+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 196

Thread: 2017 SECRET SANTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  1. #1
    Goldmember webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Porters Lake, NS
    Posts
    10,424
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default 2017 SECRET SANTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Well everyone, it is that time of year again 132 sleeps from today in fact before the Jolly man visits our homes with lots of gifts and cheer. And the people here.. well we like King related gifts! So, as the last few years have gone, here are the rules. If anyone wants to tweak them, feel free to offer suggestions. The timing will give lots of notice to people to be creative and find that perfect gift. RF has offered to help again and of course we all thank him for that

    1) Please comment if your in and send RF a PM with your name and full address to be involved.
    2) RF will draw names according to region. US/Canada and Europe I think is how that will go.
    3) Please try to give gifts that are no more than $100US dollars. Some can afford more yes... but some cannot. No one wants to feel bad for what they give. Creativity is key here...
    4) Gifts MUST be mailed before Xmas. You can check how long it takes for your package to arrive BUT PLEASE MAKE SURE IT ARRIVES NO LATE THAN DECEMBER 24th.
    5) RF will choose a cut off for joining the fun and will let us all know. I think it was late September last year.
    6) PLEASE wrap your gifts. Opening them is part of the fun. Some did an amazing job last year as this.
    7) BE CREATIVE. Look through collection threads.. ask friends of the person whom was chosen for you. Spend a little time on it... that is part of the giving process


    I think that is it everyone If you have any questions... just ask! AND Merry Christmas to all for 2017!!!!!!!!!! Let's have some fun!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

  2. #2
    Don't. Get. Married. Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    7,440
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I'm in. I love Secret Santa.

  3. #3
    Donate to HF Mateys! becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69 has much to be proud of becca69's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The First State
    Posts
    4,513
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I'm in.
    WANTED:

    DT II: The Drawing of the Three S/L #644 FOUND 7/9/15!

    MM AGoT, MM ACoK, SP ASoS #320 - GRRM - can trade

  4. #4
    Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec is a splendid one to behold dnemec's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Summerville, SC
    Posts
    2,115
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Me too! It has been so much fun in the past!

  5. #5
    Demon of the Prim HONKYTONKSMASH is a name known to all HONKYTONKSMASH is a name known to all HONKYTONKSMASH is a name known to all HONKYTONKSMASH is a name known to all HONKYTONKSMASH is a name known to all HONKYTONKSMASH is a name known to all HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,464
    My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Yep, Im in


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,240
    My Mood
    Asleep

    Default

    im in!

  7. #7
    Guardian of the Beam TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi is a name known to all TCCBodhi's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Irving, TX, USA
    Posts
    3,230
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I'm in. This is one of my favorite events of the year.
    WANTED
    The Stand: S/L
    US 1st Printings. I have THESE
    #92 IT Portfolio
    Any #95 SK-related Cemetery Dance release
    Sleeping Beauties: Signed Tour version.

    TRADE/SALE
    The Stand 1978 1st/1st
    Fangoria: CD Lettered J

  8. #8
    Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 is a splendid one to behold bdwyer19 is a splendid one to behold bdwyer19 is a splendid one to behold bdwyer19 is a splendid one to behold bdwyer19 is a splendid one to behold bdwyer19 is a splendid one to behold bdwyer19 is a splendid one to behold bdwyer19 is a splendid one to behold bdwyer19's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brookfield, WI
    Posts
    3,270
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I'm in!!

  9. #9
    Manni Folken Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hamburg - Germany
    Posts
    6,101
    My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I'm in.

    My collection
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...on-Stockerlone

    GERMANY-FIFA Worldchampion 2014

    SALE
    Stephen King promo telefon card
    Desperation/Regulator Flip-over ARC Leseexemplar

  10. #10
    Demon of the Prim wolfehr is a jewel in the rough wolfehr is a jewel in the rough wolfehr is a jewel in the rough wolfehr is a jewel in the rough wolfehr's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,051
    Country
    Country Flag

    Default

    I'm in


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wanted:
    DT I PC or Blank
    Michael Whelan & DT Original Art

  11. #11
    Si em, tow en can de lach jsmcmullen92 is a name known to all jsmcmullen92 is a name known to all jsmcmullen92 is a name known to all jsmcmullen92 is a name known to all jsmcmullen92 is a name known to all jsmcmullen92 is a name known to all jsmcmullen92's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Austin Texas
    Posts
    2,274
    My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Definitely in!

  12. #12
    Goldmember webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Porters Lake, NS
    Posts
    10,424
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    11 so far including me!!! Be nice to get 25+ members


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

  13. #13
    President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of Roseannebarr has much to be proud of

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,240
    My Mood
    Asleep

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Well everyone, it is that time of year again 132 sleeps from today in fact before the Jolly man visits our homes with lots of gifts and cheer. And the people here.. well we like King related gifts! So, as the last few years have gone, here are the rules. If anyone wants to tweak them, feel free to offer suggestions. The timing will give lots of notice to people to be creative and find that perfect gift. RF has offered to help again and of course we all thank him for that

    1) Please comment if your in and send RF a PM with your name and full address to be involved.
    2) RF will draw names according to region. US/Canada and Europe I think is how that will go.
    3) Please try to give gifts that are no more than $100US dollars. Some can afford more yes... but some cannot. No one wants to feel bad for what they give. Creativity is key here...
    4) Gifts MUST be mailed before Xmas. You can check how long it takes for your package to arrive BUT PLEASE MAKE SURE IT ARRIVES NO LATE THAN DECEMBER 24th.
    5) RF will choose a cut off for joining the fun and will let us all know. I think it was late September last year.
    6) PLEASE wrap your gifts. Opening them is part of the fun. Some did an amazing job last year as this.
    7) BE CREATIVE. Look through collection threads.. ask friends of the person whom was chosen for you. Spend a little time on it... that is part of the giving process


    I think that is it everyone If you have any questions... just ask! AND Merry Christmas to all for 2017!!!!!!!!!! Let's have some fun!
    I would think you would want to set a minimum (not a maximum). But that's just me.

  14. #14
    Goldmember webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Porters Lake, NS
    Posts
    10,424
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Well everyone, it is that time of year again 132 sleeps from today in fact before the Jolly man visits our homes with lots of gifts and cheer. And the people here.. well we like King related gifts! So, as the last few years have gone, here are the rules. If anyone wants to tweak them, feel free to offer suggestions. The timing will give lots of notice to people to be creative and find that perfect gift. RF has offered to help again and of course we all thank him for that

    1) Please comment if your in and send RF a PM with your name and full address to be involved.
    2) RF will draw names according to region. US/Canada and Europe I think is how that will go.
    3) Please try to give gifts that are no more than $100US dollars. Some can afford more yes... but some cannot. No one wants to feel bad for what they give. Creativity is key here...
    4) Gifts MUST be mailed before Xmas. You can check how long it takes for your package to arrive BUT PLEASE MAKE SURE IT ARRIVES NO LATE THAN DECEMBER 24th.
    5) RF will choose a cut off for joining the fun and will let us all know. I think it was late September last year.
    6) PLEASE wrap your gifts. Opening them is part of the fun. Some did an amazing job last year as this.
    7) BE CREATIVE. Look through collection threads.. ask friends of the person whom was chosen for you. Spend a little time on it... that is part of the giving process


    I think that is it everyone If you have any questions... just ask! AND Merry Christmas to all for 2017!!!!!!!!!! Let's have some fun!
    I would think you would want to set a minimum (not a maximum). But that's just me.
    We never did that in years past though my man... I don't know. See what RF thinks


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

  15. #15
    Servant of Gan sharki69 is a glorious beacon of light sharki69 is a glorious beacon of light sharki69 is a glorious beacon of light sharki69 is a glorious beacon of light sharki69 is a glorious beacon of light sharki69's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    1,524
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default 2017 SECRET SANTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I'm in. Its my favorite Jewish holiday!!!

  16. #16
    Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X will become famous soon enough C1TIZEN_X will become famous soon enough

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    487

    Default

    First time I've had the opportunity to do this. Can't decide if I want to commit yet as I am unsure how it works. I don't suppose someone can give me some examples of previous gifts? With the spending limit I assume books are pretty much out.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wish List
    1/1 Salem's Lot
    1/1 The Shining
    1/1 Night Shift
    1/1 Carrie

  17. #17
    Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,781
    My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jnbball View Post
    First time I've had the opportunity to do this. Can't decide if I want to commit yet as I am unsure how it works. I don't suppose someone can give me some examples of previous gifts? With the spending limit I assume books are pretty much out.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Here are the threads from previous years:

    2014
    2015
    2016

    As you can see, it's become quite a tradition.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

  18. #18
    Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin has a reputation beyond repute stroppygoblin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    7,781
    My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Oh and I'm in again, of course!
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

  19. #19
    Maerlyn's Imp peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral is a glorious beacon of light peripheral's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    South Of Heaven
    Posts
    2,069
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default



    Yep, I'm in...

  20. #20
    Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X will become famous soon enough C1TIZEN_X will become famous soon enough

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    487

    Default

    Okay, I wanna play too. I'm gonna need to reach out to some forum "veterans" for advice once I find out who my recipient is.
    Wish List
    1/1 Salem's Lot
    1/1 The Shining
    1/1 Night Shift
    1/1 Carrie

  21. #21
    Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    Posts
    37,038
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C1TIZEN_X View Post
    First time I've had the opportunity to do this. Can't decide if I want to commit yet as I am unsure how it works. I don't suppose someone can give me some examples of previous gifts? With the spending limit I assume books are pretty much out.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Books are not out for US participants as Media Mail shipping for a book within the US is usually $6 or less. For international participants (even Canada to GB, Europe etc.) books can be prohibitive to ship.
    That's where research, and imagination are your friend.

  22. #22
    Goldmember webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000 has a brilliant future webstar1000's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Porters Lake, NS
    Posts
    10,424
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by C1TIZEN_X View Post
    First time I've had the opportunity to do this. Can't decide if I want to commit yet as I am unsure how it works. I don't suppose someone can give me some examples of previous gifts? With the spending limit I assume books are pretty much out.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Books are not out for US participants as Media Mail shipping for a book within the US is usually $6 or less. For international participants (even Canada to GB, Europe etc.) books can be prohibitive to ship.
    That's where research, and imagination are your friend.
    RF is right... I have gotten some damm cool stuff!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

  23. #23
    Gunslinger Apprentice AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad is a name known to all AstroDad's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    497
    My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    sign me up, I love this!

  24. #24
    Gunslinger Apprentice sentinel is a jewel in the rough sentinel is a jewel in the rough sentinel is a jewel in the rough sentinel is a jewel in the rough

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    sunshine state
    Posts
    457
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    I'm in again.

  25. #25
    Don't. Get. Married. Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon has a brilliant future Shannon's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    7,440
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag
    Gender
    Gender

    Default

    LokiJake was my Secret Santa last year, sent me the perfect gift of the Star Wars blu-ray collection. Woot woot!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts