Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Beauties UK S/L - Get it quick!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    I just checked and there is a link for questions and feedback to Waterstones. My advice would be for everyone who has ordered this book to use this link and specifically request the book is packaged well, stating the UTD and CTCC problems that have occurred in the past. If they get repeated comments, they might do something about it.
    Great idea!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Hey, I don't even trust them to deliver to me in the UK. I'm picking mine up from the Store (along with what seems like about a hundred First editions... )
    We cut to a scene where we find Simon driving a large unmarked panel truck. As he passes a pair of Coppers sitting in their vehicle; the rookie turns towards his Sgt. and states, "Hey, Sgt. That large panel truck looks very suspicious". The Sgt. leans forward to look past the young cop and spies Simon in the driver's seat. The Sgt. then tells the rookie, "Not at all. That's just Simon on his way to Waterstones to pick up the latest King book for all those bloody Yanks!" The Sgt. rolls his eyes and whispers under his breath, "Rookies."
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have you guys received an email confirmation regarding your order? I have not but it appeared that my order went through. Unless my bank decides to deny the transaction, again.....
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Have you guys received an email confirmation regarding your order? I have not but it appeared that my order went through. Unless my bank decides to deny the transaction, again.....

I got a confirmation, Brian.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Well played, Brian!

Yes, I received an email confirmation from Waterstones right after placing my order.

I submitted a shipping comment using the link Simon provided. I hope you all do, too.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Gunslinger Apprentice brionen has a spectacular aura about brionen has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Did you check your Junk mail folder? I received pretty quickly when I placed my order, but I've had other sites where the confirmation email ends up filtered into Junk (sometimes it's even from a site I've ordered from multiple times before and never have an issue later on, even)

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I got a copy and a confirmation email.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Gunslinger Apprentice jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about jsweet has a spectacular aura about

Country
    Country Flag

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I also received a confirmation E-mail and per Simon's advice asked them to wrap it real nice!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsweet View Post
    Sellers name is Simon. hahahahaa
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, guys. Delayed reaction I guess as the confirmation finally showed up.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Well played, Brian!

Yes, I received an email confirmation from Waterstones right after placing my order.

I submitted a shipping comment using the link Simon provided. I hope you all do, too.
    Thanks, Patrick!

Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92 is a splendid one to behold jsmcmullen92's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I submitted a ticket as well to have them send the book in a padded box. Hell I'm paying 250GBP plus 12 for shipping least they can do is protect the damn thing in more than a mailer.

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

CHECK YOUR CONFIRMATION!
    "AVAILABILITY AT TIME OF ORDER."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    CHECK YOUR CONFIRMATION!
    "AVAILABILITY AT TIME OF ORDER."
    What's wrong with "Availability at time of order: Awaiting publication"?

Just means the book isn't available today when I ordered.

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    I submitted a ticket as well to have them send the book in a padded box. Hell I'm paying 250GBP plus 12 for shipping least they can do is protect the damn thing in more than a mailer.
    If you're only paying £12 for shipping to the US, I don't see them sending it to you in anything but a standard parcel envelope.

The cost of shipping a box containing a 700 page book through Royal Mail is at least three times as much.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine is the same as Jerome's:

Availability at time of order: Awaiting publication
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jsmcmullen92 View Post
    Submitted a ticket as well.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Mine is the same as Jerome's:

Availability at time of order: Awaiting publication
    Same here.

Just saying that it states that the book may NOT have been available at the time you ordered.
    "The birds were in the bush & not in your hand" so to speak.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just saying that it states that the book may NOT have been available at the time you ordered.
    Of course it isn't available yet. It hasn't been produced yet (or if it has, it isn't ready for shipping until after 9/26/2017).

Nothing to worry about. The major worry is the potential of damage.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I used the contact link listed upthread. It will be interesting to hear what if any responses we receive.

I said:

I ordered the signed limited today. In the past, Waterstones shipping of books to the USA often were inadequately packaged, resulting in damage to the book. Since there are only 250 of the books, there likely won't be any to replace damaged copies.
    Please pack mine in a fashion that will insure it arrives safely.
    I'm more than willing to pay extra for robust packaging.

Best,

Jerome *****

Order # 12******

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Of course it isn't available yet. It hasn't been produced yet (or if it has, it isn't ready for shipping until after 9/26/2017).

Nothing to worry about. The major worry is the potential of damage.
    What don't you understand about that there are 250 books and you were order #251?

Country
    Country Flag

Apparently sold out now.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll let you all know how mine is packed. My shipping was free within the UK so they'll probably just stick a stamp on the slipcase

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast