Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Issues with Grant Publishing

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Default Issues with Grant Publishing

Has anyone else dealt directly with Grant? I ordered some replacement dust jackets and the shipment was sent back to them because of a mislabeled package. I know human errors happen and I can handle that. What's odd is that it's been several days since messaging and trying to call them and have gotten nothing. Is this typical customer service with a company that pumps out the volume that they do?

Citizen of Gilead Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker is a splendid one to behold Cwalker's Avatar

I have bought from them and even had the opportunity to spend a couple of hours visiting the shop a year or two ago. Last I knew it was pretty much a "one man show" with Robert handeling everything himself. It may have changed but I think they are always on the small side. I understand the frustration of things not going as hoped, but patience may be the key word here. Hope this helps some.
    "Thanks, but no, it isn't a cowboy hat. It's a fedora. And yes, Indianna Jones is still socially relevant."

Gunslinger Apprentice TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about TnTzDad has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

I've done some online research after starting this thread and noticed it appeared to be a small company. I had no idea it was only him. I have to assume he's out of pocket with no answer at all. I'm sure when he returns and sees the package is back he'll get it fixed. Thanks for the insight!

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've emailed Grant Publishing a few times over the last few months since I got my Dark Tower #'d set, to update his list for future publications, but have never received a reply. After about the 5th email I just gave up waiting for a response
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

A tip I've learned is to not use the contact link on the website, but to email directly to office@grantbooks.com. Apparently the contact link on the website was messed up for a while. It might still be.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Citizen of Gilead andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice andyg75 is just really nice

My Mood
    Happy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    A tip I've learned is to not use the contact link on the website, but to email directly to office@grantbooks.com. Apparently the contact link on the website was messed up for a while. It might still be.
    Thanks, I'll give that a try. Nothing to lose...
    Wanted:
    Carrie PS Publishing Lettered ‘G’
    Charlie the Choo Choo U.K. S/L #157
    Dark Tower Portfolio #157

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    That's what's getting me. He sent out a confirmation email from that email address and I replied to ask a question. I got no answer, figuring it wasn't worth his time to answer. However, when the package was returned to sender because of mislabeling, I emailed him again and have yet to hear back. Two days later I called the number, leaving a message. Again, I hope seeing the package returned to him will prompt a response.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes...Grant is a small company. It had a handful of employees in the late 90's. Robert had a habit of micromanaging and is not always a "people person."
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Yes...Grant is a small company. It had a handful of employees in the late 90's. Robert had a habit of micromanaging and is not always a "people person."
    If not a people person, why choose a business that requires customer service and go it alone...? IJS

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

If you run into real issues, give me a shout at david@bettsbooks.com

I have a pretty strong relationship with Robert and agree, one-man show and not always responsive. He goes away for periods of time and no one knows he is gone.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

+ Reply to Thread