Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Please choose up to two

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hospital Scene - Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)

9 50.00%
  • Baptism scene - The Godfather (1972)

7 38.89%
  • "The Greatest Trick the Devil Ever Pulled" - The Usual Suspects (1995)

9 50.00%
  • Bambi's Mom vs Hunter - Bambi (1942)

6 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Movie Scene Tournament: Round 3 - Group 25 of 32

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Best Movie Scene Tournament: Round 3 - Group 25 of 32

During the third round of The Best Movie Scene Tournament, please vote for up to two movie scenes you would like to move onto the next round. The top two movie scenes will be moving on. Keep in mind that the percentage of the vote a given movie scene receives will determine its standing going forward.

IMPORTANT! Please do not simply vote on name recognition (or lack thereof) alone. Please do watch each nomination and then make your choice. Even if you think you know a movie scene well, it's still worth watching for a refresher.

Please remember that his tournament is for Best Scene, not Best Movie.
    It's important to therefore judge each nomination on its individual merits and NOT by the entire movie.

The poll will run for seven days. Discussion is greatly encouraged!

The nominees are:

Hospital Scene - Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991)

Baptism scene - The Godfather (1972)

"The Greatest Trick the Devil Ever Pulled" - The Usual Suspects (1995) *** WARNING: MAJOR SPOILER ***

Bambi's Mom vs Hunter - Bambi (1942)

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The cartoon is fucked.

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

As much as I love me some T2 - and you guys know I do - The Godfather and Usual Suspects scenes are better individually.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    The cartoon is fucked.
    Not so much.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by fernandito View Post
    As much as I love me some T2 - and you guys know I do - The Godfather and Usual Suspects scenes are better individually.
    I'm in the same boat on this one.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed and the following movie scenes are moving on to the next round:

Hospital Scene - Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991) 50.00%
    "The Greatest Trick the Devil Ever Pulled" - The Usual Suspects (1995) 50.00%

And the following are eliminated:

Baptism scene - The Godfather (1972) 38.89%
    Bambi's Mom vs Hunter - Bambi (1942) 33.33%

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Everyone that didn't vote for The Godfather is now on my shit list.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That was me and I can't lie. I STILL get goosebumps when that scene comes on and I have see T2 a 100 times or more. Godfather scene... not once.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I am right with you. Terminator II, really?

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Michael orchestrating the death of all his enemies simultaneously, juxtaposed over a scene of him renouncing evil at a baptism. What a scene.

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Michael orchestrating the death of all his enemies simultaneously, juxtaposed over a scene of him renouncing evil at a baptism. What a scene.
    This was an amazing scene, and I hate that its been eliminated.

Country
    Country Flag

The "I believe in America..." scene is better.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by T-Dogz_AK47 View Post
    The "I believe in America..." scene is better.
    Both are better than that Terminator 2 scene, but that's the way the masses voted.

Country
    Country Flag

The culprit here is The Usual Suspects. It's a cool twist and I love the movie, but it's not better than The Godfather scene, nor the Bambi scene.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This one hurts.

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    The culprit here is The Usual Suspects. It's a cool twist and I love the movie, but it's not better than The Godfather scene, nor the Bambi scene.
    I respectfully disagree. TUS twist automatically makes the entire movie better in retrospect.

Spoiler:
    The realization on Kujan's face when he realizes that the monster he's been chasing has been tricking and manipulating him the entire time, lacing bits of his story with things he sees around the office is brilliant.

I love that shot in the beginning of the movie of Soze looking around the office, collecting verbal ammo to use in the partially made up story he's about to tell.

What a scene, what an ending!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I respectfully disagree. TUS twist automatically makes the entire movie better in retrospect.

Spoiler:
    The realization on Kujan's face when he realizes that the monster he's been chasing has been tricking and manipulating him the entire time, lacing bits of his story with things he sees around the office is brilliant.

I love that shot in the beginning of the movie of Soze looking around the office, collecting verbal ammo to use in the partially made up story he's about to tell.

What a scene, what an ending!
    It's perfectly played too. That said, the baptism scene is just pure cinematic perfection.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm proud to say I voted for TUS scene. Its one I'll never forget, unlike The Godfather scene.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    I'm proud to say I voted for TUS scene. Its one I'll never forget, unlike The Godfather scene.
    I also voted for TUS and the "Hospital scene" from Terminator 2.

Everything about the Hospital scene, screams cinematic genius. That and the TUS scene were the only viable choices here....

+ Reply to Thread