Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Beauties UK S/L - Get it quick!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I think I would rather have a scuffed book than no book. I still haven't seen anything on USPS, which worries me because it tracks everything that's on it's way to you with your address. I see everything else I've ordered. So if mine is lost, I guess there is no hope of getting a replacement?

Still hoping I'm overreacting but most everyone seems to have gotten theirs.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Well, I think I would rather have a scuffed book than no book. I still haven't seen anything on USPS, which worries me because it tracks everything that's on it's way to you with your address. I see everything else I've ordered. So if mine is lost, I guess there is no hope of getting a replacement?

I even got mine Friday and I am in Canada... that does seem long Becca...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I still havent either..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Load up the Spaceship with the Rocket Fuel

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I just think it's really weird. And I'm on the East Coast, so you would think it would be here by now. Plus not having a tracking number.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post

I still havent either..

Did you have a tracking number on your order?

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I still havent either..

Did you have a tracking number on your order?
    Yeah i got tracking. Shipping confirmation on 26th. Last update on the 28th in the UK "on its way to NY). USPS side just shows "pre shipment". I know there are others that didnt get tracking, but the book just showed up. Honestly, i figured we would have received them by now (going off of others like you mentioned)

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Here's mine:

Yep, scuffed and actual book corner marked.

My phone call didn't go well either. Here is roughly what was said back to me:

"I can only apologise for this happening, I have passed this over to the warehouse as they were informed by multiple colleagues of mine to make sure these were packaged carefully as to not damage them.

Unfortunately these are all now sold out. Again, sorry."

So, this is my last book ordered from Waterstone. Very disappointed.

Mulleins
    Wow, that’s it? I haven’t gotten a response to my message and now it sounds like calling is just about as useful as not getting a reply to that email. Waterstones has definitely seen its last dollar from me.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by firemonkey66 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Here's mine:

Yep, scuffed and actual book corner marked.

My phone call didn't go well either. Here is roughly what was said back to me:

"I can only apologise for this happening, I have passed this over to the warehouse as they were informed by multiple colleagues of mine to make sure these were packaged carefully as to not damage them.

Unfortunately these are all now sold out. Again, sorry."

So, this is my last book ordered from Waterstone. Very disappointed.

Mulleins
    Wow, that’s it? I haven’t gotten a response to my message and now it sounds like calling is just about as useful as not getting a reply to that email. Waterstones has definitely seen its last dollar from me.
    No reply to my email either. I see not how pointless contacting them would be.
    WANTED:

Lettered Danse Macabre
    Marshroots
    Lettered Eyes Of The Dragon
    Lettered The Stand
    BOMC signed Full Dark No Stars
    MM AGOT #249
    Lettered Frankenstein

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I still havent either..
    You're P.O. eats UK editions though, Chad
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Related question....I just got 4 UK copies of the trade hardcover but copyright page has a "4" on every one. I'm assuming I got 4th printings? How is that possible? I think returning will be a nightmare.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Related question....I just got 4 UK copies of the trade hardcover but copyright page has a "4" on every one. I'm assuming I got 4th printings? How is that possible? I think returning will be a nightmare.
    Where did you order them from, David? I ordered 8 from UK Amazon that are due in tomorrow. I'll be sure to check that out!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

I assume that there is also no image under the DJ?

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

I still havent either..
    You're P.O. eats UK editions though, Chad
    Good point

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

All the Uk editions regardless of where I purchased (Waterstones,WH Smith, Tesco, Asda, etc) all had full number lines beginning with ‘1’. Looks like you have 4th printings.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    All the Uk editions regardless of where I purchased (Waterstones,WH Smith, Tesco, Asda, etc) all had full number lines beginning with ‘1’. Looks like you have 4th printings.

Simon, my copies just have "1" with no full number lines. Is that what you meant?

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

OK, so my S/L has arrived in Australia. Same deal as others - just a shrink wrapped book in an oversized, corner battered box in which it was able to freely slide around while flying across the Indian Ocean. The shrink wrap was covered in scuffs but, thankfully and shockingly, the book and slipcase are in perfect shape.

U.K. 1st EDITION COPYRIGHT PAGE.

U.K. S/L COPYRIGHT PAGE

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by The Library Policeman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post

Simon, my copies just have "1" with no full number lines. Is that what you meant?
    Yes, just the single ‘1’ my bad. (I had just updated the catalog for the US edition and got confused!)
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

I received my S/L copy today. Same thin cardboard envelope with absolutely no padding inside. The book was literally sliding around in there. The shrink wrap is not torn except for a tiny tear on one corner, but it looks like the slipcase corners underneath might be a bit scuffed. No obvious dents, dings or scratches on either slipcase or book, though.

Very poor show for a collectible book. But I think I'll count myself lucky.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    I received my S/L copy today. Same thin cardboard envelope with absolutely no padding inside. The book was literally sliding around in there. The shrink wrap is not torn except for a tiny tear on one corner, but it looks like the slipcase corners underneath might be a bit scuffed. No obvious dents, dings or scratches on either slipcase or book, though.

Very poor show for a collectible book. But I think I'll count myself lucky.
    It appears we all have a little torn plastic Corner both my copies due to I think that's from the shrink wrap process

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post
    U.K. 1st EDITION COPYRIGHT PAGE.

U.K. S/L COPYRIGHT PAGE
    THanks...Waterston'e (I pre-friggin ordered) sent me 4th printing copies...4 of them...would cost me $100 to ship back....not worth it....a write-off. SIGH

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Servant of Gan firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66 has a brilliant future firemonkey66's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

THanks...Waterston'e (I pre-friggin ordered) sent me 4th printing copies...4 of them...would cost me $100 to ship back....not worth it....a write-off. SIGH
    That sucks, David. And it’s not like contacting customer service would help. I’m still waiting for a response about my not-so-rare dinged S/L variant.
    Looking for:
    - Philtrum Press Eyes of the Dragon RED #165
    - Fine Viking Eyes of the Dragon proof

I will never understand how the British learned to count...The way I see it theirs goes 1,4.2.3.5 This is the second time that people getting books from the U.K. received 4th printings shortly (less then a week) after the book was 1st printed. I believe TOMMY got a 4th of CTCC.
    HAS ANYBODY IN THE U.K. SEEN A 2nd OR 3rd PRINTING OF SB OR CTCC?

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Thats a royal PITA David, sorry to hear that. Out of interest does it also omit the "First Hodder Edition September 2017" line?

I don't believe that the First Hodder Edition line has to be removed because it is just stating fact & then lets you know what you now have is a 4th.IMHO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast