Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: Frondz

Gunslinger Apprentice Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Book Collection: Frondz

I've only been a member for a short time, but am amazed by all of your collections, and especially by your responsiveness to questions/comments made by folks on the forum. This is a pretty great resource, and I'm happy to be a part of the circle, so to speak. I thought I'd share my modest SK holdings with y'all. I am more of an accumulator than a collector; I have a few thousand other books, and I tend to wander here and there when making purchases. In other words, this collection is by no means complete, but it is where I started my journey several years ago. Reading SK always feels like home to me.

Gunslinger Apprentice Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz has a spectacular aura about Frondz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Early Doubleday editions. Real peach here is Night Shift. The others are a bit rough. And...sadly there is a BIG hole to fill. Help, anyone??

Country
    Country Flag

DT. Just acquired The Gunslinger, Drawing of the Three, and the artist edition of Wolves of the Calla.

Country
    Country Flag

Other goodies: Secretary of Dreams 2 gift edition on the far left. Too tall to stand up - (floor to ceiling books...).
    Firestarter book club is signed.

Country
    Country Flag

A few others. Very nice first UK of IT. I LOVE The Shape Under the Sheet - what a great production, and contains a nice crossover signature of one of my other collected authors, Joe R. Lansdale.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

NICE STUFF!!!!!! WELCOME
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Country
    Country Flag

Tommyknockers proof. Somewhat uncommon.

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you for sharing. Looks like you have great collection.

Country
    Country Flag

11/22/63, signed by King at the Dallas event, sitting next to a fairly nice copy of The Bachman Books. You may ask: "Why in this order?" Well...I tend to shift books around a lot to make room for, you guessed it, more books. So the fewer books I have to move, the better. Things tend to get out of order that way. Can some of you relate??

Country
    Country Flag

Signed Insomnia print. Yet to be framed: Rock Bottom Remainders signed lithograph. The caricatures are kinda cool, but I mostly just like this group of signatures all together.

Country
    Country Flag

EARLY SK, and also somewhat tough to find. Contraband 2. Would love to add the first issue someday.

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Nope, all of my books are in order, so there!

Seriously, nice stuff.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lookin' good: like what I see here!!

sk

Goldmember Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future Kingfan24 has a brilliant future

My Mood
    Inspired

Good stuff! I have an issue of contraband 1 signed by Jim bishop and burton hatlen

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

NICE STUFF !!!

Citizen of Gilead surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly is a jewel in the rough surly's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Couple of nice signatures you've got there. I love the 80's ones.
    "When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes."
    Desiderius Erasmus Roterodamus

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Nope, all of my books are in order, so there!

Seriously, nice stuff.
    Ha! Fair enough. I know SK collectors can be a bit....obsessive.
    And thank you!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfan24 View Post
    Good stuff! I have an issue of contraband 1 signed by Jim bishop and burton hatlen
    Wow! That sounds like a nice piece. Did you get either of them to sign it, or did you buy it that way? Pretty damn cool either way.

Country
    Country Flag

A few more items of interest. First, Bachman paperbacks. Missing...of course, Rage. The Long Walk, though a little worn, I did score at a pb swap store for a couple bucks.
    King etc. is an interesting little freebie of excerpts from King books done by the Books etc. bookstore in London, 1998. In the Justin Brooks bibliography, A64. Contains (I believe?) a pre-pub excerpt from Bag of Bones.

Country
    Country Flag

F&SF mag with the original, serial version of The Gunslinger.

Country
    Country Flag

A rather worn, first pocket book edition of Cell, signed. I actually really enjoyed reading Cell.

Country
    Country Flag

S/L SK anthos.

Country
    Country Flag

A must-have DT piece. First appearance of "The Tale of Gray Dick." McSweeney's issue 10 was later printed as a paperback, but the original only went out to subscribers. Funny note, it is "Grey" in the table of contents, and "Gray" on the title page. "Gray" is the spelling throughout the story. Not terribly hard to find online, but oddly I've found 2 copies in thrift stores over the years.

Manni Folken The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman people like to rub elbows with me The Library Policeman's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Some great stuff and always a treat to see a new collection thread. I have one of those King etc. books signed by the man himself. Nice little book

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast