Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Beauties Roll Call & Meetup Venues

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

For both NY and Boston, I could meet before or after. I have to be up early the following day for both so would prefer before. Wouldn't be able to make it before around 3:30 though.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For the NYC event I am available to meet before but not sure about after.
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

So for Brooklyn, are you all good with Pre-Meet at Junior's @3:30 & Post-Meet at Custom House Pub (or the farther away Junior's)? That one's coming up pretty soon, so it's getting close to time that someone going makes the executive decision on the location and time. I'm not at that event, but I think that Custom House might make better sense for you for the Post-Meet since you would have to drive or take the bus/subway to get to Junior's. Any better suggestion?

Also, Portland & Sarasota (and a few others) need to be firmed up, though there is more time to do so.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think I'm leaning more towards a pre-evejt meet. Becca, we're leaving around 2, right? So we would probably be there around 4 if traffic is good. What do you think?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I think I'm leaning more towards a pre-evejt meet. Becca, we're leaving around 2, right? So we would probably be there around 4 if traffic is good. What do you think?
    It might be closer to 2:20 if Jacob is coming. I've got to nail him down! If not, we can leave whenever.
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Sleeping Beauties Roll Call & Meetup Venues

I'm fine with a pre- or post-event. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Default Boston Sleeping Beauties Tour Stop - 9/28/2017

If you are attending the Boston tour stop please comment if you would prefer a before/after get together, and the number of people that would be attending with you.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    I'm fine with a pre- or post-event. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
    I like to get the full experience by going to both. By going to the pre-event meeting, you know will get to the event on time; you will have a chance to eat or drink; you will have a chance to relax; you will meet others and tell lies stories. By going to the post-event meeting, you will have a chance to eat or drink; you will have a chance to relax; you will meet others and talk about the event and tell more lies stories; those with signed books can compare signatures and gloat a little.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

October 6th, 2017 Sarasota, FL
    Meetup Place: Duval's Fresh Local Seafood @12:00 - 1:00 ? Tavern On Main Post-Show ? Clasico ?

Attendees:
    Barlow (+2)
    Br!an
    CitizenX (+1)
    Randall Flagg (+1) - Lunch pre & cocktails post
    Roseannebarr (+1)
    Webstar1000 (+1)
    EXPLORER (+1)

I suggest Tavern on Main at ~2-3PM. That gives plenty of time to have fun. The event starts at 6:30 and I'm sure some people want to be there 1+ hours early for seating (stalking...)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    I've got to nail him down! If not, we can leave whenever.
    Yes, do it! Everything depends on it!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Talked to EXPLORER today. Still no power where he is. Running on generator.

Pos wishes to Jim and his significant other.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I have some cool stuff for members who meet up prior to the event.

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Meetup Place: Duval's Fresh Local Seafood @12:00 - 1:00 ? Tavern On Main Post-Show ? Clasico ?

Attendees:
    Barlow (+2)
    Becca69 (+1)
    Br!an
    CitizenX (+1)
    Roseannebarr (+1)
    Webstar1000 (+1)
    EXPLORER (+1)

I suggest Tavern on Main at ~2-3PM. That gives plenty of time to have fun. The event starts at 6:30 and I'm sure some people want to be there 1+ hours early for seating (stalking...)
    That's curious, you click on the Tavern On Main link and it tells you their domain name expired on 9/15/17.

Either way, I'm up for getting together prior to the event. My wife and I were considering driving down from N. Georgia (about 8-9 hour drive) on Friday, but now we may go down Thursday after work and get a hotel.
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by C1TIZEN_X View Post

Attendees:
    Barlow (+2)
    Br!an
    CitizenX (+1)
    Roseannebarr (+1)
    Webstar1000 (+1)
    EXPLORER (+1)

That's curious, you click on the Tavern On Main link and it tells you their domain name expired on 9/15/17.

Either way, I'm up for getting together prior to the event. My wife and I were considering driving down from N. Georgia (about 8-9 hour drive) on Friday, but now we may go down Thursday after work and get a hotel.
    I will not be attending the Sarasota event.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Just spoke to Tavern on Main. They are open, and were grateful to know that they need to renew their domain.

I arrive in Sarasota Wednesday morning 10/4, so I will be checking out the different places nearby the library in person, and I'll report back.

https://www.google.com/search?source....0.CAA3tYZklB4

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear that.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Attendees:
    Barlow (+2)
    Br!an
    CitizenX (+1)
    Roseannebarr (+1)
    Webstar1000 (+1)
    EXPLORER (+1)

Thought you got tickets Becca?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Attendees:
    Barlow (+2)
    Br!an
    CitizenX (+1)
    Roseannebarr (+1)
    Webstar1000 (+1)
    EXPLORER (+1)

Thought you got tickets Becca?
    I did - for my in-laws - but now they can't go. The tickets are now in the hands of another member.

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45 is a splendid one to behold racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

FYI -- I have extra tickets for the NYC event.
    — Roland Deschain

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    FYI -- I have extra tickets for the NYC event.
    So do (did) I.

Gunslinger Apprentice Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha is a jewel in the rough Phalucha's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    October 5th, 2017 Toronto, ON Attendees:

Phalucha
    Surly ?
    Tony
    Webstar1000
    My wife will be with me here too. I am good with meeting up for sure
    Me too- with my wife Sue. Looking forward to it.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    So for Brooklyn, are you all good with Pre-Meet at Junior's @3:30 & Post-Meet at Custom House Pub (or the farther away Junior's)? That one's coming up pretty soon, so it's getting close to time that someone going makes the executive decision on the location and time. I'm not at that event, but I think that Custom House might make better sense for you for the Post-Meet since you would have to drive or take the bus/subway to get to Junior's. Any better suggestion?

Also, Portland & Sarasota (and a few others) need to be firmed up, though there is more time to do so.
    Talked to EXPLORER today. Still no power where he is. Running on generator.

Pos wishes to Jim and his significant other.
    Thanks for all the positive thoughts.... we came through IRMA better than some and far better than many caught by HARVEY & MARIA. Once power came back to all but 9 in our community, I decided our adventure was on. flew to NY yesterday. Old friends picked us up at airport provided a fine meal last night and have tickets for Broadway show tonight starring another old classmate Patti Lupone. So far so glad to be away from FL.
    .......... SO, NOW.... WHERE/what IS this "JUNIORS" you speak of? Looking forward to meeting old and new member friends. Deanna and I will HAVE some time to wander and Check out things. Eventually staying at AIRBNB 2 blocks from ST ANNS

'
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Country
    Country Flag

Here's the Junior's address: 386 Flatbush Ave Ext, Brooklyn, NY 11201

They have burgers, sandwiches, "diner" food. I only threw it out there as a suggestion so if anyone else has other ideas/places to suggest, feel free. There's a few other restaurants in the vicinity of the church that look pretty good also. If none of them look good, there's also a Chuck E Cheese nearby.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

So I just stopped in and had a beer at The Custom House. I think it is a good spot to meet up at before the event.
    — Roland Deschain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast