a weed and now she's everywhere. She's made like one film. I thought she was dreadful reading the nominations. I also thought the little clips they played before each category was announced was stupid.

Overall, I was happy with the nominations. I thought they spread it around nicely. I thought it was great to see Mudbound get some attention. For a second I thought it was going to get a Best Picture nomination.

I loved seeing Baby Driver get some love. I was disappointed to not see Blade Runner get nominated for Best Picture and to also see it get left out of the Original Score category.

I love Octavia Spencer, but she is kind of getting like Meryl Streep where she gets nominated for everything. I thought she was good in The Shape of Water, but not Oscar worthy. The same goes for last year, I thought Henson and Monae were both better in Hidden Figures.

No Armie Hammer in Call Me by Your Name was also a surprise. He was fantastic. Of course, I knew Jake wouldn't get nominated, but it still makes me angry. I haven't seen Denzel's film but I can't help but think he's getting nominated for name only at this point.

I know it doesn't matter because Coco is going to win easy, but I'm shocked the Lego Batman movie didn't get nominated. I'm starting to think the Academy has something against Lego movies. The Lego Movie was also snubbed a few years ago.

Lastly, like I've been very vocal about, I was very happy to see Greta Gerwig get nominated, as well as Peele. Now we can sit back and just talk film. It's unfortunate that Martin McDonagh didn't get nominated, especially since his film is a frontrunner.

Anyway, the next month should be fun. Stand by for the list of nominations, rules and the Oscar Contest Form.
    I feel like there's quite a few actors that get nominated just because of who they are. And do you really think Coco is going to win Animated feature? Maybe I'm biased but it should go to Loving Vincent. The film was like a piece of art. Of course I haven't seen the other films, but I can't even begin to imagine the amount of effort that went into this one. Not to mention how creative and different it was.

I was surprised but happy to see Get Out get some love. Wasn't expecting it to get a best picture nor best director nomination. Doubt it'll win, but I'm glad it's getting recognized.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen any of the BP nominees yet, but agree that some of the names seem to get nominated for name alone.

Some shockers for me: No Disaster Artist for BP, no Best Actress for Jessica Chastain, no Best Actor for Tom Hanks (does the Academy hate him or something?)

Also, for those who have seen it, was Get Out really THAT good? I still remember how lame the trailers looked when it came out. I still have no interest in it, but will probably end up seeing it since it was nominated.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

I feel like there's quite a few actors that get nominated just because of who they are. And do you really think Coco is going to win Animated feature? Maybe I'm biased but it should go to Loving Vincent. The film was like a piece of art. Of course I haven't seen the other films, but I can't even begin to imagine the amount of effort that went into this one. Not to mention how creative and different it was.

I was surprised but happy to see Get Out get some love. Wasn't expecting it to get a best picture nor best director nomination. Doubt it'll win, but I'm glad it's getting recognized.
    No, you're right, Loving Vincent is a lock to win. You should pick it for sure.

In all seriousness, I haven't seen either film, but everyone I talk to has nice things to say about Coco. It's also likely to have been seen by way more voters. I also think the fact that the main character is a minority helps in our current climate.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I haven't seen any of the BP nominees yet, but agree that some of the names seem to get nominated for name alone.

Some shockers for me: No Disaster Artist for BP, no Best Actress for Jessica Chastain, no Best Actor for Tom Hanks (does the Academy hate him or something?)

Also, for those who have seen it, was Get Out really THAT good? I still remember how lame the trailers looked when it came out. I still have no interest in it, but will probably end up seeing it since it was nominated.
    First of all, nobody hates Tom Hanks. He's a national treasure. I think with Hanks it's just that he's so good he ends up going under the radar. That and the fact it was a strong year for lead actors.

A month ago Chastain not getting nominated would have surprised me, but in recent weeks she fell off for some reason. The same for Michelle Williams. Actually, besides Plummer All the Money in the World really fell off a cliff. I'm not really sure what happened there.

As for Disaster Artist, who knows. It may have just lost steam, or some of the recent allegations against Franco may have hurt it.

Yes, Get Out is that good. End of story. You will end up being underwhelmed because you've waited too long and the hype is through the roof at this point, but you should still see it. It's such a timely film.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post

I forgot all about The Disaster Artist when I was looking thru the list. That's a bummer. I really want to see it.

As for Get Out, yes you need to see it. It's not a straight up horror film, it's actually quite funny. It was a little different than what I was expecting but I loved it. And I agree with Mike, it is a very timely film. I'm actually kinda surprised you haven't seen it yet. I do hope you enjoy it.

No, you're right, Loving Vincent is a lock to win. You should pick it for sure.

In all seriousness, I haven't seen either film, but everyone I talk to has nice things to say about Coco. It's also likely to have been seen by way more voters. I also think the fact that the main character is a minority helps in our current climate.
    I will, and it will win

Country
    Country Flag

I hope so Heather! I haven't seen it, but the trailer alone left me astonished! I can only imagine how it was on the big screen. And while it's not technically a 2D hand-drawn animated film, it would be the first one since Spirited Away in 2002 that would win. Every other Best Animated Oscar went to a 3D animated film with the exception of Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit in 2005 which was stop-motion. So, 17 awards and all but two went to 3D films. I'm rooting for Loving Vincent but The Breadwinner looks great as well and it was even nominated as Best Picture (not even Animated) in the Canadian Screen Awards: http://www.cartoonbrew.com/awards/br...re-156075.html

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    I hope so Heather! I haven't seen it, but the trailer alone left me astonished! I can only imagine how it was on the big screen. And while it's not technically a 2D hand-drawn animated film, it would be the first one since Spirited Away in 2002 that would win. Every other Best Animated Oscar went to a 3D animated film with the exception of Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit in 2005 which was stop-motion. So, 17 awards and all but two went to 3D films. I'm rooting for Loving Vincent but The Breadwinner looks great as well and it was even nominated as Best Picture (not even Animated) in the Canadian Screen Awards: http://www.cartoonbrew.com/awards/br...re-156075.html
    You need to see it Mae, you would love it. I know I've said this before but I really hate computer animated films with the look of Boss Baby. I love the more traditional animation. I really wish Miyazaki was still making films. I got my niece into his movies recently. I wanted her to appreciate real animated films versus what typically gets put out these days. And it worked, she instantly fell in love with all the ones I got her and watches them all the time.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I've seen 7 of the 9 BP nominees. Going to see Phantom Thread today. Don't really have a great desire to see, but probably will view Call me by your name soon.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Call Me by Your Name, The Disaster Artist and Blade Runner 2049 were my favorites from last year. I saw Get Out after all the fury had waned and was left just a bit let down. Don't get me wrong, I really liked it and am happy it got a BP nom but I didn't have the life-altering experience others seem to have had.
    I still have four BP noms to catch up on....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast