Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: 2017 SECRET SANTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Where's the Neg Rep button? Boo, RF. Boo.
    It's the six sided star beneath my member info. Feel free to use it.

Every year I get a complaint or two from recipients about what they feel was a poor gift (bdwyer didn't bitch to me). I don't participate in the SS, I just am the person who gets all the complaints, and sometimes I feel compelled to say something.
    This thread is about Christmas. I find it very odd you felt the need to publicly call out someone's gift. You're comments are defiantly not in the vein of Christmas but rather in the vain of the Grinch. Are you by chance upset you didn't play along as well? I just cannot nail down why you would want to make someone feel bad about the gifts they got someone... What if that person had made it themselves and were proud of it? I gave Brian that gift as you damm well know Jerome. As does Brian. The three gifts I gave cost me over $200US with shipping. Brain wanted those gifts and I was sly to find that out and exited to give them. I got the cases and was disappointed in them myself as the case maker messed up and for the crunch of time sent them along anyways. In turn, I had a time line to meet and had to rush my package to Brian, arriving the 18th in fact. Just under the wire. As disappointed as I am in the cases I am MORE disappointed in RF for feeling the need to hurt someones feelings and belittle them during this special time of year.

I will no longer be making a thread for Secret Santa. I will no longer be participating either. I fear if I do not meet some's level of 'gift expected-ness' I will be made to feel as I do right now. I do not want to feel like shit at Christmas. I guess from the owner of the site I would have expected more. Ba-hum bug RF.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

OK. Back to the fun. Looking forward to seeing what people got. Congratulations stroppy. NOS4A2 is a good novel.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

Every year I get a complaint or two from recipients about what they feel was a poor gift (bdwyer didn't bitch to me). I don't participate in the SS, I just am the person who gets all the complaints, and sometimes I feel compelled to say something.
    This thread is about Christmas. I find it very odd you felt the need to publicly call out someone's gift. You're comments are defiantly not in the vein of Christmas but rather in the vain of the Grinch. Are you by chance upset you didn't play along as well? I just cannot nail down why you would want to make someone feel bad about the gifts they got someone... What if that person had made it themselves and were proud of it? I gave Brian that gift as you damm well know Jerome. As does Brian. The three gifts I gave cost me over $200US with shipping. Brain wanted those gifts and I was sly to find that out and exited to give them. I got the cases and was disappointed in them myself as the case maker messed up and for the crunch of time sent them along anyways. In turn, I had a time line to meet and had to rush my package to Brian, arriving the 18th in fact. Just under the wire. As disappointed as I am in the cases I am MORE disappointed in RF for feeling the need to hurt someones feelings and belittle them during this special time of year.

I will no longer be making a thread for Secret Santa. I will no longer be participating either. I fear if I do not meet some's level of 'gift expected-ness' I will be made to feel as I do right now. I do not want to feel like shit at Christmas. I guess from the owner of the site I would have expected more. Ba-hum bug RF.
    Ouch. My person will be getting there present. Late due to poor shipping from ebay seller. If YOU were not happy with the end product. I would have waited and ship later. I am sure Brian would of understood. My secret santa was very understanding. And he should be getting a nice present labeled shindig. Ooh ooh. Just noticed a spelling error too😄

I

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

My receiver hasn't posted his yet. I hope he opened it and then opened it. lol

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool gets, all! Simon even got candy canes! I feel so robbed right now NOS4A2 is on my TBLT pile

Also would like to thank Kris publicly for his help with the campaign this year and he was also instrumental in helping me out with my SS gift. Because of you, buddy, lots of smiling faces due to your efforts. Despite what might have transpired, I do hope you'll return next year to host.

Thanks to Jerome as well for the coordination effort with the address swapping and the like.

You guys are making it really hard to wait til the 25th!! Each time I walk by my gifts, they say, "Open us, Brian. We all open early down here "
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

Opening mine tomorrow. out of town

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My SS is going to be a 1st round pick in next year's draft. Received yet another gift today from the jolly ol' feller.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post

And that, my friends is why I opted out of this exchange. BTW, Kris my recollection is that a couple of years ago you were bitching about the level of gifts being exchanged. You get more spirit between then and now? Everyone should probably just lighten up and get with the spirit of the season.

BTW, anyone think to send, El Jefe something for the holiday? He doesn't exchange, but gets the heat anyway. lol I'll find ya something, El Jefe and, Kris I hope you and your family manage to have an absolutely wonderful holiday!!! Everyone deserves to be happy this time of year and this thread should help enhance that feeling not hurt it.

Happy Holidays Everyone!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

YES I sent the "boss" man a little present a couple days ago.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    YES I sent the "boss" man a little present a couple days ago.
    There you go, my man!!!! IMHO an exchange like this should be entered into with the idea of giving something to light up someone's day rather than what you, yourself may receive. But hey, that's just me. David, you're a man after my own heart!!! LOL Think I'll send the "Boss" a blooming Onion this year. Nothing says "Christmas" like a high cholesterol food item!!!! LOL LOL LOL

Spoiler:

Kris, you want a blooming onion? I'd be happy to send you one or the like!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hi All - I apologize for the late post. And somewhat of a placeholder post at that. I did open my SS present yesterday and before I was able to post pics, my day got a bit wacky. Let me say, I love it, and although I have opened the box, I haven’t opened ‘the box’ just yet. The paper it came in was a good laugh as well and I now get ‘sushi land’. Ironically, I very much like these types of puzzles. A bit eerie you knew that, and actually went this route.

Very cool surprise. Many thanks!! I’ll post pics tomorrow.

Loving all the gifts I’m seeing through the thread, great stuff all!
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Very cool gets, all! Simon even got candy canes! I feel so robbed right now NOS4A2 is on my TBLT pile
    TBLT? I normally get acronyms, but this one stumped me...
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    To be LISTENED to...? Since I know Brian does audiobooks...

Country
    Country Flag

Probably because I made it up LOL. To Be Listened To or is it Too. I never get that right.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Give that lady a prize, Johnny!

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    Give that lady a prize, Johnny!
    Ah! makes sense now.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I sent out my Satan Santa gift several weeks back...

Guardian of the Beam peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral has much to be proud of peripheral's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow... Some amazing gifts were given and apparently budgets were blown - congratulations everybody!

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

My SS box arrived today. I'm going to fix myself a Makers Mark and Coke, sip it slowly and stare at the box.

Oh.......wow........I feel like Ralphie staring at the Red Ryder BB Gun display in Higbee's store front window.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here is my SS gift. I couldn’t find the newspapers from sushi land, must have made it’s way out with the recycling. I wanted to share a pic of that, fun stuff. So, I started to fiddle with this puzzle, but decided that I’ll actually wait until Christmas Day. Makes it like two surprises. Can’t help but wonder if Pinhead from Hellraiser is going to come haunt me once I do.

Thanks again Secret Santa!
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:

My Mood
    Asleep

tpened last night! Thank YOU! to my secret santa

i will try and upload pictures tonighT UK On Writing SK Companion signed by George Beahm Horrorhound and Fear magazine and a nice print also signed by Beahm. Candy to boot and a nice card! Thank YOU! Well done!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I love the secret box puzzles. Plus there might be something in it.

Demon of the Prim Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest is a name known to all Priest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

still resisting the force that pulls me to open mine b4 Christmas

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

I sent out my Satan Santa gift several weeks back...

Country
    Country Flag

I love the secret box puzzles. Plus there might be something in it.
    Agreed. These are always fun. I’m pretty certain there is something waiting inside.

WTB:

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast