Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Sleeping Beauties UK S/L - Get it quick!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

They still seem to be available, so I signed up and ordered one. We will see!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

I received news I would get a £50 refund as well as notification that they are adding a new overseas/high value packaging to avoid future damages.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

These arrived a few days ago. Thanks to a member here.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Keep the tiger away from the peacock, or the tiger will be sorry.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Servant of Gan Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh has much to be proud of Beverly Marsh's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    I went into Gerald's on Monday to buy a UK edition of Sleeping Beauties and he didn't have any with the animal stamp. He said retail versions do not have the stamp so I'm not sure what that means in the long run or which stores have and don't have it.
    "Retail versions" DO have the stamp, but only the 1st editions. Becca seems to have a real anomaly here. Maybe they ran out of Animal boards before they ran out of 1st print page blocks?

If so that makes ANOTHER 1st print variant.....
    The VJ Books version also has a tipped in page with a printed box where Owen signed.

Here is a pic of the front board:
    Ah, I see! My head is going to explode ala Scanners with all of these variants. I'm not even attempting to get them all. Maybe just one or two

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Beverly Marsh View Post
    Ah, I see! My head is going to explode ala Scanners with all of these variants. I'm not even attempting to get them all. Maybe just one or two
    I told myself that once too, Lori
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I guess with today being Friday the 13th and all that it would be fitting that my order (for a fellow member) for the S/L would finally be approved. I was also ensured by Waterstones that "extra packaging" will be used. We shall see once it arrives.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting fact....more than 10% of the total print run has been sold, or is for sale on the secondary market.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Interesting fact....more than 10% of the total print run has been sold, or is for sale on the secondary market.
    Would that be considered higher than average? Sounds about right to me for a newly released collectible.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Traveler Johnpotten is on a distinguished road

Some Waterstones still have firsts, my local has Fox and Tiger at the moment. So keep hunting!

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Very fine is selling these for $1200, if it's the same book so congrats to those who were able to get them
    http://www.veryfinebooks.com/Product...ductCode=SK906

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    Very fine is selling these for $1200, if it's the same book so congrats to those who were able to get them
    http://www.veryfinebooks.com/Product...ductCode=SK906
    I believe this is due to the Cemetery Dance auction. The prices have jumped since theirs ended.

Gunslinger Apprentice zachip has a spectacular aura about zachip has a spectacular aura about

i think i got the world's first uniquely "damage" edition. do you see the "white growth"....?

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Would that be considered higher than average? Sounds about right to me for a newly released collectible.
    Within two weeks of release?....yes I would say so.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a guess, but a small group of 10-15 buyers picked up ~60-75 total copies.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I guess with today being Friday the 13th and all that it would be fitting that my order (for a fellow member) for the S/L would finally be approved. I was also ensured by Waterstones that "extra packaging" will be used. We shall see once it arrives.
    It arrived in a subpar outer shell and the book was free to move around inside of the shell but it did seem to be wrapped up pretty good. Upon removing the additional packaging, the book appears to be in F/F shape as it was wrapped in several layers of packing material. The only improvement I'd like to see is that the book be shipped inside of an actual box for added protection. Photos in spoiler tag below:

Spoiler:

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

I’m disappointed that I didn’t get the dinged variant this time.

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I'll sell you mine...it will probably end up being the most sought after dinged variant due to the damage it sustained. I couldn't even get it out of the slipcase at first. Deal of the day, original price plus shipping and it's yours.
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

Country
    Country Flag

It arrived in a subpar outer shell and the book was free to move around inside of the shell but it did seem to be wrapped up pretty good. Upon removing the additional packaging, the book appears to be in F/F shape as it was wrapped in several layers of packing material. The only improvement I'd like to see is that the book be shipped inside of an actual box for added protection. Photos in spoiler tag below:

Spoiler:
    Looks like they are using the same "box" but adding the padding.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post

Spoiler:
    Looks like they are using the same "box" but adding the padding.
    Pretty much.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by C1TIZEN_X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I'll sell you mine...it will probably end up being the most sought after dinged variant due to the damage it sustained. I couldn't even get it out of the slipcase at first. Deal of the day, original price plus shipping and it's yours.
    Thanks, that’s very kind of you but I stopped collecting variants. So I will just stay with my undamaged copy for now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16