Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Sleeping Beauties Roll Call & Meetup Venues

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry that it didn't seem to work out there. I was hoping that this thread would lead to some ease in people meeting up, but of course there isn't any guarantee given how varied each event is and everyone's differing travel plans.

Perhaps each group could PM each other, share phone #'s, plans, etc. so that people don't go if there isn't going to be anyone else there.

Glad that you got a signed book, Hans!

Gunslinger Apprentice ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Default 9/28 Newton Mass!

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by racerx45 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky View Post
    I'm across from the hat-peeker (black SK shirt).

Really awesome time yesterday. It also made it pretty stress-free that the church, Custom House, and our parking were on the same street. It was great meeting some new members and talking King (and, of course, Twilight Zone diner ). Like some others said, the church was pretty hot (we all felt pretty sweaty and gross), but I think about 95% of the stories and Owen-Stephen banter was stuff I hadn't heard before, which was nice: what it was like to collaborate, stories about the Kings' Halloweens, Owen's frozen GI Joe's, how Stephen manages to keep track of all his characters and not repeat (asked by Owen. He said they're all different, but Stephen modestly shook it off saying he was sure there were various archetypes he's used). Audience questions included: if they still deal with doubting themselves though they're successful, if they asked their wives for input for SB's female characters, who would play SK in a movie (Owen said Bill Hader from SNL, who does a great impression). I think it helped that neither needed to have anything "prepared" because they were really in conversation with each other. They both seemed pretty comfortable and I think they would've kept going had they not been cut off almost right on the 1-hour mark.

As for signed books...

We had plan A, B, and C, but they were all thwarted when we weren't allowed to pick from the stacks. I asked if I could but the girl told me no (a little too happily, like, I know what you're trying to do). I had two tickets so got two books. I opened the first and it wasn't signed, then opened the second and it also wasn't signed...until I noticed a weird marking that I thought was part of the title page. That's odd, I thought before realizing it was Owen's signature (I hadn't seen his in a while). And if Owen signed it...

I scanned the page in a nanosecond before seeing Stephen's signature above...and commenced freaking out. Disappointment to resignation to joy/book collector high in a matter of seconds.

You could tell who got signed copies by the people squealing on the sidewalk and I felt like Charlie trying to keep down his excitement when he found the Golden Ticket because so many people wanted it.

Great night, great event, great member meet-up. Got home at 2:30am and went to bed at 3:00am. Got 4 hours of sleep (and my alarm didn't go off for work, but thankfully I woke up without it) and am wondering how I'm still functioning.

EDIT: Found it, Becca. $16.99 w/ free shipping:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/My-Life-is-W...T1SmC0MFYLbyZA
    Great recap. The only thing you left out was the Red Velvet Cake.
    I totally missed your post Ricky. Weirdest. Diner. Ever.

And I need your email Steve
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    September 28th, 2017 Newton Centre, MA
    Meetup Place: Union Street Restaurant And Bar ?

Attendees:
    Cit74 (+3) - Pre.
    Cymru3
    Explorer (+1)
    Heather19
    KingFan24 (+1) - Pre and/or post.
    Surly
    Zelig - Pre (Preferred)(@3:30 PM) and/or Post
    ZombieElvis (+1)
    We are at Union Street at the bar and find no others. Some are out by Church. Beautiful weather.
    Should have pm'd you when my plans changed. Think that's where me and my mom had dinner before the event. Was it right above the T-stop? We probably crossed paths. I posted a picture from the event last night in the other thread. Hope everyone had a great time!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

Attendees:
    Cit74 (+3) - Pre.
    Cymru3
    Explorer (+1)
    Heather19
    Surly
    ZombieElvis (+1)
    We are at Union Street at the bar and find no others. Some are out by Church. Beautiful weather.
    Should have pm'd you when my plans changed. Think that's where me and my mom had dinner before the event. Was it right above the T-stop? We probably crossed paths. I posted a picture from the event last night in the other thread. Hope everyone had a great time!
    Union Street Rest & Bar was not the one right above T however we did walk over there too when did not find anyone at Union Street. I was wearing Mr Mercedes smiley shirt with white shirt open over it figuring that might inspire conversation or recognition from DTers. After event dined at COMEDOR outside street-side table hoping would see others. About had to pass us if going to Union Street or to T. We were with old friends (one on crutches).
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Attendees:
    Cit74 (+3) - Pre.
    Cymru3
    Explorer (+1)
    Heather19
    Surly
    ZombieElvis (+1)
    Union Street Rest & Bar was not the one right above T however we did walk over there too when did not find anyone at Union Street. I was wearing Mr Mercedes smiley shirt with white shirt open over it figuring that might inspire conversation or recognition from DTers. After event dined at COMEDOR outside street-side table hoping would see others. About had to pass us if going to Union Street or to T. We were with old friends (one on crutches).
    Oh ok, we were at a different restaurant. I've been to Boston so many times but never to Newton Center. Looks like a cute little town. Wish we could have spent more time there and checked out the stores and restaurants but I was with my mom who is still recovering from a bad car accident, so we couldn't walk very far. Thank goodness the T was close to the church.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Attendees:
    Cit74 (+3) - Pre.
    Cymru3
    Explorer (+1)
    Heather19
    Surly
    ZombieElvis (+1)
    Oh ok, we were at a different restaurant. I've been to Boston so many times but never to Newton Center. Looks like a cute little town. Wish we could have spent more time there and checked out the stores and restaurants but I was with my mom who is still recovering from a bad car accident, so we couldn't walk very far. Thank goodness the T was close to the church.
    It was a great event, glad you both wound up with signed copies and hope Mom enjoyed it as well.

T.S. Eliot -

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Doesn't look like any members are in Naperville.

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
    September 30th, 2017 Milwaukee, WI
    Meetup Place: Safehouse ?

Attendees:
    AMD013 (+1)
    BDwyer19 (+2)
    GSVEC (+2)
    RichardsRareBooks (+1)
    Scoogs (+?)
    Meeting at the Safehouse before or after?
    Hi Scoogs, my friend said he is up for anything. I think we will probably go there for dinner before the event. We could also go there after the event too if others are going.
    Not sure what time we would be there.

Is anyone else interested?
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I stopped by Trailhead Brewing Co tonight on my way into St. Charles(St. Louis). It looks fine for a Sunday lunchtime (12-2) meetup. However, afterward, Tubby's will not be serving any food when we get out, and it is extremely smoky in there, so can I suggest that we just use a nearby Waffle House or White Castle (or does anyone have a suggestion) afterwards?

Gunslinger Apprentice TacomaDiver will become famous soon enough TacomaDiver will become famous soon enough

October 3rd, 2017 Portland, OR
    Meetup Place: Bailey's Taproom ?

Attendees:
    JReitan47 (+3) - Probably can't meet up.
    MLG
    NeedfulKings (+1)
    RC65 - Probably can't meet up.
    Tacoma Diver (+1) - Maybe meet up.
    We are definitely a go for this.

Driving from Tacoma - leaving here at about 2:00 and it'll be about 2.5 hours, so we will be in the area by 4:30 and will probably grab some foods (since Bailey's doesn't have food - but you can bring in your own) and just hang out there until it's time to leave.

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

I won't be meeting up but have fun tonight! Bringing my 1st SHINING 'just' in case I run into him to get it signed. Bringing three friends who say they'll give up their signed copy in case I don't get one.
    ~Jonathan

Gunslinger Apprentice TacomaDiver will become famous soon enough TacomaDiver will become famous soon enough

That's why GF is going - but she better give up her copy if she wins. Or else . . .

Quote Originally Posted by jreitan47 View Post
    I won't be meeting up but have fun tonight! Bringing my 1st SHINING 'just' in case I run into him to get it signed. Bringing three friends who say they'll give up their signed copy in case I don't get one.

That's why GF is going - but she better give up her copy if she wins. Or else . . .

Quote Originally Posted by jreitan47 View Post

Citizen of Gilead jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47 is just really nice jreitan47's Avatar

Apparently he's roaming around downtown Portland at the moment. Have already received text's from friends who work downtown that they've said HI to him and one said his friend got a pic with him. I think he's staying near Powells Bookstore...I'm half tempted to see if he's gone in to sign some books while he was there.
    ~Jonathan

My GF and I are at Bailey’s. Not crowded but not a lot of room either We are sitting on the left hand side of the bar. Shaved head and wearing my Calvin and Hobbes style Pennywise shirt.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    My GF and I are at Bailey’s. Not crowded but not a lot of room either We are sitting on the left hand side of the bar. Shaved head and wearing my Calvin and Hobbes style Pennywise shirt.
    BLUE JEANS?

T.S. Eliot -

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

October 5th, 2017 Toronto, ON
    Meetup Place: Duke Of York Pub ?

Attendees:
    Phalucha (+1) Pre and/or Post
    Surly
    Tony
    Webstar1000 (+1) Pre and/or Post
    Do we have a game plan for tomorrow? The Duke is a good choice; its an English style pub on a quiet street right around the corner from the venue. Seating for the event is assigned, so hopefully that means there won't be any line-ups to deal with and we can meet up before. I can probably be there any time after 5:30 ish. Any suggestions on how we find each other? Anyone else attending?
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Country
    Country Flag

You should try to PM each other. Also when you arrive, just leave word with the host/hostess that they should send "Dark Tower" people to you, or something like that. It shouldn't be too tough as long as some of you go. Have a good time
    WANTED
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio (or the #95 IT to swap for the #92 that I have)
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance Edition
    Any #7 PS Publishing Edition
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

Quote Originally Posted by TacomaDiver View Post
    BLUE JEANS?
    More than likely. Day late and many dollars short.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

So Sarasota is tomorrow!

What's up?
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    So Sarasota is tomorrow!

What's up?
    Details can be found in thread:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...and-King-Event!

See Jerome's message , "Reservations for 12+ are made starting at 2pm Friday. Since I doubt everyone will be there at the same time, I reserved a high-top table right in the front of the place.

Patrick's 1481

Map:
    [url]https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Selb...7!2d27.3367146[/url
    ] "

T.S. Eliot -

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just got back from Owen King's Q&A / Book Signing at Blackwell's Books in London this evening which was attended by around 50 people.

Owen came across a really friendly, down to earth guy.

I was able to get my copy of Sleeping Beauties signed and he answered two of my questions - how long it look to write SB (10 months) and if they considered any alternative titles for the book (no).

Now I just have to get his collaborator to also sign the book!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7