Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Outsider: new Stephen King novel out May 2018

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    We now have a date and page count:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1501180983/

June 5, 576 pages. And the synopsis:

From #1 New York Times bestseller Stephen King, whose brand has never been stronger, comes one of his most propulsive and unsettling stories ever.

An eleven-year-old boy is found in a town park, hideously assaulted and murdered. The fingerprints (and later DNA) are unmistakably those of the town’s most popular baseball coach, Terry Maitland, a man of impeccable reputation, with a wife and two daughters. Detective Ralph Anderson, whose son Maitland coached, orders an immediate and public arrest. Maitland is taken to jail, his claim to innocence scorned. Maitland has a foolproof alibi, with footage to prove that he was in another city when the crime was committed. But that doesn't save him either.

King constructs a propulsive plot, and a race against time to uncover the identity of a terrifying and diabolical killer who has left victims—and “perpetrators”—across the country, and who is on his way to his next horrific act.

King’s psychological suspense is at its most riveting in this extraordinarily dramatic and eerie story. He is devastatingly vivid on the experience of being falsely blamed—the effect on the accused, the spouse, the children; the suspicion of friends, even the most loyal; the impossibility of ever being innocent again (if you are lucky to enough to live). He is also masterful at showing us that supernatural monsters are startlingly like human beings who do monstrous things.
    Now that sounds like a bad ass novel.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BountyHunter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NoAttitudeThisTime View Post
    Ralph Anderson. Lol.
    You're thinking Storm of the Century like me?
    Yeah. I literally just watched it for the first time right before I came on and saw this thread.
    Hope you liked the miniseries. It's one of my favorites. Well, this gotta be another Ralph Anderson, for sure. I just remember that there is a Patrick Hockstetter in both Firestarter and IT and they are, once again, not the same character
    I absolutely loved it. I just wish King would give us a new Andre Linoge story, but I guess he probably can't due to rights issues.
    Why? He published the script, wouldnt he owns the rights to this character?
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice BountyHunter is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I don't know. I'm assuming because it was a network tv miniseries, that whatever network it was on probably owns at least partial rights to the whole thing. Anybody know differently?

Hannibal CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

King could probably do it if he wanted to, there's been a number of licensed TV tie-in novels and comics that even if ABC owned the rights he could do the book through an affiliated publisher.
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For some reason Amazon put up a rewritten synopsis:

An unspeakable crime. A confounding investigation. At a time when the King brand has never been stronger, he has delivered one of his most unsettling and compulsively readable stories.

An eleven-year-old boy’s violated corpse is found in a town park. Eyewitnesses and fingerprints point unmistakably to one of Flint City’s most popular citizens. He is Terry Maitland, Little League coach, English teacher, husband, and father of two girls. Detective Ralph Anderson, whose son Maitland once coached, orders a quick and very public arrest. Maitland has an alibi, but Anderson and the district attorney soon add DNA evidence to go with the fingerprints and witnesses. Their case seems ironclad.

As the investigation expands and horrifying answers begin to emerge, King’s propulsive story kicks into high gear, generating strong tension and almost unbearable suspense. Terry Maitland seems like a nice guy, but is he wearing another face? When the answer comes, it will shock you as only Stephen King can.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah this one reads better and basically says the same thing.

But I'm glad we have a copy of both for posterity.

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

Very much looking forward to this one.

Gunslinger Apprentice craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau has a spectacular aura about craigobau's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The blurb on Hodder's UK webpage for the book says "Stephen King has written an unputdownable crime thriller with a unique twist........A compelling and chilling suspense novel, which will delight all readers of King's bestselling Hodges Trilogy".

Not great news for those people who weren't fans of the Hodges trilogy!

Servant of Gan Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears is a splendid one to behold Ben Mears's Avatar

[QUOTE=craigobau;1083755]...which will delight all readers of King's bestselling Hodges Trilogy". [QUOTE]

Will have to revise my expectations. Hopefully no Holly, Jerome or supernatural elements.

President-Matt Fisher Fan Club Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute Roseannebarr has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Asleep

They are easy to read. (apparently easy to write too!)

Gunslinger Apprentice NoAttitudeThisTime is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Ben Mears;1083761][QUOTE=craigobau;1083755]...which will delight all readers of King's bestselling Hodges Trilogy".

Will have to revise my expectations. Hopefully no Holly, Jerome or supernatural elements.
    Holly is in it, so Jerome might be too, probably not much. I doubt this will be supernatural. I like Holly but I agree she should not fill too many pages, and based on the synopsis she might be a secondary or minor character.

Country
    Country Flag

Season four/five of Mr. Mercedes on Audience?

Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    They are easy to read. (apparently easy to write too!)
    The books were summer capers, and in that regard they succeeded well, I think. Not King's best works, for sure, but not bad either. Just fun. I liked them much more than, say, Joyland.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ralph Anderson is the name of the kid in THE STORM OF THE CENTURY...
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

Amazon has two cool placeholder covers now up on their US and UK sites, respectively:

Country
    Country Flag

Slightly higher quality version of the UK cover here: https://www.hodder.co.uk/assets/Hodd...1473676350.jpg

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure the UK cover will be much better.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Country
    Country Flag

I always prefer the US covers. They feel right.

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Looks like this release has been moved up to May 22nd.

Country
    Country Flag

Yup, Amazon lists the updated date.

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

So is this a sure thing to be a continuation of the other books, or just something in the same style.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDuke View Post
    So is this a sure thing to be a continuation of the other books, or just something in the same style.
    It's own book but with a character popping up that we know from the Hodges trilogy

Country
    Country Flag

It's own book but with a character popping up that we know from the Hodges trilogy
    Are we sure that THE OUTSIDER features Holly?

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Are we sure that THE OUTSIDER features Holly?
    Pretty sure! Last year he mentioned that he was writing a novel where Holly pops up. He couldn't let go of her. This year he mentioned that a character we know will show up in The Outsider. If it's not Holly I would be very surprised. But she's not the main character, it seems

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast