Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My little Angel

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default My little Angel

I am not sure you would consider this poetry. I am not sure you would even want me to post it. But here goes. I wrote a little poem or letter really to my daughter after she passed away. She was only 16 hours old when she died and I wrote the letter and read it at her memorial service.

My Little Angel by Milissa Stockholm

My little Angel, you died so young.
    Was not given a chance to live. I will not be able to see you take your first steps or say your first words. I will not be able to see you graduate High School and see you off to make a life for yourself.
    We love and miss you. We will always know that you are watching us from heaven. Our little guardian angel.
    Last edited by mia/susannah; 02-10-2008 at 03:31 PM. Reason: did not finish

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

I am so sorry for your loss, Mia.
    Thank you for sharing it.
    It's a really nice piece of love.

Roland would have understood.

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Letti View Post
    I am so sorry for your loss, Mia.
    Thank you for sharing it.
    It's a really nice piece of love.
    Thank you Letti, I have 3 daugters living and they have helped me to get on with life althoug it has been hard sometimes. Miranda would have been 11 years old this october. Still hurts and I cry sometimes but it is getting easier.

Robot Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave has much to be proud of Girlystevedave's Avatar

Beautiful words Mia.
    I hope you get to meet your little angel one day.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

mia/susannah: thank you for sharing it, love.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mother of Dragons Erin will become famous soon enough Erin will become famous soon enough Erin's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

mia/susannah, that was beautiful.
    I am Daenerys Stormborn and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Beautiful words. I hope you can manage the loss. I have lost three...I know it can be so tough.

If you ever wish to talk, I am a moron, but I am happy to listen.

-Jon
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Beautiful words. I hope you can manage the loss. I have lost three...I know it can be so tough.

-Jon
    Thanks jon, I am sorry to hear about your losses as well. I know how it feels to lose a child. I was told when I was 4 months pregnant with Miranda that the chances of her surviving were not good but knowing does not make it any easier to handle. I don't talk about my loss with anyone because no one really understands. The few that I have talked to always say I know how you feel, I lost a parent. I know that hurts but it is just not the same as losing a child.

Thanks to everyone for reading and responding to my post. Was not sure it was appropriate.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Very touching, I'm soory for the loss.
    Beautifully done.

Country
    Country Flag

:
    Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post
    Very touching, I'm soory for the loss.
    Beautifully done.
    Thanks you Storyslinger. I have not talked about her death to anyone in a while. But then I don't really have anyone to talk to. Don't have any friends where I live now and most people would not understand. Posting this thread and one of the letters that I wrote her has helped. I have written several.

Breaker Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger will become famous soon enough Storyslinger's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

I've found that the best way to deal with the hurt is to talk about it with those who will lend an ear. I'm sorry to hear that there is no one there for you to talk too. We are here if you need someone to talk too. You have our hearts.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Storyslinger View Post
    I've found that the best way to deal with the hurt is to talk about it with those who will lend an ear. I'm sorry to hear that there is no one there for you to talk too. We are here if you need someone to talk too. You have our hearts.
    Thank you, Storyslinger, I really appreciate that. Maybe I can post some of the letters and stuff that I have written for her. They are not very good.

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

We always welcome new writings. Even if you may not think they are good, we may have a different opinion.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

They are beautiful words. The fifteenth at 1210AM it will have been 3 years since we lost our little girl. She was 6. I know it's absolutely important to share your grief... Please feel free to write to me anytime you need.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by LadyHitchhiker View Post
    They are beautiful words. The fifteenth at 1210AM it will have been 3 years since we lost our little girl. She was 6. I know it's absolutely important to share your grief... Please feel free to write to me anytime you need.
    I am so sorry about your little girl. I know your pain. I wish no parent ever had to go through the loss of a child. Please feel free to write me if you ever want to talk about your loss as well. I am a very good listener. Thanks for your post and offer. I may take you up on it sometime myself.

Caution: eye irritant Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon has a reputation beyond repute Jon's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mia/susannah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post

-Jon
    The few that I have talked to always say I know how you feel, I lost a parent. I know that hurts but it is just not the same as losing a child.
    I have lost a parent and children...they do not compare.
    All that's left of what we were is what we have become.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Anytime dear. I live to help.

+ Reply to Thread