• Good-Much better than the TV series

13 44.83%
  • Fair-A waste of a chance to wow fans

1 3.45%
  • Terrible-"see, I told you. Poop floats too"

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: It Movie - Predict how "It" will be

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Default It Movie - Predict how "It" will be

IT Movie - Predict how "IT" will be

Demon of the Prim TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack is a name known to all TravelinJack's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I believe this is going to be a winner. For fans of the book, the old series, and/or people that have no clue what 'It' is. Time to welcome the fear of clowns to millenials. I also believe this is going to become a modern staple in the horror movie genre.

Who knows, might spike a reboot of Killer Klowns from Outer Space. Ok, I don't want that part to happen because Attack of the Killer Tomatoes would be next.
    "Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win." - SK

WTB:
    - S/L 'Storm Front' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)
    - S/L 'Fool Moon' Jim Butcher (Subterranean Press)

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It looks great but I'm still not 100% sold on the new Pennywise.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Who knows, might spike a reboot of Killer Klowns from Outer Space. Ok, I don't want that part to happen because Attack of the Killer Tomatoes would be next. [

Spoiler:

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    It looks great but I'm still not 100% sold on the new Pennywise.
    Pennywise included, I'm not sold on a lot of things with this film.

Looking at the poll results so far, I think people are getting far too excited and are over-egging their expectations somewhat.

Too much hype will lead to disappointment. Guaranteed!!!

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I have a good feeling about the IT adaptation. I believe it will be scary and really good.
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Gunslinger Apprentice georgiesarm is on a distinguished road

Everything they've shown so far just oozes the atmosphere of the book. Looks like they nailed that aspect, and that's what I want most out of an adaptation. From a filmmaking standpoint, the cinematography looks absolutely stunning. I'm at least going to have a great time at the cinema, but it has high potentional to find a place in my top 5 favorite King adaptations. Maybe the best one based on one of his horror books? Shouldn't be too hard

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I am betting a Rotten Tomatoes score of 85%++++

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I voted good, and I really hope it is. I'm really excited for It. However I am a purist when it comes to adaptations (most especially when it's from my favorite book). I can understand some changes from book to screen as long as it goes along with the style and themes of the book, but when they make a bunch of silly changes or add in a lot of unnecessary stuff that's when I start to get annoyed. So I'm trying to lessen my expectations a bit and I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be pleasantly surprised.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Two Gunslingers Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis has much to be proud of Lookwhoitis's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

IT will be the shizznit
    Wanted
    CD Carrie Portfolio 719
    Dark Tower S/N LE's 171 or 203
    ANY Stephen King S/N LE #171 or 719

A Storm of Swords #218 or 346
    Ancillary Justice #455
    American Gods (+ SC Reader copy) #624

Michael Whelan original art
    DT VII: Michael Whelan Remarque

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Can you add one RF? There should be one to choose... Among the very best King adaptations. I will hold off voting till you add that. I really feel this will be killer!!!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    Looking at the poll results so far, I think people are getting far too excited and are over-egging their expectations somewhat.

Too much hype will lead to disappointment. Guaranteed!!!
    I agree but I can't really blame people for being excited. SK's been getting the short end of the stick when it comes to adaptations for a decade now which is why a full-on R-rated horror film that the studio actually has faith in is such a big deal. It's kind of like going from Batman and Robin to Batman Begins.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Unlike the DT movie they already have a template for this to work from. They should be using what worked previously, combining other aspects from source material, and utilizing current technology to improve the obviously flawed effects from the previous version.

I think this will be interesting and should be a better overall product.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Question is: will we get a better Belch this time around? Because I wasn't exactly disappointed with the miniseries Belch.

It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger Apprentice BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough BuctherOfTull will become famous soon enough

I think this will be the highest grossing horror movie off all time. Sadly that will be because the old mini series was so popular. Not because of the book

Country
    Country Flag

It's probably a little bit of both. At minimum a lot more people are reading the novel as it's been one of Amazon's top sellers for a while which is always a good thing.

My Collection

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CyberGhostface View Post
    It's probably a little bit of both. At minimum a lot more people are reading the novel as it's been one of Amazon's top sellers for a while which is always a good thing.
    While Ghost and I disagree about the miniseries (not going to ; you'll have to hunt for that post on your own), well, while most of you will probably disagree with me on that. I'll agree that a lot folks are probably reading this book and a lot more are re-reading it. I have several non-SK fanatical friends and acquaintances who stated they are busting their asses to finish the book before the movie comes out. A re-release of the book by Scribner was genius too IMO. I just hope for those new to the book aren't let down by the film. Because let's face it, nothing will ever be good as the written text. I'm super hyped for it myself. I love the way they are moving the timeline up so the (hopefully) second movie will be in the present. As long as they don't go too far off the rails with the plot/storyline; I think we are going to be ok with this.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

IT is tracking for $50 million plus!!! Dammmm. Biggest September opening ever. Some insiders say it could top $60!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I saw my first TV spot while watching Fear Factor of all shows I'm totally stoked for this one!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    IT is tracking for $50 million plus!!! Dammmm. Biggest September opening ever. Some insiders say it could top $60!!!
    That would also be the biggest opening for a King movie by far -- double the previous record holder, which is 1408.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I say it makes over sixty.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I say it makes over sixty.
    I AM SAYING IT... $68-69mil. Any others care to throw a guess?

EDIT: WHY? I have friends that know I collect King and have been asking me TONS of questions... cause they want to see it. HUGE buzz generated by this movie. HUGE...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

So, no one else gives a damn about Belch, eh? You fools...
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

This is my favorite book. Stephen King or otherwise. I've read my copy to tatters. I haven't been this excited for a movie release in years. The original TV series was very good, but it was really all about Pennywise. I hope that some of the other manifestations of IT make it into this movie. The setting is what draws me into the book though. King does small town atmosphere very well, especially when set in the 50s. I hope they keep the time frame the same. I cant really tell from the previews.
    Sloth Love Chunk

+ Reply to Thread