Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Dark Tower Football Pick Contest - Come Reap!!!

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default 2017 Dark Tower Football Pick Contest - Come Reap!!!

The season begins THURSDAY, September 7, 2017. NO late registration!!!!

How to Play

1. It’s simple. Click on the following link and it should take you to the ESPN pigskin pickem site. If you don’t have an ESPN profile, you will have to set one up. Trust me, it’s worth it!!!! If you joined in on the other ESPN contests earlier this year, that profile will work. In fact, as a bonus to joining us in the Pigskin picks, you’ll be able to easily compete in other contests such as March Madness and College Bowl Mania.

http://games.espn.com/nfl-pigskin-pi...p?groupID=2043

Password: roland (all lower case) - please do not share this with non-members of this site.

If you have questions about how to set things up in our group, post your questions and the community of folks here will try and help you out.

2. The contest will begin with the first regular season game in Week 1. Only one entry per person in our group and it must be identifiable to me as a member on this board or you can PM me with your ESPN handle. Once the season has started the group is locked. This means that any latecomers will not be able to join (sorry about that!), so please get in early. Picks for week 1 can actually be made now!

3. The contest will end at the conclusion of the regular season.

4. At the end of the regular season, whoever has the best Win/Loss record wins the coveted First Place trophy. We also award trophies for Second, Third, and a (much sought after, one of a kind, not available in any other contest) Last Place Trophy**

**In order to qualify for last place, you need to pick every week, however, If you mistakenly miss picking one or two games (i.e. a Thursday or Saturday game), we can do the math and, with penalties, make adjustments. To be safe, just be sure to get IN THE GAME each week and make your picks early!!!!

GET...
    IN...
    THE GAME!

Trophies from last year....

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm in!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Gunslinger Apprentice doh is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I could use another trophy.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm in. Woo Hoo!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I'm out this year.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

That's too bad. I always look forward to doing better than you.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    That's too bad. I always look forward to doing better than you.

Yeah, well sorry, El Jefe. You'll have to find another competitor. Maybe next year?

You are "The biggest fish in a small pond" after all. Good luck with your picks this year, my friend. Sorry, but no "blooming Onion" at the end of it all this time.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Gunslinger Apprentice SkippyD023 is on a distinguished road SkippyD023's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It must be too early in the morning but I cannot figure out how to join. I go to the groups and it shows me this group and has an option to Rejoin which I select but that it just takes me back to the group page but I don't see my name listed. What am I doing wrong and how do I join for this year? Thanks.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SkippyD023 View Post
    It must be too early in the morning but I cannot figure out how to join. I go to the groups and it shows me this group and has an option to Rejoin which I select but that it just takes me back to the group page but I don't see my name listed. What am I doing wrong and how do I join for this year? Thanks.
    Did you enter the password?

Country
    Country Flag

It never gave me an option to enter a password.

I'm not sure whats going, I tried three different browsers on two different computers. I am logged into my account and can see the 2016 season and when I go to the groups to rejoin it takes me to the Group page where I can see the people that have signed up but it never asks me for a password and does not add me to the group.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure whats going, I tried three different browsers on two different computers. I am logged into my account and can see the 2016 season and when I go to the groups to rejoin it takes me to the Group page where I can see the people that have signed up but it never asks me for a password and does not add me to the group.
    Hmmm...I'm not sure what's happening with yours. I know you have to be in the current season (there are about 7 folks listed so far), then when you hit "rejoin" you should come to the screen where you name your entry and put in a password. We've got a few weeks to figure this out. Last resort would be contacting their support desk.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

He could try entering with a slightly different name.

Country
    Country Flag

Another member is having issues - the fix is actually creating another ESPN account. Hopefully this isn't a trend. Our group is swelling and that's good.

Guardian of the Beam ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky is just really nice ELazansky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What I had to do was log in and start signing up like I was a going to join a random league. When I got to step 2, the option to rejoin Palaver Gunslingers was there. I clicked rejoin and was put into the group.

Country
    Country Flag

Another trick - when you log in, look for the "PLAY NOW FOR FREE" button with a countdown of days to contest. Hit that button and if you have played in the group before, the next screen allows you to give your entry a name (i.e. your Dark Tower handle) and enter the password: roland

Country
    Country Flag

That worked. Thank you.

Citizen of Gilead SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN has a spectacular aura about SpaceMaN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It entered me without the password.
    "I wish they'd just wipe out humanity and get it over with. It's the waiting I can't stand." -Fry
    "I know we can't all stay here forever, so I want to write my words on the face of today." -Blind Melon

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

We need more entrants!

Millionth Post Club divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster has much to be proud of divemaster's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm in!

Country
    Country Flag

We need more entrants!
    Thanks for the banner, RF. I agree that the more, the merrier. Even if my odds of winning decrease. We're at 14 right now with one week of pre-season remaining.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by NeedfulKings View Post
    Another member is having issues - the fix is actually creating another ESPN account. Hopefully this isn't a trend. Our group is swelling and that's good.
    ESPN is a mess...this is what kept me out the last few years. I tried make a new account but it wouldn't delete the old one.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

I'm in.

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not seeing a place to enter a password. Is registration closed?

Country
    Country Flag

Hmmm...I'm not sure what's happening with yours. I know you have to be in the current season (there are about 7 folks listed so far), then when you hit "rejoin" you should come to the screen where you name your entry and put in a password. We've got a few weeks to figure this out. Last resort would be contacting their support desk.
    I'm having this exact problem, and am in the current season.

Country
    Country Flag

Another trick - when you log in, look for the "PLAY NOW FOR FREE" button with a countdown of days to contest. Hit that button and if you have played in the group before, the next screen allows you to give your entry a name (i.e. your Dark Tower handle) and enter the password: roland
    This worked!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast