+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: The Outsider: new Stephen King novel out May 2018

Art Vandelay Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave is a splendid one to behold Girlystevedave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by needfulthings View Post

No wonder he's an OUTSIDER... His eyes are in the middle of his forehead.
    "Like I don't know that I'm pathetic."

"P.S. I can't believe you do that pen thing. Awesome. Just fucking awesome."
    ~Fernandito

Along the Path of the Beam Kevbot will become famous soon enough

Quote Originally Posted by NoAttitudeThisTime View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roseannebarr View Post
    They are easy to read. (apparently easy to write too!)
    The books were summer capers, and in that regard they succeeded well, I think. Not King's best works, for sure, but not bad either. Just fun. I liked them much more than, say, Joyland.
    I thought that Finders Keepers was a lot deeper and more engaging than the other two, likely because of the reading/writing aspect. And I *loved* Joyland.

Gunslinger Apprentice RichardX has a spectacular aura about RichardX has a spectacular aura about RichardX has a spectacular aura about RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Like it. That image reminds me of "The Iron Giant".

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I liked that a lot! Wonderfully atmospheric. (As for the placement of the eyes, isn’t his head tilted upwards?}

I hope we get a nice cover in the UK. Outs tend to be a bit generic, although the one for Sleeping Beauties is relevant, and rather nice

Banned needfulthings is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Amazon has the unmarked hi-res image up: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1dKbG0mq8L.jpg

Owner Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg has a reputation beyond repute Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, Thankfully 700 miles from Bill
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for the image. Stroppygoblin updated the catalog.

Goldmember herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter

Citizen of Gilead C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Very cool. I can't wait.
    Wish List
    1/1 Salem's Lot
    1/1 The Shining
    1/1 Night Shift
    1/1 Carrie

Traveler Vern is on a distinguished road Vern's Avatar

Here’s the UK cover. Can’t say I like it too much.

Gunslinger Apprentice RichardX has a spectacular aura about RichardX has a spectacular aura about RichardX has a spectacular aura about RichardX's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    Here’s the UK cover. Can’t say I like it too much.

Yes, I often like the UK covers better, but not that one. Has more of a spy type thriller feel. Is every novel ever written "breathtaking"?

Manni Folken Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861 has a brilliant future Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Not really impressed with either cover of this one.
    "Any area of collecting only becomes really worth it when shared with like minded people"-Alec aka Anonymous

The Man Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958 has a reputation beyond repute Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Innocent
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Not really impressed with either cover of this one.
    Ditto
    The Evil Empire!!!

"Dyin' ain't much of a livin' boy" - Josey Wales

My collection thread:
    http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...ion-Merlin1958

Millionth Post Club racerx45 is a glorious beacon of light racerx45 is a glorious beacon of light racerx45 is a glorious beacon of light racerx45 is a glorious beacon of light racerx45 is a glorious beacon of light racerx45 is a glorious beacon of light racerx45's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by mae View Post
    Amazon has the unmarked hi-res image up: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....1dKbG0mq8L.jpg

Is the Outsider in The Upside-down? Is the cover just Stranger Things homage or is there a tie-in?
    Perhaps I am simply a madman who dreamt of being sane for a little while.
    — Roland Deschain

Country
    Country Flag

No book tour for this one or Elevation according to Ms. Mod. I suppose that leaves open maybe a book festival or one off type event like Bridgton a couple years ago.

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae has a brilliant future mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Amazon now has the back cover:

And Scribner put out another excerpt: http://www.simonandschuster.biz/book.../9781501180989

Demon of the Prim Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack is a glorious beacon of light Hunchback Jack's Avatar

The Mad Titan fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito has much to be proud of fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Lonely

Just realized this book is being released exactly on my birthday, May 22.

Simple shit that makes me happy
    In time, you will know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right. Yet to fail all the same.
    Dread it. Run from it. Destiny still arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    I'm just nodding my head the whole time thinking "ok, stop now, please."

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent's Avatar

Simon & Schuster has announced that award-winning narrator Will Patton will return to read the audiobook edition of THE OUTSIDER, available on CD and for download on May 22nd, 2018.

Manni Folken Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

German Cover

Goldmember herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest is a splendid one to behold herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Odd
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter

Traveler Vern is on a distinguished road Vern's Avatar

I wonder if you'll be okay to read this book without having read any of the Hodges series...

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent has much to be proud of Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    I wonder if you'll be okay to read this book without having read any of the Hodges series...
    Yes, you will be.

Country
    Country Flag

Something odd I just noticed. According to our Release Dates List, not counting Gwendy's Button Box, this will be the first King novel published in May since Gerald’s Game in 1992 (the first volume of The Green Mile was also published in May of 1996, but I'm talking full-fledged book). And other than Gerald’s Game, prior to that it was only The Drawing of the Three in May of 1987 and The Running Man in May of 1982. For bonus points the uncut version of The Stand came out in May of 1990. But that's it! Seems like King doesn't like May for some reason.

Honky Mahfah Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing is a splendid one to behold Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've just came across a neat surprise in Stephen King's The Outsider. One character he promised to return. Can you guess who?
    Wanted list:
    The girl who loved tom gordon ARC with King's letter
    The Plant #3 Unsigned.
    Maximum Overdrive Cardboard truck

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast