Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Beauties UK S/L - Get it quick!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    I got an email back from Waterstones today and was offered the option to either send the book back or get a £50 partial refund. Needless to say, I chose the partial refund. We'll see if it comes through. Anybody else get something similar?
    I didn't get offered a partial refund. I'm calling them back tomorrow.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    I got an email back from Waterstones today and was offered the option to either send the book back or get a £50 partial refund. Needless to say, I chose the partial refund. We'll see if it comes through. Anybody else get something similar?

Mulleins
    I had posted a bunch of comments on their Facebook page telling people to not buy books from Waterstones because of their crappy shipping and customer service. That might have provided some encouragement for them to do something. Some Waterstones person actually responded to one of the posts.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Now that sounds like something I can get on board with. If I don't hear anything from them I guess I'll have to "go public" so to speak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    Ready for some more bad news VJ BOOKS & Owen did not meet up on Tuesday so it looks like these books will have tipped in signatures.They are only getting 32 U.K. books (SOLD OUT) when I heard from them today they only have gotten one box (8 books All 1st editions all MOTH covers) hopefully the other 3 boxes will have the variant covers & also be 1st editions.
    I emailed them earlier today to ask about verified 1st prints. They told me the same and that I was the 9th order so when the next box arrives they will check them to make sure they are 1sts and mine would come out of that box.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by C1TIZEN_X View Post
    Well, I guess I should have been okay with my copy being in Brazil. Go figure, I had a package waiting for me when I got home from work. I swear, the box it was in is even thinner than the BCE edition packaging. One end was open, not loose, OPEN. I could see the book without even having to pick up the box. I'm surprised it ever made it to my house.

Needless to say, it fits into the "damaged on arrival" category. Both the slip case and book are in less than perfect shape. It's too late to call Waterhead's, but I did file a complaint online. I got the, "thanks for taking the time to get in touch" automated email with a case number. I guess I'll wait and see what they say, if anything. Not really much I can do. It's not like there are replacements available.
    That's terrible. No copy here. Mine might be in Brazil.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

So, do these damaged copies make mine worth more money?

(I am now running away as fast as I can to avoid the sticks and stones being thrown at me)
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post

(I am now running away as fast as I can to avoid the sticks and stones being thrown at me)
    No sticks here I've discussed this with another *victim. We decided that we probably have the more desirable "special dinged edition". If you think about it, our copies are more limited than yours now!!

But seriously, you are probably correct thinking the undamaged ones are more than likely going to be more sought after.

The way I am going to approach this is, "at least I have a 1 of 250 double signed limited edition".
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

Country
    Country Flag

No sticks here I've discussed this with another *victim. We decided that we probably have the more desirable "special dinged edition". If you think about it, our copies are more limited than yours now!!

But seriously, you are probably correct thinking the undamaged ones are more than likely going to be more sought after.

The way I am going to approach this is, "at least I have a 1 of 250 double signed limited edition".
    I have the 0 of 0 special invisible edition. Super deluxe limited with invisible ink.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Darn it! Now I have to add the invisible and the slightly damaged and the badly damaged editions to my want list!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

[/QUOTE]

I have the 0 of 0 special invisible edition. Super deluxe limited with invisible ink.[/QUOTE]

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the 0 of 0 special invisible edition. Super deluxe limited with invisible ink.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Don't laugh, I own one of the King signed limited Cujo "Air Guitars".

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Condolences to everyone who got damaged copies or fourth printings. That really sucks.

I have a couple of UK editions still on the way, and one of them is in doubt. Fingers crossed.

HBJ

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I have the 0 of 0 special invisible edition. Super deluxe limited with invisible ink.
    [/QUOTE]

Don't laugh, I own one of the King signed limited Cujo "Air Guitars".

Mulleins[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post

Wish List
    Christine S/L

Country
    Country Flag

So I'm holding out hope that my S/L will actually arrive, but if that doesn't happen, would anyone who purchased 2 or more copies be willing to part with one for a signed US trade edition?? Let me know.

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Mine just showed up. Bullshit packing of course. Minor slipcase corner rubbing (like others).

Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Mulleins
    Ralph, did you call again? Any luck?
    Looking for:

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Mulleins
    No luck yet. Beth Orton (I think that's how you spell her name) from customer support is trying to find out how to give the partial refund.

I won't give up.

Update:

Just got off the phone with customer support. They take each issue case by case and I was just told I WILL NOT receive a partial refund. I can't express how disappointed I am in Waterstones. Never Never NEVER AGAIN.

I wish I had worked out something with one of our friends across the pond to pick one up.

Ralph Mulleins

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Mulleins
    No luck yet. Beth Orton (I think that's how you spell her name) from customer support is trying to find out how to give the partial refund.

I won't give up.

Update:

Just got off the phone with customer support. They take each issue case by case and I was just told I WILL NOT receive a partial refund. I can't express how disappointed I am in Waterstones. Never Never NEVER AGAIN.

I wish I had worked out something with one of our friends across the pond to pick one up.

Ralph Mulleins
    Ralph, that totally blows. I’m sorry to hear it. It’s unfair as hell that they are making some kind of case by case decision when the constant is Waterstones shitty packaging led to book damage.
    Looking for:

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Mulleins

I won't give up.

Update:

Ralph Mulleins
    Sorry to hear that, Ralph. I was offered the partial refund. Did you provide photos?
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fsmdr View Post

Mulleins

I won't give up.

Update:

Ralph Mulleins
    Sorry to hear that, Ralph. I was offered the partial refund. Did you provide photos?
    I did provide photos. After my email of sharing disappointment one more time they are revisiting the partial refund. More drama to come. For the record, I haven't been mean to them, I've just tried to get the point across that you can't charge $355 for a book that only a few hundred are produced and ship it like its a coloring book.

Mulleins

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

(continued from the thread directly above)....and here is the damage I'm trying to get a partial refund on:

Mulleins

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

(continued from the thread directly above)....and here is the damage I'm trying to get a partial refund on:

Mulleins
    Pulling for ya, Ralph. That crap is unacceptable...no reason they shouldnt partially refund on that sort of shenanigans

Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For the record, I haven't been mean to them, I've just tried to get the point across that you can't charge $355 for a book that only a few hundred are produced and ship it like its a coloring book. Mulleins
    Best analogy yet of their shipping practices.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am looking to acquire 1-2 Sleeping Beauties UK S/Ls. Contact me at david@bettsbooks.com please

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast