Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleeping Beauties Roll Call & Meetup Venues

Hybrid View

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Sleeping Beauties Roll Call & Meetup Venues

Event Info:
    September 26th, 2017 New York City - St. Ann’s and the Holy Trinity Church
    September 27th, 2017 Annandale-on-Hudson, NY - The Fisher Center for the Performing Arts at Bard
    September 28th, 2017 Newton Centre, MA - First Baptist Church of Newton
    September 29th, 2017 Naperville, IL - Residence Hall/Recreation Center on the campus of North Central College
    September 30th, 2017 Milwaukee, WI - The Riverside Theater
    October 1st, 2017 St. Louis, MO - J. Scheidegger Center for the Arts at Lindenwood University
    October 2nd, 2017 Missoula, MT - Dennison Theatre
    October 3rd, 2017 Portland, OR - Newmark Theatre

October 5th, 2017 Toronto, ON - Koerner Hall
    October 6th, 2017 Sarasota - Selby Public Library

I'm watching this thread to try to keep it up to date with the people and places that you make mention of. If noone has made any comments, I just added a close by pub of some sort that seemed like it would be open before and after the show. I'll replace these with better suggestions as they are made.

These meetups might change up to the day of the event, so keep an eye on whatever shows that you'll be going to. If you have suggestions for improvements, let me know.

Demon of the Prim TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi is a splendid one to behold TCCBodhi's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

September 26th, 2017 New York City Attendees:
    Meetup Place: Pre: Custom House Pub at around 4 PM. Post:Junior's (Meet first in front of church perhaps?).

Becca69 (+2) Pre (@4:00 PM) and/or Post.
    Beverly Marsh (+1) - Unsure if able to meetup.
    Explorer (+1)
    Lilja
    Phalucha (+1)
    RacerX45 - Pre, but unsure if Post will work.
    Ricky
    Zelig - Pre (Preferred)(@3:30 PM) and/or Post

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by TCCBodhi View Post
    Meetup Place: Custom House Pub? Ricky's?

Becca69
    Beverly Marsh
    Explorer (+1)
    Lilja
    Phalucha (+1)
    RacerX45
    Ricky
    Zelig
    That should be Junior's, not Ricky's
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by becca69 View Post
    Pretty funny. It was getting pretty late when I did that. I see where I got Ricky's from. LOL. "Ricky's" certainly didn't look like a normal meetup place, but I figured someone knew better than I did. Thanks for the correction.

Did you guess it was me? becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69 people like to rub elbows with me becca69's Avatar

The First Level of Hell - It's got a great view!
    Country
    Country Flag

Pretty funny. It was getting pretty late when I did that. I see where I got Ricky's from. LOL. "Ricky's" certainly didn't look like a normal meetup place, but I figured someone knew better than I did. Thanks for the correction.
    I figured. And I'm (+2)
    Wanted: Human skin edition of The Book of the Dead. Will accept PC copy.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I figured. And I'm (+2)
    Steve and Jacob coming? It's gonna be a party car.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Country
    Country Flag

Meetup Place: Pre: Custom House Pub at around 4 PM. Post:Junior's (Meet first in front of church perhaps?).

Becca69 (+2) Pre (@4:00 PM) and/or Post.
    Beverly Marsh (+1) - Unsure if able to meetup.
    Explorer (+1)
    Lilja
    Phalucha (+1)
    RacerX45 - Pre, but unsure if Post will work.
    Ricky
    Here are the people that have mentioned that they were attending. They currently plan to meet before at Custom House at @4:00, and afterwards at Junior's (meeting briefly outside to carpool or ride together first).

Country
    Country Flag

September 27th, 2017 Annandale-on-Hudson, NY Attendees:
    Meetup Place: Traghaven Whiskey Pub ?

RichardX (+?)

Country
    Country Flag

September 28th, 2017 Newton Centre, MA
    Meetup Place: Union Street Restaurant And Bar ?

Attendees:
    Cit74 (+3) - Pre.
    Cymru3
    Explorer (+1)
    Heather19
    KingFan24 (+1) - Pre and/or post.
    Surly
    ZombieElvis (+1)

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

September 28th, 2017 Newton Centre, MA Attendees:

Cit74 (+3)
    Cymru3
    Explorer (+1)
    Heather19
    KingFan24
    Randall Flagg (+9)?
    Surly
    Zelig
    I'll be a plus one for the meetup.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

Cit74 (+3)
    Cymru3
    Explorer (+1)
    Heather19
    KingFan24
    Randall Flagg (+9)?
    Surly
    Zelig
    My wife is my plus 1 and we also will have 2 old friends from Boston join us.

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post

Cit74 (+3)
    Cymru3
    Explorer (+1)
    Heather19
    KingFan24
    Randall Flagg (+9)?
    Surly
    Zelig
    My wife is my plus 1 and we also will have 2 old friends from Boston join us.
    So who is available for the Boston meetup? Would people prefer before or after the event (or both)?

Gunslinger Apprentice ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Default also attending the Sept. 27th Newton Mass event!

Attendees:
    Cit74 (+3)
    Cymru3
    Explorer (+1)
    Heather19
    KingFan24 (+1)
    Randall Flagg (+9)?
    Surly
    Zelig
    can i crash this party? attending the signing with a plus 1!

~ i know a small group of like minded collectors also attending, and we were looking for a place to meet up before the event

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Attendees:
    Cit74 (+3)
    Cymru3
    Explorer (+1)
    Heather19
    KingFan24 (+1)
    Randall Flagg (+9)?
    Surly
    Zelig
    ZombieElvis (+1)

Scratch Flagg

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Attendees:
    Cit74 (+3) - Pre.
    Cymru3
    Explorer (+1)
    Heather19
    Surly
    ZombieElvis (+1)
    We are at Union Street at the bar and find no others. Some are out by Church. Beautiful weather.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Gunslinger Apprentice ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis has a spectacular aura about ZombieElvis's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Attendees:
    Cit74 (+3) - Pre.
    Cymru3
    Explorer (+1)
    Heather19
    Surly
    ZombieElvis (+1)
    We are at Union Street at the bar and find no others. Some are out by Church. Beautiful weather.
    went to Union st after signing, asked everyone with a copy of Sleeping Beauties if they were from DTdotORG , i guess some of you went there before the signing instead. oh well. sorry if i missed all of you! what a great time!
    and yes, i got a signed book!
    ~Hans

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Attendees:
    Cit74 (+3) - Pre.
    Cymru3
    Explorer (+1)
    Heather19
    Surly
    ZombieElvis (+1)
    Should have pm'd you when my plans changed. Think that's where me and my mom had dinner before the event. Was it right above the T-stop? We probably crossed paths. I posted a picture from the event last night in the other thread. Hope everyone had a great time!
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

Attendees:
    Cit74 (+3) - Pre.
    Cymru3
    Explorer (+1)
    Heather19
    Surly
    ZombieElvis (+1)
    Should have pm'd you when my plans changed. Think that's where me and my mom had dinner before the event. Was it right above the T-stop? We probably crossed paths. I posted a picture from the event last night in the other thread. Hope everyone had a great time!
    Union Street Rest & Bar was not the one right above T however we did walk over there too when did not find anyone at Union Street. I was wearing Mr Mercedes smiley shirt with white shirt open over it figuring that might inspire conversation or recognition from DTers. After event dined at COMEDOR outside street-side table hoping would see others. About had to pass us if going to Union Street or to T. We were with old friends (one on crutches).
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post

Attendees:
    Cit74 (+3) - Pre.
    Cymru3
    Explorer (+1)
    Heather19
    Surly
    ZombieElvis (+1)
    Union Street Rest & Bar was not the one right above T however we did walk over there too when did not find anyone at Union Street. I was wearing Mr Mercedes smiley shirt with white shirt open over it figuring that might inspire conversation or recognition from DTers. After event dined at COMEDOR outside street-side table hoping would see others. About had to pass us if going to Union Street or to T. We were with old friends (one on crutches).
    Oh ok, we were at a different restaurant. I've been to Boston so many times but never to Newton Center. Looks like a cute little town. Wish we could have spent more time there and checked out the stores and restaurants but I was with my mom who is still recovering from a bad car accident, so we couldn't walk very far. Thank goodness the T was close to the church.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

September 29th, 2017 Naperville, IL
    Meetup Place: Empire Burgers & Brew ?

Attendees:

Country
    Country Flag

September 30th, 2017 Milwaukee, WI
    Meetup Place: Safehouse ?

Attendees:
    AMD013 (+1)
    BDwyer19 (+2) - Can't meetup.
    GSVEC (+2)
    RichardsRareBooks (+1)
    Scroogs (+?)

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Meetup Place: Miller Time Pub & Grill ?

Attendees:
    AMD13 (+1)
    BDwyer19 (+2)
    GSVEC (+2)
    RichardsRareBooks (+1)
    Scroogs (+?)
    I will be traveling from TX to a friends house in Chicago. He'll be joining me, he has read maybe 10-20 king books (mostly borrowed from me). I will be at his mercy since I don't plan on renting a car, but I will try to talk him into going to any meetup we have before the talk.

An alternate location would be http://www.safe-house.com/. It is very close to the theater (walking distance). In fact my friend and I went there before going to see "The ghost brothers of Darkland county" at the pabst theater several years ago. It's a very interesting place. If you don't know the password they will make you do silly things to "prove" you are not an enemy spy. (you will be on camera for other customers to watch).

Mike
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Meetup Place: Miller Time Pub & Grill ?

Attendees:
    AMD13 (+1)
    BDwyer19 (+2)
    GSVEC (+2)
    RichardsRareBooks (+1)
    Scroogs (+?)
    I will be traveling from TX to a friends house in Chicago. He'll be joining me, he has read maybe 10-20 king books (mostly borrowed from me). I will be at his mercy since I don't plan on renting a car, but I will try to talk him into going to any meetup we have before the talk.

An alternate location would be http://www.safe-house.com/. It is very close to the theater (walking distance). In fact my friend and I went there before going to see "The ghost brothers of Darkland county" at the pabst theater several years ago. It's a very interesting place. If you don't know the password they will make you do silly things to "prove" you are not an enemy spy. (you will be on camera for other customers to watch).

Mike
    Will you be going to the Naperville show too?

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

No, my friend prefered Milwaukee since he lives in Wilmette IL, which is north of Chicago, so trafic is better, plus Saturday night was better. After hearing about the venue for Naperville, glad we made that choice.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

World Leader Pretend Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs is a splendid one to behold Scoogs's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Meetup Place: Safehouse ?

Attendees:
    AMD013 (+1)
    BDwyer19 (+2)
    GSVEC (+2)
    RichardsRareBooks (+1)
    Scoogs (+?)
    Meeting at the Safehouse before or after?
    Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast