Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Beauties UK S/L - Get it quick!

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    THanks...Waterston'e (I pre-friggin ordered) sent me 4th printing copies...4 of them...would cost me $100 to ship back....not worth it....a write-off. SIGH
    Man, sorry to hear that David. How the hell is this even possible? Fourth printing, already?

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peripheral View Post
    THanks...Waterston'e (I pre-friggin ordered) sent me 4th printing copies...4 of them...would cost me $100 to ship back....not worth it....a write-off. SIGH
    Man, sorry to hear that David. How the hell is this even possible? Fourth printing, already?
    Probably because of all the collector's trying to get the 5 (9) variants.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The UK 1st printings much be a really small run.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

OK, so on the 29th my tracking said "arrived in country, Kennedy New York."

I just checked the tracking again and the next line above arriving in Kennedy New York says, "Arrived in Country Curitiba" THAT'S IN BRAZIL!!!! I live in Georgia. Like the USA state of Georgia. WTF is going on here?

I am definitely not getting a warm, fuzzy feeling about this. I'm really hoping it's some kind of computer glitch and my "well packaged" book hasn't decided to take a road trip to Brazil.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

UK 1sts are disappearing fast. All stores I went to today had the 4th printings.

Amongst my many orders were 2 from a local branch in Waterstones. Pre-ordered well before the release date. I finally got notification to pick them up today and guess what? - yep - 4th printings.

I declined.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    UK 1sts are disappearing fast. All stores I went to today had the 4th printings.

Amongst my many orders were 2 from a local branch in Waterstones. Pre-ordered well before the release date. I finally got notification to pick them up today and guess what? - yep - 4th printings.

I declined.
    I pre ordered one as well, long before the release date. Got my shipping notification around the same time as the S/L. I supposed I'll get a damaged 4th edition
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So they dont have the animal embroided on them then?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by C1TIZEN_X View Post

I just checked the tracking again and the next line above arriving in Kennedy New York says, "Arrived in Country Curitiba" THAT'S IN BRAZIL!!!! I live in Georgia. Like the USA state of Georgia. WTF is going on here?

I am definitely not getting a warm, fuzzy feeling about this. I'm really hoping it's some kind of computer glitch and my "well packaged" book hasn't decided to take a road trip to Brazil.
    OH NO! I wonder if mine is with yours??

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post

I sure hope not. No sense in more than one taking a road trip to nowhere
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

If anyone is looking for a UK 1st I can check over here. The copy I got last week is a 1st and I'm pretty sure the whole batch the store received are 1sts (and they won't sell out as quickly as in the UK). I can't guarantee I'll be able to find F/F copies, however.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn.. I bet mine is along for the ride as well

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    If anyone is looking for a UK 1st I can check over here. The copy I got last week is a 1st and I'm pretty sure the whole batch the store received are 1sts (and they won't sell out as quickly as in the UK). I can't guarantee I'll be able to find F/F copies, however.
    I may take you up on that offer as soon as I receive my copy to see if it's a 1st or not. I doubt it from some of the comments I've seen on here.
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Cover price for the book itself is less than $30, but shipping from the Netherlands to the US will most likely be another $30. If that is okay with you, let me know and I'll try to find you a nice copy.

Country
    Country Flag

I may take you up on that offer as soon as I receive my copy to see if it's a 1st or not. I doubt it from some of the comments I've seen on here.
    I may have an extra UK regular 1st. Will know once I receive all my orders.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I should have 8 copies arriving today if Becca can't help you out and if they're actual 1st printings. No intend to cut you out of the loop, Michaël.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

Apparently they are ignoring my emails has I have sent 3 in as many days, inquiring if they tried to push payment through again as I requested. My order was for a member here but we both have thrown in the towel and said, Screw It. I did send off one last email thanking them for their consideration of the matter.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

Apparently they are ignoring my emails has I have sent 3 in as many days, inquiring if they tried to push payment through again as I requested. My order was for a member here but we both have thrown in the towel and said, Screw It. I did send off one last email thanking them for their consideration of the matter.
    Waterstones has a PhD in jackassery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Waterstones has a PhD in jackassery
    +1!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    I should have 8 copies arriving today if Becca can't help you out and if they're actual 1st printings. No intend to cut you out of the loop, Michaël.
    No worries! As long as our friends here get the books they need I'm a happy camper (whether or not I have anything to do with it haha).

Well, I guess I should have been okay with my copy being in Brazil. Go figure, I had a package waiting for me when I got home from work. I swear, the box it was in is even thinner than the BCE edition packaging. One end was open, not loose, OPEN. I could see the book without even having to pick up the box. I'm surprised it ever made it to my house.

Needless to say, it fits into the "damaged on arrival" category. Both the slip case and book are in less than perfect shape. It's too late to call Waterhead's, but I did file a complaint online. I got the, "thanks for taking the time to get in touch" automated email with a case number. I guess I'll wait and see what they say, if anything. Not really much I can do. It's not like there are replacements available.
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

How can any business cammand high-end prices and ship it like it's a low-end piece of trash? Fukinbullshit.

Hope they sort it out for you Joe... I wonder what their options are, given it's a limited. Have they offered replacements in the past?

How can any business cammand high-end prices and shipping it like it's a low-end piece of trash? Fukinbullshit.

Hope they sort it out for you Joe... I wonder what their options are, given it's a limited. Have they offered replacements in the past?
    This is my first time dealing with them on an issue like this, so I don't know what they've done in the past. I'm going to call them tomorrow, but I do not think they can even offer a replacement. The fact that it sold out within hours I doubt they even have any replacements to offer. I don't know how many books arrived damaged, but there are a lot of copies that arrived in the US that sustained varying degrees of damage. Very disheartening.

Not that I was even looking to sell my copy, but if I did decide to sell down the road I don't even know what it would be worth now.
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

How can any business cammand high-end prices and shipping it like it's a low-end piece of trash? Fukinbullshit.

I wonder what their options are, given it's a limited. Have they offered replacements in the past?
    Probably not much. I think they offered some replacements with UTD(at least in some instances to my recollection). From other member's interactions, it sounds like thats not the case with SB

Well, I guess I should have been okay with my copy being in Brazil. Go figure, I had a package waiting for me when I got home from work. I swear, the box it was in is even thinner than the BCE edition packaging. One end was open, not loose, OPEN. I could see the book without even having to pick up the box. I'm surprised it ever made it to my house.

Needless to say, it fits into the "damaged on arrival" category. Both the slip case and book are in less than perfect shape. It's too late to call Waterhead's, but I did file a complaint online. I got the, "thanks for taking the time to get in touch" automated email with a case number. I guess I'll wait and see what they say, if anything. Not really much I can do. It's not like there are replacements available.
    Sorry man, that is lame as hell. I'm sure my copy will suffer the same fate, and im hopeful yet doubtful about Waterstones ability to rectify

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I got an email back from Waterstones today and was offered the option to either send the book back or get a £50 partial refund. Needless to say, I chose the partial refund. We'll see if it comes through. Anybody else get something similar?
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Ready for some more bad news VJ BOOKS & Owen did not meet up on Tuesday so it looks like these books will have tipped in signatures.They are only getting 32 U.K. books (SOLD OUT) when I heard from them today they only have gotten one box (8 books All 1st editions all MOTH covers) hopefully the other 3 boxes will have the variant covers & also be 1st editions.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast